What's new

White sage ( Old sage x White og V2.0)

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey everyone,

Not much to see at the moment but here is a few shots

24 hours after placing the WS into the buckets roots are starting to show.

Usually after the roots start to show I introduce a root hormone,
Now in other hydro setups and soil/coco etc a product like root excel is really good,
but in dwc things can get out of hand very quickly with the growth of the roots if you use too much,
I've found that 3ml per 20l bucket each week until the first few weeks of flower will keeping the roots white and healthy until harvest.

48 hours after going into dwc 24 hours after adding root excel

When adding root excel to dwc you will notice a slight foaming and a brown staining of the roots this is normal and will disappear within 24 hours leaving a burst of long white crisp roots with the fish bone look.

Seedlings are growing nicely apart from the one in the bottom left bucket this started to happen after 24ish hours in the bucket,
At first I thought it was a ph issue as the feed is very light the ph was fine and stable same as the other buckets so I changed out the bucket with just water and a little zyme the seedling has started to bounce back in the last few days

All the roots on each seedling are on average nearly 2ft long

I had originally planned to veg these slowly for around 8 weeks under 2x 125cfl but i want to get these going a little quicker so I'm going to put them under a 400 for the next few weeks until they show sex and get put into the flowering room

Any questions please ask and anyone watching sorry for the slow start things should start getting interesting now

Thanks
GA

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
So much attention to detail. Great update, thanks for taking the time. I bet these will turn out to be top shelf....

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey everyone,

Strain description.

WHITE SAGE LTD

Sex: Regular
Flowering time: 63-84 days
Height: medium-Tall
Genetics:Old Sage x White og V2.0
Seed pack: 12 reg

That old Sage, which really smells like sage, crossed with the white og, makes it easy to grow and can give monster yields, The Sage is mostly dominant in the hybrid, and will make many sativa dominant plants, which produce huge topbuds, When smoked many heads will turn, as the smell stays in the air like a Incense. Great medium body high, with a soaring head rush.

Thanks
GA

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey everyone,

Took these pics of the White Sage last week for the update and forgot to update !
( I blame the headbanger )

Ph 5.5
Ppm 500 (300 local water )

As you can see the sensitive WS is bouncing back now

Roots are coming along nicely

All coming along nicely with uniformed growth

Side view

Thanks
GA

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey everyone,

Few more shots of the white sage

Hoping this one is female there's something about this plant really stinky already and sticky when touching the main stem

Thought I'd show one of my blue meanie clones that I have from the collection I'm going to run it with the white sage

I mentioned earlier in the thread about putting these under a 400 ,
I usually veg under a mh but I bought this 400v ballast a few months back and have been wanting to see how it performs vegging plants it's a dual spectrum bulb as I've not source a 400v mh yet

Lumatek 600w 400v

Any questions please ask

Thanks
GA

Last edited:

Gardening Angel

Veteran
So much attention to detail. Great update, thanks for taking the time. I bet these will turn out to be top shelf....

Hey rm,

Thanks for your comments
Just trying to explain things to new grower who grow karma genetics strains
My seed runs I like because you don't know what the phenos are going to be like ,
but the clone runs are my favorite as you know what she likes and how the plant will turn out .

Thanks
GA

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
The method of your explanation is what makes the journals so strong. We were all new once. Tons of ICMag readers (non members) who do not post likely appreciate the attention to detail. A few things I've even picked up due to your illustrative-type of writing.

Great job.....

Gardening Angel

Veteran
The method of your explanation is what makes the journals so strong. We were all new once. Tons of ICMag readers (non members) who do not post likely appreciate the attention to detail. A few things I've even picked up due to your illustrative-type of writing.

Great job.....

Hey rm,

Thanks for your comments,

I was thinking the same thing I lurked on the forums for a while before I joined Icmag
And this sort of thread I would of liked - a simple step by step

I hope you and the family are keeping well and the garden green

Thanks
GA

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey everyone,

I noticed on one of the white sage it's starting to show sex I got out the scope and the rest are starting to show

I'll update with shots once they are big enough to show up on the pics
I use an iPhone and we all know the pics are not great when zoomed in

Thanks
GA

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey everyone,

Last few days I've taken clones of the white sage and gave them a number to correspond with the clones so they will be known as WS 1 etc from now on
I am planning on taking a few more clones off the white sage plants but I was topping and cleaning the bottom of the plants up so took them to start me off.

Clone tray

Usually for cloning in my mother room I would have the clone tray sat on a heat mat with a cfl for lighting.

As I'm vegging with the hps there is enough heat in the veg tent for it to sit on my nft as that's warm and keeps the underneath of the clones warm also

WS 1

This is the biggest out of the white sage growing stocky with huge root development

WS 2

This is my favorite WS super stinky already growing stocky with good root development
This plant is the one I look for first when entering the tent !
Still hoping for a girl

WS 3

The sensitive one is growing strong now after the early over feed,
most og looking from the bunch super tight node growth

WS 4

The tallest from the WS has the widest internode spacing and huge leaves has a nice smell

Thanks
GA

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey everyone,

White sage group shot

all topped I'm probably put them into flower in the next 7-10 days

Top view of WS 1

Internode WS 1

Any questions please ask

Thanks
GA

Gardening Angel

Veteran
JUST SAW THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!exciting.

Hey str8edge,

Thanks mate I hope you are keeping well ?
Excited for this one myself I'm looking for a hazy og pheno,

yield is not something i look for in my keepers but past experience with the white og the yield is always insane for an og hybrid and with that old sage in the mix it's going to be a white v2 Xmas this year :woohoo:

GA

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
I cannot give you rep for the picture post right now.... The White Sage LTD is looking very nice. Lush green babies...... but then again, I think we're all starting to expect that from you (haha, but really).

Thanks for the picture update GA.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
I cannot give you rep for the picture post right now.... The White Sage LTD is looking very nice. Lush green babies...... but then again, I think we're all starting to expect that from you (haha, but really).

Thanks for the picture update GA.

Hey rm,

Thanks for your very kind comments
A little worried when the sensitive pheno started to show def but it's bouncing back now

I'm looking forward to seeing some more of the white ltd collection on icmag by other karma growers

Thanks
GA

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Looking good again man

Hey nickman

Cheers man I hope your keeping well ?
We have not had a chat in a while ill pm you

I was taught very well by an old Dutch grower ,
but I was young and when your young you think you know it all and I did not listen to him and take in everything he said.
I'm in my 30s now and a confident grower but trust me I am still learning and still wishing a had listen more to that old boy

Thanks
GA

Kalyx

Hey Ga,

Hope all is good with you.

Glad to hear that picky girl is making a comeback. Really excited to see these progress for you excited to see the fire in those beans. I love the Sage such a great unique flavor, mix that with the white og I think your in for some magical frosty phenos full of flavors.

Hope all is good and green for you and yours.
-Kalyx

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey Ga,

Hope all is good with you.

Glad to hear that picky girl is making a comeback. Really excited to see these progress for you excited to see the fire in those beans. I love the Sage such a great unique flavor, mix that with the white og I think your in for some magical frosty phenos full of flavors.

-Kalyx

Hey Kalyx,

I'm all good became an uncle for the second time yesterday
So I have had lots of good news this week

The sensitive pheno could be a male also but I'm hoping for at least 3 females

I've found that more blue light and more N than PK and in veg helps to produce more females from regular seeds

Thanks
GA

Kalyx

Hey GA,

That is amazing news! Congrats Uncle GA I know news like that can really brighten your week up.

I have heard similar things with blue light for getting more females, have also read that 18/6 light with seed runs is a good way to get more females. Glad my veg room is bathed in blue light. Not sure if the light cycle has anything to do with it but I usually run my veg room at 18/6. No way to know if any of these things works but will follow anything easy in hopes of more ladies.

Cant wait to see them start flowering!

-Kalyx

Latest posts

Latest posts