What's new

Which type of scale do you use/prefer? (ANONYMOUS POLL)

Which type of scale do you use/prefer? (ANONYMOUS POLL)

• A Tanita or other trusted name-brand because it's accurate and you know and love the make/model

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • a stealth/novelty scale because theyre safe to keep on the coffee table and easy on the wallet compa

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • a .01 accuracy hundreth place scale, no matter what the cost.

• a cheap .01 scale, nomatter the style. you're out for best accuracy for least $

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • a tiny pocket scale, as small as you can find, such as the credit card scale, because you're always

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • a table scale/high capacity scale..generally most expensive, but can weigh a bowl of buds on it. you

• OTHER (POST WHAT AND WHY)

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

newbgrow

It depends on if your friend is weighting grams and eighths, or ounces and pounds? He should get a scale with the corresponding size. Too small, and it would be hard to weigh things. Too large, and it would be hard to hide or get rid of.

One thing is you don't need a .01 scale. A .1 or .3+- is close enough in my opinion. You're not going to be pinching the ends of buds just for .01.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
.. Now I just have to log on to a numismatic web site and determine the exact metric weight of a U.S. quarter.

5.7 grams, not very counterweight friendly as the 5.0 gram nickle.

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
I bought some 0.001 scales off ebay for around £20. They are astonishingly accurate and haven't let me down yet.

Thy work very well for certain precious spices...:D

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
digital triple beams are what i used to have but the cops took them then weighed my weed with it. i was mad as hell watching weigh my own weed with my own scale...

then they take it all and leave :mad:

it would weigh like 0.001 to that accuracy, i loved it.

Last edited:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
any1 ever use the ashtray scale?
they have a glass one and a metal one.
curious if its well made etc before orderin it :confused:
the glass one looks stealthiest but the metal one seems like a better quality scale :chin:

anyone own an 'american weigh' unit? can you vouch for their quality? :confused:

thanks in advance! :jump:

Thanks to you guys I just got a MyWeigh MX-500H - weighs up to 500g/18oz. $23.00 from ebay including shipping! Every feature known to man plus the case is made from hemp/plastic composite. Very cool & is the same size as a wallet in your pocket. Easy & cheap enough to chuck out the window in the face of John Law...

nice looking scale..good choice going with the myweigh...just don't put cell phones down next to it when you're weighing...some cells will throw off digis

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Pesola from Switzerland, i think they invented the spring scale, well, atleast the modern version :smile:
Not the cheapest, but quality stuff