What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

which tent??? help please

oneshot

I sealed up all of the pinholes around the zippers. The inside of my tent has flaps covering the intakes on the inside though. It's in a closet and I think it's fairly light proof. I read that thread but I am a terrible DIYer.

cravin morehead

Veteran
well, if you don't need them, then you don't need them... these are very simple to make. i used only a sawzall w/ metal cutting fine toothed blade, a tape measure, a marker, and some tape... oh yeah, and flat black spray paint... took 1 hour to cut and glue and dry overnight. then 10 minutes to paint and 3 hours to dry. i'm sure you can make them if you tried

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
To be honest, those are in a basement, so light leaks, are not a problem for me.

However, I also grow in a 2nd story room, and panda plastic all the windows, to eliminate the light leak problem.

Eliminate light coming into the room my tents are in, and I eliminate any light leak problems with any zipper/pinhole.

Easy peasy!

cravin morehead

Veteran
pretty much done building now. all thats left is to insulate the buckets, which may or not happen. i did a system test with the light and fans on. i was able to keep the inside temp within 2*f of the ambient temp with both fans set at 3/4 power. sweet! also the noise level is almost nothing. the sound of the waterfall into the res is the most obvious sound in the room. a small decoy aquarium would work perfect. its so quiet, my chick doesn't mind it at all.
i did some work on lightproofing. not much, mind you. i made the light proof vents, routed my ducting correctly, and applied a little duct tape to the rear most upper seam. thats it. so heres the pic of the tent from the outside with the light on full blast (1000w on super lumen setting) inside of it. first pic is with a flash on, second is without flash. i tried to not move the camera so you can roughly see where light is leaking from.

im going to address this light leak, but i don't think it will really matter to the girls inside. its coming from right where the 3 zippers come together at the bottom. any ideas???

i'll include some bio-bucket system pics if any of you guys are interested...

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
go with the secret jardain 5x5 for a 1kw it works mint

edit lol looks like you already got what you need... i need to read thru the threads before just giving an answer ... how you like your tent bro?

cravin morehead

Veteran
haha, im the opposite of you, i read the whole post before posting. sometimes it takes so long i give up on posting!! so far so good... i'll like it alot more in about 3 months!! all in all, i think it is a quality built and designed tent. as you can see, there are light leaks, but all of them do. they were easy to fix though. i feel like the blockbuster 6" hood and 1k lumatek is a perfect match for the 4' x 4' footprint. the openings in the tent made it nice and easy to install a bio system, i imagine most systems can be made to fit in it easily. also the strength of the roof supports is nice to hang alot of stuff off them. i would purchase one again, but then again, this is the only tent i've worked with...

cm