What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Rhino & Blueberry Winter Indoor Grow

NCbuds

What's up everyone...this is my second grow but first time using the Coco medium. I love this stuff! I'm using B'Cuzz coco with about 40% perlite mixed in.
I have Nirvana's White Rhino and Spliff Seeds Blueberry growing as of December 1. After a week the seeds had popped above the coco. So they have been vegging for about 5 weeks so far. I will be flipping them to 12/12 cycle on Monday Jan. 15.
I am using Botanicare's line of nutes, I have been feeding them 7 mL of Grow. I am also using Liquid Karma, 10 mL with every watering. pH is then adjusted. I have a a couple leaves that are burned or yellow, but overall they look good. I also just transplanted the plants a couple days ago.
Take a look, and lemme know what you think. Will be updating on a regular basis. Enjoy!
From the beginning...

Green Relic

I'm new to this also but it does look like the plants need more food. I hope you have a good light for them...very nice :)

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Looks good bro...looks like ya had some adjustments early on and got on track...the new growth is healthy....

I have limited experience with the PBP hydro organic line (are you using the PBP soil?)....so I'm gonna tag this one and see how it goes for ya....very nice start...

What's your source water like?

Thanks for the thread!
:lurk:

NCbuds

Thanks for the comments every1......
I am using a 400 watt HPS hortilux bulb....reflector is air cooled, hanging about 1 ft. above the tops.
I did have some problems at the start...I bought a pH meter, Checker 1, from ebay and it doesn't give accurate numbers, I believe the electrode is bad. So, I screwed up the pH for the first couple weeks, but now I have this quick easy pH solution. I test water with 3 drops of this solution and match the color w/pH. So now they have been getting fed with a pH of around 6 -6.5 for the past week or two.
I am using the PBP soil organic line, because thats what I used for my first grow and had great success growing my 4 Romulans. I'm using the PBP soil made for soil and coco mediums.
Water source has a high pH of like 9 or 10 I think....well that was what meter said, but havnt tested it with the drops yet......i should do that....
I am also going to start raising the level of nutes because 7 mL is for seedlings and 15 mL for mature vegatative growth. About half of my plants have alternating nodes so they should be getting more nutes I think...

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
It's a good idea to fortify with Cal/Mag+ IMHO....I aim for 6.0 PH...the liquid kits work great....
you're plants look good :)
good luck with the grow

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
looking nice in there NCbuds,

like VT said, everything is looking honkydory now, even if you had some slight problems to start with. maybe go up slowly with the nutes? from 7 to 15 is double. maybe go to 10 ml for a few days first and see how they like it before jumping to 15. a ph between 5.7 and 6.2 is ideal, early flowering 5.7 or 5.8 late flowering 6.0 or 6.1 veg ph should also be below 6.0 ideally 5.8 or there about.

by the way, 15 ml per what? lol, gallon? must be per gallon, right?

anyway, good work man. when you starting 12/12?

Last edited:

NCbuds

Ya know, I've heard a lot of people using that Cal-Mag stuff. It costs about 20 bucks at the store here, is it really worth it?
I will slowly increase their nutes, probably give them 10 mL per gallon the next couple waterings.
I will try to lower my pH a bit, to 6 or a little under, but it's kinda hard to get an exact match with the color of the tested water with the color chart.
I think I should be flowering on Monday. Should I wait and give them a few more feedings with a stronger nute solution?
Is there anything I should do before I flower? Like flush them or something?
Thx.
NorCal

NCbuds

Also, how often do you guys water using coco? I watered every 4 days or so using soil last grow, but it seems I need to be watering more frequently with the coco. Just water when my pots feel light before watering again?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Well, there are varying approaches...I water daily....sometimes 2x day....
Whatever you do....don't let the coco get completely dry....keep it moist
You're in coco/perlite....impossible to overwater coco/perlite
NCbuds said:
Ya know, I've heard a lot of people using that Cal-Mag stuff. It costs about 20 bucks at the store here, is it really worth it?
I will slowly increase their nutes, probably give them 10 mL per gallon the next couple waterings.
I will try to lower my pH a bit, to 6 or a little under, but it's kinda hard to get an exact match with the color of the tested water with the color chart.
I think I should be flowering on Monday. Should I wait and give them a few more feedings with a stronger nute solution?
Is there anything I should do before I flower? Like flush them or something?
Thx.
NorCal
-Yes it's worth it, but...you can get by without...depends on the source water...some tap has adequate amount of calcium....and esalts or Sweet for Mg

-Aim for urine yellow...

-I'd give them some time to get green before flip if it were me

-I don't do anything...however, I run veg nutes mixed with bloom nutes during stretch.....sometimes I run all veg nutes during stretch

-Flushing....that depends on how you water....with your approach a periodic flush might not be bad idea....

Last edited:

NCbuds

New update! Plants are looking real healthy. They're getting more nutes. Feeding 15 mL of PBP per gallon. Had to raise the light up higher b/c their definately streching right now.
Were having one or two plants with alternating nodes. Should we wait until all the plants are alternating before flipping them to 12/12?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
- Yes, I do..currently mixing in grow nutes to the end (out of LK)
- No....during sretch.....1st week of bloom until they start making baby buds....

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
The 1st week of bloom is also the 1st week of stretch :D
Soon as those plants hit the 1st 12 hour dark period....I start the 50/50 bloom/veg mix....
I continue to feed this way until the plants start making baby buds (a sign to me that they are in full flower and will need more bloom nutes)

I am currently mixing in some veg nutes beyond the stretch period...just not 50%...more like 20%...I am doing this because I am bereft of Liquid Karma and Sweet...so the veg nutes should help keep em green (my plants look good)

Hey....your plants in your last update look good by the way :yes: , you have a good feel for the PBP...it shows...just keep making adjustments until ya hit the sweet spot...

NCbuds

Awsome!! Thanks VT for all the help so far...you the man!
So give em another 3/4 days or so to flipp??...if u can't tell I'm pretty anxious to get em flowerin... ;)

Veda Beta

Nice looking start you have there NCbuds.... I'll be looking in on this one, I am curious tho, do you know the sex of your plants yet? I've been told White Rhino from this seed stock usually shows 7 fems to 3 males per pack, anyone out there with exp on this ?

-V.B

NCbuds

I have not sexed up my plants yet. I will be flipping them to 12/12 pretty soon and shortly after I will find out. I do remember when I bought these seeds that the guy told me they were 60/40......60% females, 40%male

CaptJamesTKirk

NCbuds said:
the guy told me they were 60/40......60% females, 40%male

And you believe him?
Are you a betting man?

Put me down for 100 says it won't be 60/40
now I gotta tag and see how it turns!

Good luck.

Daddy always told me believe nothing of what you hear and 1/2 of what you see. -- But I like what I hear about coco coir ;-)
:woohoo:

Last edited:

NCbuds

Ha...we'll see shortly...
Although I did buy these seeds in Amsterdam and the guy knew quite a bit about them.
So bets are on...