What's new

white flies.. help please..

Q

quokka

Sticky traps hanging above the plant canopy is necessary in combating the whitefly.

This ^^

I put yellow traps above an outdoor plant and within a week they were basically white from tiny whiteflies.

The easiest and best trick i've found.

Apache Kush

water burns are for real indoor and outdoors (its at least partly cloudy if its raining)

add neem and oils and yeah I could see that getting even cripier come lights on time

gl kill them fockers

psyphish

Veteran
Here's a small plant with some mild neem burn. Don't get me wrong, I use neem on all of my plants, but now I make sure to spray just after the lights go out. If I spray it while the lights are on, the damage is very real and not a myth. There's no room for debate, unless someone wants to call me a liar or something.

Oh and Spinosad should work for whiteflies. Neem is a great preventive measure, but once you have pests, it rarely gets rid off them.

Last edited:

waveguide

Veteran
i got years of micro and a 400w grow with no burns from foliars of any nature. i also have many indoor and outdoor plants and decades of growing them.

if you do get burns, that's cool. i'm sorry.

i used to know a grower named Q, on another forum.

used to tell everyone how he did things, and if you did anything another way, it was the wrong way.

using neem was wrong. in fact, foliar under the lights was wrong. ("because it's a mess and burns plants, the drops turn into tiny magnifying glasses")

that's great. foliar under the lights working just fine here. no tiny magnifying glasses. years of grow pictures absent from leaf burn due to neem.

i'm not trying to say it's always fine, or you must spray neem all over your plants right now, but i am saying, my experience is different, and so is that of many people who post on weed forums i've read. so i hope one day humanity can tolerate that it's not always the same, which is okay, because it doesn't need to me.

dear reader, try it, don't just believe those guys. if if don't work, you heard both sides.

BagAppeal

Hydrogen Peroxide works wonders also.. I used the one from A.N at 7ml per liter..Its 35% I think..Encarsia Formosa if your looking for biological control..

All the best

BagAppeal

psyphish

Veteran
i got years of micro and a 400w grow with no burns from foliars of any nature. i also have many indoor and outdoor plants and decades of growing them.

if you do get burns, that's cool. i'm sorry.

i used to know a grower named Q, on another forum.

used to tell everyone how he did things, and if you did anything another way, it was the wrong way.

using neem was wrong. in fact, foliar under the lights was wrong. ("because it's a mess and burns plants, the drops turn into tiny magnifying glasses")

that's great. foliar under the lights working just fine here. no tiny magnifying glasses. years of grow pictures absent from leaf burn due to neem.

i'm not trying to say it's always fine, or you must spray neem all over your plants right now, but i am saying, my experience is different, and so is that of many people who post on weed forums i've read. so i hope one day humanity can tolerate that it's not always the same, which is okay, because it doesn't need to me.

dear reader, try it, don't just believe those guys. if if don't work, you heard both sides.

Well, it was under a high bay COB LED. I know for a fact it was the neem as it was the only thing I sprayed and the damage appeared the next day. I'm not saying neem is bad, but if you'd bother to google you'd know oil and intense lights don't mix. I know that now, but I didn't before, because everyone said neem is perfectly harmless to plants. If you google "neem oil burn", you will find similar cases.

[edit] 400w HPS isn't an intense light, 150w COB from 30cm is.

Hydrogen Peroxide works wonders also.. I used the one from A.N at 7ml per liter..Its 35% I think..Encarsia Formosa if your looking for biological control..

All the best

BagAppeal

Seconded.

This + Dutchmaster Zone works very well to sterilize hydroponic systems.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
i suggest you FIRST test a small part of a plant and see for yourself if your neem mix will have negative effects on the plants.

i had a diluted solution kill unrooted clones just from over spray so its better to be safe when spraying something new on your plant.

also, you most likely have white flies outside and it would be good to treat your yard to act as a buffer zone / kill zone to help your battle.

peace

vostok

Veteran
Here's a small plant with some mild neem burn. Don't get me wrong, I use neem on all of my plants, but now I make sure to spray just after the lights go out. If I spray it while the lights are on, the damage is very real and not a myth. There's no room for debate, unless someone wants to call me a liar or something.

Oh and Spinosad should work for whiteflies. Neem is a great preventive measure, but once you have pests, it rarely gets rid off them.

[URL=http://i.imgur.com/lVlweEfl.jpg]View Image[/URL]
800px-MiG-15_RB1.jpg

I climb to my Mig, and if necessary will call you a liar, and yes there is room for DEBATE,,...thats whats ICMAG is all about ..!!

I have several bottles of commercially prepared Neem in my shed, many were bought as a replacement for my hard waxy cold pressed crap, that I need to microwave it soft just to use it, its this that was recommended to me years ago, to which I take 1/2 x teaspoon, and add it to a pint(500ml) handspray bottle, topped up with warm water ..shaken for 30 seconds, then liberally sprayed all over the plants, I do extract the plants 2-3 times a week, take them outside, spray the plants, water them even feed them if required, then clean, the grow room, wiping down the walls and bulbs, ....just general maintenance that I should think you and every other member does weekly or at least 2x monthly...?

Commercially prepared Neem Oil solutions are a very different fish, and in most cases, are created for 'general' garden use'; for flowers and veg outside, or if internal, for window sill type grows, many are not suitable for 'organic' or 'medical' type grows, the common fly spray is an excellent example, wherein the average can contains the infamous Pyrethrin bug killer and its organic, but hydrocarbons(petroleum distillate) is used as a carrier...REALLY DUMB !..again I have 7 bottles of bug killer in my shed, all commercially prepared concoctions that I have tried to various degrees, with poor results each time. Stick with the cold pressed neem, recent lab tests have proven that neem oil is also systemic, that means plants can actually drink it up in their water, hence no burnt leaves

good luck

indalo

I have always used a neem oil called AIN thc with great results . They have changed the name for some reason , and it's now retailing under the name AIN Grow

Q

quokka

Why prefer to spray plants with something than have sticky traps that don't affect the plant at all?

Just curious?

Why prefer to spray plants with something than have sticky traps that don't affect the plant at all?

Just curious?

why not both good sir? i do have the yellow square sticky fly traps hung above the canopy and also on the lower branches of some plants.. and another sticky fly trap things hanging above the canopy. but i do think a spray down will get them unsettled and flying so more chance of them getting stuck to the fly traps..

Q

quokka

why not both good sir? i do have the yellow square sticky fly traps hung above the canopy and also on the lower branches of some plants.. and another sticky fly trap things hanging above the canopy. but i do think a spray down will get them unsettled and flying so more chance of them getting stuck to the fly traps..

Oh, ok.

I have been happy enough with the results i had with the traps alone (outdoor) so far.

It didn't get rid of every single one but maybe down to 10% of what i had.

I just avoid spraying anything during flower if possible.

Oh, ok.

I have been happy enough with the results i had with the traps alone (outdoor) so far.

It didn't get rid of every single one but maybe down to 10% of what i had.

I just avoid spraying anything during flower if possible.

i was suprised to notice on your first post you used theese outdoors as i had never thought of this.. good idea..

and i can respect that about not spraying them during plowering and im a bit the same but wasnt sure what was worse a spray over with neem or the infestation..

thanks for your input on it all mate.. muchly apreciated

BagAppeal

This is why I find Hydrogen peroxide so helpful.. It can be sprayed even in flowering, and will not leave any nasty taste..
Please let me know if anyone disagrees. I do use neem with great results also, but I only use neem in vegetative, and I think the Hydrogen peroxide works faster.

All the best

BagAppeal

This is why I find Hydrogen peroxide so helpful.. It can be sprayed even in flowering, and will not leave any nasty taste..
Please let me know if anyone disagrees. I do use neem with great results also, but I only use neem in vegetative, and I think the Hydrogen peroxide works faster.

All the best

BagAppeal

could you put up a link to the hydrogen peroxide you use so i can look into if i can get it somewhere close to me.. thanks mate

Apache Kush

so in your experience guys whats does the neem or azamax etc.taste like on the final product if noticeable amounts are on buds after cure?

Its sad but it happens, I stopped going thru the guy I know with bugs problems becuase the taste was weird and noticeable to me but kinda like a strong rosemary or minty burn not natual, pretty sure he tried them all def azamax or azatrol he had issues, he sucks haha

Latest posts

Latest posts