What's new

Where is CBD produced?

KiefSweat

Veteran
and can i ask what effect do you get from cbd?

I get a lack of a body high and slightly agitated feeling.

KiefSweat

Veteran
what is that lol.. Strain name ???? im sure a lab can seperate THC from CBD.. That tells me they could not test down to a .01 level...

that test is actually part of an extract form mixed sativas. Thats just the decarboxilated thc part. And on an hplc machine. And yes it was tested for all 3.

Most of the gc testes have an non detectable mt listed at less then .01%

KiefSweat

Veteran
and these are the results from one line 2 females 2 males
Strain CBD THC CBN Cannabinoids
female1 <0.010 1.55% <0.010 1.55%
female2 <0.010 1.959 <0.010 1.959
male1 0.25% 2.14% <0.010 2.39%
male2 0.276 4.502 <0.010 4.778

even still those numbers in the males would only mean that 100grams extracted would give you 250mg of cbd. I don't know how much that woudl actually modify the effects of something that has 10-20x of thc.

AlexTrebek

Contestant: Hmmm, I'll take Cannabis for 1200!
Trebekster: Alright, [BEEPBEEPBEEP]daily double![BEEPBEEPBEEP]
Contestant: Oh my, I'll wager 4200 Alex.
Trebekster: [CLUE] Where is CBD produced?
Contestant: I have no idea...
Trebekster: Sorry, the correct answer was "what is under my HPS"

E

elmanito

Analysis from 2009

picture.php

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol @ AT

Do we know at what concentration someone would have any sensation of the effects of CBD??? I believe much more scientific test need to be done to determine that.. Does any of the other cannabinoids OR Terpenes enhance the effect of CBD??

KiefSweat

Veteran
dug up another extract test this time with a bit of the other 2

it says my tincture was 2.6% cbd, 52.6% thc and 2.1% cbn.

If anything i would say the little bits of the other cannabinoids make the thc more available as people where responding well to 1-3mg of cannabinoids in that tincture.

I made some oil from a 1/1 male plant i have the other day. It was not much more then enough to smoke. But it gave me the same slightly anxious feeling that high cbd buds i've smoked have given.

I've seen charts with various ratios for various treatments. I'll see if i can dig it up.

E

elmanito

CBD has a sedative effect as what is called in the vid Cannabis: The evil weed, antipsychotic.Safer to use than Seroquel.:blowbubbles:

KiefSweat

Veteran
lol @ AT

Do we know at what concentration someone would have any sensation of the effects of CBD??? I believe much more scientific test need to be done to determine that.. Does any of the other cannabinoids OR Terpenes enhance the effect of CBD??

Attachments

• terpenoid.jpg
    terpenoid.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 14

KiefSweat

Veteran
some strain data i've collected. No proof is this is correct or not just numbers ive collected.

Attachments

• strain1.jpg
    strain1.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 12
  • strain2.jpg
    strain2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 14

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No the first chart. When I enlarge it get all blurry cant read it very well.

This one

attachment.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Treatment of Addiction= CBD thats interesting.. I would like to se more strains available with higher concentrations of CBD...Is there any data of strains from the 1970 or 80 ???

KiefSweat

Veteran
Mel Frank's book has some info which was taken I think from Carlton Turners work at Ole Miss in the 70s.

There was also a Lab in California in the mid 70s that tested samples from smokers.

cbd seems to be good for a lot of "mental" issues

shmalphy

Veteran
Thanks everyone for contributing, this thread had a lot of great info, and I am glad to have broached the subject.

I would assume, based on my limited knowledge of chemistry, that since each cannabinoid has it's own properties, there would be a way to separate them and get pure THC, CBD, etc, even if perhaps we don't know how just yet.

I find it interesting that while many people attribute effects based on mg dosages, it would be less effective than using specific strains because of the entourage effect of cannabinoids and terpenes. It seems to me that there is no better medicine than whole plant cannabis in this respect.

E

elmanito

just the spreadsheet i made

i pulled the data off one of the cali review sites.

er the terpenoid chart is in Russo's papers about terpenoids that was published earlier this year.

Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects
http://www.medicinalgenomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Taming-THC-Russo.pdf

Thanks for the paper bro :yes:

About your spreadsheet, with what sort of analyse method is used for analyzing the cannabinoid profile of the different strains.