What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where do you get your seeds sent?

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
I'm not in a med state and I get they delivered to my house.

Gm421

Pay a friend to open a po box in his/her name.

only if you don't want them sent to your own address.

when I ordered seeds from amsterdam I had the seeds sent to my mates unit block where he still recieves mail from previous tennants even though hes been living there for 6 years or more...so it was sent in a womens name.

arrived no problem 3 weeks later... just make sure you find a seed bank that has the Stelath shipping option as this ensures there be no problem ... cost me extra $15 extra.

just make sure you tell them by email that you don't want to sign for the package and for it to be put directly into letterbox.

CaptainTrips

With all due respect, I think sending them to your own residence is stupid...unless you grow elsewhere. Find a trusted friend who has no intentions to grow or other questionable activity, offer him or her some free herbs once you've grown em out...everybody wins.

Didn't the Shmoe bust start from a kid who did not use a safe address? Then he ratted on JS...

Maybe its "stupid", but some have no other decent option. PO box is not better like said, unless maybe you pay a bum to open one for you. lol I even had customs find seeds, destroy them, send them on their way. Didn't even get a customs notice , lol. I guess the destroyed seeds was my notice.

S

sparkjumper

Can someone tell me why it less safe to have them sent to your own house as opposed to someone elses?The more people involved the better chance of something fucking up.

CaptainTrips

It's not really, receiving seeds is not particularly dangerous, and even if it had more risk than it does, telling someone you are going to be receiving weed seeds is hardly better, lol.

S

sparkjumper

Thank you man that makes perfect sense to me.Unfortunately having anyone else involved can just be a bummer,hardly worth it.I'm going through problems with my own brother over this shit,people can really become greedy sometimes.I'm just never going to involve anyone in any way unless there is just no other way around it.There is an easy safe way around this question,just have them sent to you and dont be a drama queen about it lol

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hahaha!! It appears that I'm not the only person who gets seeds sent to their mothers house. Gotta love Moms!

S

sparkjumper

Yea my moms cool,I gave her some "budder" that someone here was good enough to send me..man I think I gave her a tad too much as she got sick as hell.Talking about feeling like a real asshole..

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I did read a news story a while back about a doctor in Illinois, I think, whose seeds got caught by customs 2 times within a short period of time and they went and searched his house and found a grow.

So I'd recommend if your seeds ever get stopped by customs, wait a while before ordering again from the same vendor or an even safer way would be to order from a vender in a different country.

So if you guys that send to where you grow, a package gets confiscated you get a notice...you'd have no problems sleeping at night? Just carry on as normal?

the Rock

straight to my house/no one knows i grow but me and wife =i grow here a nd 3 other locations and never had problems getting seeds delivered here. Now i go clone only if I need fresh stock there is such an influx of people selling clones($4-5) in the bay area within an hour I can have access to some of the best genetics in the world 24/7 365.

T

theratings

i get my seeds sent to my cousin jacques in quebec he comes to visit me about once a month and he brings them to me.

CaptainTrips

I did read a news story a while back about a doctor in Illinois, I think, whose seeds got caught by customs 2 times within a short period of time and they went and searched his house and found a grow.

So I'd recommend if your seeds ever get stopped by customs, wait a while before ordering again from the same vendor or an even safer way would be to order from a vender in a different country.

Yeah, I remember this, but it is the only valid story i've ever heard about getting popped from seeds, and this guy from what I remember, was ordering huge quantities. If customs finds your 10 seeds, they probably won't even bother sending you a notice lol I know I didn't get one... I don't even remember reading anyone having destroyed seeds delivered, with no notice they even went though customs, nothing ever came of it though.