What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Fire Alien OG RDWC SCROG x3 Wifi Alien

Here are some pics I took only 8 hours into the light cycle.

See how perky they are in comparison, to the pics took at end of cycle?

Also switched in the 600w digilux before these pics were taken so the coloring is slightly different. This light is bright!

Attachments

• IMG_1559.jpg
    IMG_1559.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1560.jpg
    IMG_1560.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1561.jpg
    IMG_1561.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 11
im reading temps of 81 at the top of the canopy. Def need to get that screen in soon because I can only raise the light another 6-8 inches or so. I can dim it, but don't like to as it f***ks with the spectrum.

I got the most powerful 6in fan i know of, the can-fan max fan pro, running full blast for exhaust. I also got my old regular can fan blasting near full tilt for intake.

canopy temp 81, 9 degrees above external (72 deg)

I could turn the AC on but I have central AC and would hate to use the power unnecessarily.

The 400 W only runs like 4 above external with this setup.

What gives?

HereIgrowagain

Do you have a circulating fan running in the set up mate. Is the intake set low down or at a height? Heat rises so for me personally it would be intake at the lowest level with a circulating fan pointing more or less across your canopy "across the light area" and outtake at the highest possible.. If that is the set up then I do not know ya answer lol ;) at least 1 maybe 2 circulating.

I also have a rotating cylindrical fan running constantly aimed below canopy, this fan is 3ft high

I have the intake low and the exhaust high running full tilt, but no fan on the canopy. Suppose I should work something out there. Thanks again HIGA!

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Here are some pics I took only 8 hours into the light cycle.

See how perky they are in comparison, to the pics took at end of cycle?

Also switched in the 600w digilux before these pics were taken so the coloring is slightly different. This light is bright!

Hey bro, the middle one looks stressed or at least lagging behind the others. Why do you think that is?

-DZ

Couldn't say my man. As far as I can tell all the buckets have the same water and aeration levels. The conditions are the same. The middle plant may be receiving the most light being in the middle, but other than that same environment

This plant was topped by yourself at the 4th-5th node, and I only topped the other ones about a week ago.

She looks healthy, a little more yellow than the other 2.

I turned the LED off as maybe it is light stress.

What do you think my man?

After closer inspection I am not too worried. She was topped at like the 3rd node and has two very large main nodes and lots of inner nodes.
She has two main colas whereas the ones on the sides appear to have just one (as I just recently topped them). She is a bit lighter than the other two, but excellent roots, and I should put the screen in today probably, but got a big project due tomorrow, so I will put it in next week. They are def starting to take off.

Any clue as to why they droop so much by the end of the day? lights driving excessive water uptake?

Update Veg Week 3

So the middle one is taking off now DZ.
#4 on the right seems to be going the slowest now, but that is what I sorta expected as I topped her last.
#1 on the left has has the thickest branches, and is growing like a beast.

The only difference like I said is that the #1 and #3 have the LED on them as well. I expect the massive growth has more to do with the pheno than the LED.

I decided to use this flexible plastic orange netting, as opposed to the solid metal screens I have been using. It was half the cost for a roll, and should suffice.
Any advice is welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1567.jpg
    IMG_1567.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 7
I use 5 gallons in a scrog myself id suggest tucking the tops under to the next square instead of using ties. When you have to take the top off 5 gal it will move your plant. I just pop top and slide over so I can see roots and take readings. I tied one and it was a nightmare. Id also set it to about 8-12 inches above the top of the bucket, and then a wider opened net about 12-18 inches above the first screen for support of the colas you will be getting. Looks good to me though. Check out mine if you want a couple ideas and good luck

I use 5 gallons in a scrog myself id suggest tucking the tops under to the next square instead of using ties. When you have to take the top off 5 gal it will move your plant. I just pop top and slide over so I can see roots and take readings. I tied one and it was a nightmare. Id also set it to about 8-12 inches above the top of the bucket, and then a wider opened net about 12-18 inches above the first screen for support of the colas you will be getting. Looks good to me though. Check out mine if you want a couple ideas and good luck

Thanks for the tips. you have a link?
Those are actually 6 gal buckets, as my 5 gals tended to get overgrown too quickly. That was back before I had my chiller too!

Yea i know what you mean with the bucket lids becoming immobile, once the screen goes in. Fortunately I have the buckets on lil platforms I can remove, that gives me some wiggle room if i need to get in there , and I also have the blue tubes to view the water level. This system is recirculating as well, so I don't need to get into the plant buckets themselves all to often, just the res.

Tucking is the only way I know how. DZ taught me how to bend them properly, but It still scares me a bit. lol

Just attached the screen and lowered slightly. Don't wanna go too much as they are droopy now and perk up a bunch in the AM.

Attachments

• IMG_1572.jpg
    IMG_1572.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 7
The estimated costs for my RDWC setup

Aquarium chiller 180$
Continual ph meter/ dosing pump 200$
Two submersible pumps (one pumping to chiller, one to plants) 60$
One commercial air pump (pumping to plant buckets)35$
The rest is just 5 and 6 gal buckets, rubber grommets and 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4 inch tubing and connectors. 100-200$ IDK honestly...

I got a conical drill bit that allows me to drill hole from 1/4 inch up to 1-3/4 inches in 1/4 inch increments to secure grommets to the buckets, but other than getting those in right, was very easy. I added pieces each year.

Next year I need to figure out an electronic way to sense water levels. I have seen the gravity feed float valves, but I believe those require me to place my extra water above my reservoir. Currently if water levels get low, I either raise the reservoir a bit, or add more water.
If i had an electronic float valve I could have it turn on a pump when levels got too low.
Haven't found one yet though...

Beggining Veg week 4

My concern for pheno #4 (lady on the right) is growing. I am not sure if she has some issue, or just slow compared to the other phenos.

I took a zoomed back photo so you guys can see the LED. I have had it focused on the larger plant and the middle plant.
I am wondering if that LED is in fact working well, because the plants get increasingly larger the closer to that LED. I just refocused it on the lil lady.
They are growing fast at this point.

Any suggestions r advice?

thanks again
DP
The main 600w MH hood is more to the right, so strange.

Attachments

• IMG_1585.jpg
    IMG_1585.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1586.jpg
    IMG_1586.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1587.jpg
    IMG_1587.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1588.jpg
    IMG_1588.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1590.jpg
    IMG_1590.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 7
Water levels are the same in all the buckets. I got the blue view tubes confirming that. I also checked to make sure the aeration levels were the same.

They all droop towards the end of the day, and perk up at the beginning.

My temps are getting up to 77-79 so maybe that is why.

The LED is the only known difference between the left and righ side

What LED unit are you using in their deep?

The kessil H380. its a 90 W that simulates a 250W.

I read some people doing full grows under 4 of them next to a 1000W hps and they did almost as well.

Figured I could use them to hit some shady spots in the canopy, but unless this is pheno related growth, the ladies seem to love it in Veg

It has dual spectrum as well, veg mode and bloom.