What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Fire Alien OG RDWC SCROG x3 Wifi Alien

Hello all, just had an epic fail and killed 3 Holy Grail Kush clones...
My man DZ entrusted me with 3 Wifi alien OG clones that were well rooted.

I skipped the rockwool and just pulled the roots through the net pot and re-added the clay pebbles. (see pic)

Basically have the drip in the net-pot so it's a top-feed/DWC setup. Once the roots establish, I will have the drip just go into the bucket and do full Recirculating DWC

currently a 400W plantmax MH on 75% power. Will turn up to a digilux 600w MH and turn on the kessil h380 once these girls are settled.

Looking good this time!

So I don't forget the phenos go #1 #3 and #4

Attachments

• IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 8
They look Great today! All perked up!

Attachments

• IMG_1515.jpg
    IMG_1515.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1513.jpg
    IMG_1513.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1510.jpg
    IMG_1510.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 11

LostTribe

Premium user
you don't need or want the rock wool imho! They will perk up and take off shortly. Keeping the rez cool is the key to dwc! that rhymes boyeee!

They are gonna take off. I recommend sm90, cannazyme and silica blast in all dwc systems as these 3 bust out killer root systems with ease as 1-2-3's! I might have to go into the rap music business after this thread!

Peas!

DeceiverZ

Veteran
you don't need or want the rock wool imho! They will perk up and take off shortly. Keeping the rez cool is the key to dwc! that rhymes boyeee!

They are gonna take off. I recommend sm90, cannazyme and silica blast in all dwc systems as these 3 bust out killer root systems with ease as 1-2-3's! I might have to go into the rap music business after this thread!

Peas!

LOL LostTribe

Those look good DP....... I think you'll really enjoy those genetics! This round is going to be great.

-DZ

Peas!

I'd buy the album on itunes!

Yea I got a chiller setup this time round, and i agree cool water is key!

The clones are taking off!

the root mass has already doubled.

It looks like pheno number 3 (in the middle bucket) is already topped, but I think I still need to top #1 and #4 on the sides. Should start thinking about getting my screen ready soon too!

Update.
Seem to be responding well. Some leaftips browning but otherwise look very healthy?

When should I consider topping the two that need topping?

Attachments

• IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1518.jpg
    IMG_1518.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1517.jpg
    IMG_1517.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 9
Update! calling this Veg Week 1... clones have established roots and new nodes

I just topped number 1 (on the left 1st 2 pics) Hope I did it right. It is now topped at the 5th node.
I believe DZ topped #3 (in the middle) at the 4th or 5th.
#4 (on the right, last pic) I will top at the 6th node because number 5 is well developed already, probably should have topped already, but I will be adding a screen soon so It shouldn't matter.

I also turned on me Kessil 380 two days ago (90 W LED), and pointed at #1 and #3 to see if they could handle more light without yellowing. So far they look good.

Maybe next week I will switch in my 600W MH instead of the 400W I'm using now, if they seem to like the extra lumens.

How do they look guys??

Attachments

• IMG_1547.jpg
    IMG_1547.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 10
I do notice some slight curling on the leaf tips, but this is on all the plants including #4 which doesn't have the LED directed at it

HereIgrowagain

Looking fine to me mate. I have no experience whatsoever on growing with your set up. I will say that the tiny little bit leaf burn/curl on the tips is nowt to worry about at all at this stage. Maybe a bit calmag will do away with the slight yellowing on the fresh leaves. In coco I would use 2ml per litre for about 10 days Mixed up in 10 litre batches so 20ml calmag per feed mix, which lasts a couple of days. In the alien pot set up I have no idea as to how to approach introducing it.

Funky colours from those LED's I am unsure if I could use them in my grow without wanting to break out the roller boots and chucking some lino down for a bit of a bash haha :tiphat:

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Nice to hear bro. These genetics have especially large fan leaves. I tend to cut out the larger ones towards the top to encourage more light to reaching the bottom nodes

-DZ

Good to know my man!
Would you recommend I begin doing this now-soon, as they are all topped?
Will post new pics tomorrow when lights come back on

Update veg week 2
Here are some pics from last night before lights out. The giant fans are so big, the plants all droop by the end of the day. Never seen a plant behave this way so consistently in my DWC, lol. n

I still had my 400 w plantmax MH when these pics were taken.

Just switched in the 600 w digilux MH bulb, and it is way brighter and hotter than the 400 W plantmax, but also far more white.
The plantmax has a sky blue color to it, where this appears white. Not sure if that is good or bad yet, but we shall see!

Turned the LED off for all but the last pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1551.jpg
    IMG_1551.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1552.jpg
    IMG_1552.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1556.jpg
    IMG_1556.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg