What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

which tent??? help please

cravin morehead

Veteran
"Yeah post later some pictures of the box. Put the light on and close the box and also shut the lights around box that we would see better for leaks, (i hope for no lightleaks)goodluck."

will do for sure... probably lead to my next thread, "how to fix light leaks in my ________ tent" haha! i figure some silver tape on the inside would do it... thanks again, talk with you guys soon

cm

G

Guest 88950

right on bro.........those highland mex X bb might be doable 12/12 from seed in the tent.

make sure and post pics and im sure there are many w/ideas on ways to light proof but the foil tape works. i have mine in a deticated room so the pin hole leaks are no issue b/c the room stays dark when the grls are asleep.

there are some real gems in the Mosca C-99 BXI.......i have a cut that is sweet, tastey and a very nice yield....the stretch is a bit but not too bad.

good luck

kal el

Secret Jardin are the light tightest of them all. I have not tried the new Oasis tents, which are supposed to be pretty heavy duty. I have the DR120, DR150 and DD90.
You can get any tent for veg, but SJ are what I like for flowering.

T

TribalSeeds

I don't really understand the concern for the tent being 100% light tight. If you seal it up all the way it could collapse when you turn on a fan.
Deal with the room the tent is in. My SJ leak light, but its never been a problem. I like to leave the bottom flaps uncovered

LifeLess

Veteran
I have a secret Jardin Dr120 II and its pretty light tight with a 1k in it. Maybe if i get real close i can maybe see alittle light at the zipper but nothing anyones gonna notice before they see the tent. I researched tents awhile back and the SJ was the one for me. The Zippers are important and there pretty heavy duty. Im sure youll be happy with any of the choices. GL LL

cravin morehead

Veteran
Greners.com
They have video reviews of all the tents. Comparison charts, etc.
Go look.

thanks for the heads-up on greners!! those videos were extremely helpful. ordered my light package from them, great pricing!

still think im going with the gl120. since i ordered the light already, i'll have to wait to get my tent. hopefully less than 2 weeks though. will post pics of the set-up when done...

thanks for all the responses!! you guys/this site are the best!!

cm

WasntMe

glad you found the info useful for your situation. Also happy to hear you found a good light deal for yourself. They also put a lot of gear in the clearance section so it pays to check them out every so often. Which light package did you end up going with?
I personally own a DR60 and a DR90II if you have any questions about those 2 models I am happy to help.

cravin morehead

Veteran
Which light package did you end up going with?

i got the 'high performance' package.
- lumatek 1000w digital, dimmable , multi-volt
- upgrade to a block-buster 6" hood
- 1000w hortilux lamp
and, you know what, f^%* typing right now, : http://www.greners.com/i/packages/g...gh-performance-grower-grow-light-package.html

all i did was upgrade the hood to a blockbuster 6" for like $30

i like the idea of dimmable, so i don't shock "freshies" (newly rooted clones) with 1000w of hid lights. they'll only be run dimmed for about a week or two at a time anyhow...

thanks again Wasn'tMe and everyone
cm

LifeLess

Veteran
Thats kinda strange cravin. That they would package a Hort eye with a lumatek ballast. Last i knew there were know issues with that match up. I would check into that and make sure your not gonna run into a problem. I just got my 1k lumatek but i got a digilux bulb. Amazon has that bulb for 73.00 w/free shipping. Good Luck hope it works out for ya. Peace LL

cravin morehead

Veteran
been spending last few weeks building and buying. i'm building a bio-bucket system in here. i'm getting close to filling this thing up. heres some progress pics:

tell me what you think, comments/advice are welcome. more to come...

cm

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
i have a DR120 with a 600 quantum/hydrofarm hood combo...4" exhaust and small scrubber...works just fine...I run a 3X3 ebb and flood table in it. I also own a Homebox XL...both are great tents....the Secret Jardin is just a tad better in built quality.

I would go with the SJ!

cravin morehead

Veteran
the exhaust fan is located on top of the exhaust opening in the back right top corner. i have not hung the scrubber yet, no sense in exposing the carbon before its finished.... theres a 6" badass blower mounted on top of, in front of the blockbuster hood. light intake from the tents left opening into right side of hood, from left side of hood to fan, to right side tent opening... this arrangement keeps it light tight...

cm

cravin morehead

Veteran
i think im posting to myself here, oh well. i'm pretty excited about this set-up! built and installed light traps for the passive intakes today. all thats left is to run the water line and install the float valve and fans for the reservoir. then fill her up, fix leaks (most likely), then begin. guess i should get going on some cuts!!

G

Guest1298

i have a secret jarden DR100 with a 150mm/600mm rhino filter
adjusta wing reflector and a new adjust a watt dimible ballast
it runs 600 watt hps and metal halide bulbs and is dimable to
400watt and 250watt..really looking forward to using it this grow
peace DankUser

cravin morehead

Veteran
the traps i made are basically the ones found here (one of the best stickies on the site) :

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=135524

be sure to read a little into it to figure out your sq. in. needs. i'm not completly done with the tent yet, but i plan on posting a pic with the light on in the tent (1000w) and darkness in the room to see how effective my light trapping is... i used some exterior rated double sided tape to hang these, so you dont have to make holes in your tent material. not the best pic, but here you go

its 21" x 4" and allows 16.2 sq in. of airflow...

Latest posts

Latest posts