What's new

Where to move in Oregon to find friendly areas for OMMP Greenhouse cultivation!!

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Same thing happens to all markets it seems.. I'm looking into a switch back to the west coast. Was in MDO for a decade, but no way I;m going back there.

If the laws finally worked themselves out here in the "Third Coast," I'd feel better about it - cause there is a lot about it to like. But Still would miss surfing, and less winter. That;s never gonna change.

Cheers. Good Luck wherever you happen to be Amigos.

R

Robrites

Ever get an Email like this?

Ever get an Email like this?

[email protected] via p3nlhg665.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net

9:25 AM (10 minutes ago)

to me
Hi you got a new message from: .
Here the Detail:
Message From: RGriff10
Message Text: How Much For A Pound Of High Grade Marijuana?
Click Here to reply: (there was a link here)

Sluicebox

Nope, I'd be real leery of that one. Sure if it was legit wording would be different. This State is not quite that friendly yet.

So sorry, it's the other LC (LC180). Rec growers will be allowed to enter into agreements with patients and increase their plant count (in addition to licensed canopy size) based on the number of patients they grow for (6 mature plants / patient). There will be limits on the number of patients each rec producer can grow for, but that hasn't been settled on yet.

Yup, that was me--thanks for reading the footnotes of that report :). We'll see how far off / on target the estimates are from reality pretty soon!

R

Robrites

Cliff Robinson plans to open marijuana grow operation in Oregon

Cliff Robinson plans to open marijuana grow operation in Oregon

Great.

Former Portland Trail Blazers forward and NBA All-Star Clifford Robinson, known during his playing days as Uncle Cliffy, is getting into a new game and going by a new name.

Uncle Spliffy.

Robinson, who played eight seasons with the Blazers, is joining Oregon's recreational marijuana business with plans to open a Portland-based grow operation, according to the Portland Business Journal. He hopes to have product, which would include topicals and rubs, ready by the end of the year.

"Oregon has always been known for good cannabis, and it's an exciting time to be here," he told the Portland Business Journal. "I'm excited to be part of a team that's doing it the right way."

A passionate cannabis advocate, Robinson will be a featured speaker at the 2016 Cannabis Collaborative Conference, held next month (Feb. 3 and 4) at the Portland Expo Center. He hopes to spread the message about the healing benefits provided by marijuana as an alternative to more addictive prescription drugs.

"Cannabis is definitely a more positive alternative to pharmaceuticals at the end of the day," says Robinson. "Those are synthetics. I'm talking about something that's natural that can bring the outcomes you're looking for, be it for muscle tension or relaxation or preparedness. There are a whole lot of different things that are beneficial."

On a personal note, I met this guy back in his playing days - He was in a limo with a bunch of guys in downtown portland - picking up some weed. Seemed pretty cool.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I just want to thank everyone for sharing all this information and keeping the conversation going. I've been back and forth a few times over the last few months, and I'm still not sure what to do.

Some people I know bought a commercial space in Lincoln County with plans of opening a rec shop. I've been considering lots of things from acreage near the california border to small houses in Portland with basements. At this point I just want to get my foot in the door.

Just to be clear my understanding is that you can grow 4 plants rec and 24 plants medical. Is the OMMP residency requirement for vending etc... or for growing for personal as well. Would I have to find someone who has been a resident for over 2 years to grow for them? Can you stack cards? I also have over 40 strains that I keep around at any one time. Are they differentiating between flowering plants and veg plants or is it all one and the same? One thing I've learned from being in CA is that one thing is what the law says and another is how they enforce it.

I did look at the Applegate area and there are lots of grows in those hills. The issue is that I can see them banning cultivation just like in the foothills of california that I'm getting out of.

I really want to buy a house in the Portland area, not strictly for growing, but more as a long term vision of having a place to live in the future. I've been in the hills for a few years and I'm way too young to be living out here. I like a bit of civilization, and I want to be near a major airport(within 1hr).

I'll be back up there next month and I'll keep posting to let people know what I'm seeing out there. This trip will be a strictly Portland trip to look at houses in the area. If anyone has any suggestions about which areas in or around Portland to look at, please post them.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Some areas to checkout in Portland metro: clackamas, milwaukie, troutdale, sellwood. Check out neighborhoods along these roads: sandy blvd, foster blvd, Alberta st.

The new laws in Oregon are claiming that if you grow more than 12 flowering plants you have to track and report the entire grow. The medical law now allows for 6 flowering and 18 vegging. Things are changing now so its kinda hard to say exactly what they will be. Things should be more clear in a few months.

Sluicebox

Portland is a great place to visit, but no way would I want to live there. Besides keep in mind everyone and their dog gets to grow 4 per household. I'd imagine there will be quite a bit of pollen in the wind. I'd much rather be out in the sticks with Southern Exposure and fresh air.

Now if Douglass County goes legal, even better. Drier climate great sunshine and low humidity. That's where the break or divide is at between Willamette Valley and Southern Oregon. Property is cheap too. Once it's bagged and tagged you can still market in Portland, two hours to the North. Sorry if this is a duplicate post.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Does anyone know how the weather is in the foothill areas East of Eugene? Where we're currently located it pretty much doesn't rain, and is hot/sunny from April until the end of October. So there's never any issue of it being too cold or any rain throughout those months.

In looking at the weather it seems like it is best between April and October. How many people run light deps without supplemental lighting? Is supplemental lighting a necessity for light deps planted in march and flipped in April? What about heaters at night? I know that it's going to be a much colder and wetter environment than where we're currently located, but I'm trying to get an idea of how much more so.

When are people in that area planting their full seasons and starting their seeds?

Sluicebox

That part of the State starts to rain in Sept and doesn't really stop till June in a typical year. South of there is better. Or in rare instances you can find a property towards the Coast where a High hill to your West will give you a rain shadow. The Cascade Foothills are by far wetter than the Valley. The clouds have to dump moisture to climb over the Cascades. Look at the pictures of moss in that area. There are professional mushroom pickers in that part of the State if that tells you anything.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I THINK this is what they changed it to...

Section 7 deals with new grow site limits. The section states that if a grow site is located within city limits, there is a cap of 12 mature plants maximum, regardless of how many patients have registered there. If the grow site was registered prior to January 1, 2015, it can be grandfathered in, but not to “exceed 24 mature marijuana plants.” The cap on new gardens that are located outside of city limits would be at 48 mature plants, regardless of the amount of patients registered at the address. If the grow site was registered prior to January 1, 2015, it can be grandfathered in, but not to “exceed 96 mature plants.”

48 outside is that still in affect..Oregon is coming up on my radar screen big and I think southern eastern is a area I want to watch political winds carefully. I think with a very well concealed greenhouse you could possibly kill it their....I'm researching like mad. I really need to do "ground work" for 2 weeks their.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just want to thank everyone for sharing all this information and keeping the conversation going.

Just want to say the same....I have to move...loosing my friends and community of 32+ years because I got sick and trusted a woman...no I'm not bitter...lol

Latest posts

Latest posts