What's new

where are the laid back hippies living these days?

David762

I have heard that transplants and, errr, less-than-hippy people have overtaken Humboldt County. Heard it's all guns and trucks with guys going huge. No offense if you live there I don't speak authoritatively bout' any of this, just what I heard. Very few hippies left.

Some say Boulder but I spend a ton of time in Boulder, and that ain't so. Being born with 7-10 figures in your account and not working ain't hippy, hehe.

Shit man even Bisbee isn't hippy anymore. Went there a few weeks ago inspired by Doug Stanhope...meh.

Where the hippies at?

I can only guess ... Spain, Portugal, Argentina ???
:tiphat:

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Back in the Olden Days, the early to mid 70's I was a hippie in Idaho as were most of my friends now I'm an old guy with long hair and a beard hippie, there's a bunch of us as in many, many living where I live. And we have the Oregon Country Fair! :dance013:
:smoweed::bongsmi:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Funny thing, that's what I thought

Funny thing, that's what I thought

The backwoods with the rednecks. Turns out they both like weed and easy women, they should have gotten together decades ago.

My son and his girlfriend are going thru old picture albums and old videos of my wife and I from the 60's & 70's and said the funniest thing.

You guys are more like a bunch of rednecks, than hippies, long hair and all :joint:

How do you know there is a hippy in your house!? All the food is gone and their still there!!! Where do you hide anything from a hippy!? Under the soap!! DUH!!

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
All the Hippies are in Vermont eating Ice Cream..

ben--jerrys-half-baked-26672.jpg

L

LadyCropSitter

Theres a reason you dont see em in this area.. we chase em out.

we dont need more stinky panhandlers and their dogs funking up the front of the grocery store.
New hippies are just a different take on old bums.

"Real" Old-school hippies are low key and in the woods doing their thing being successful productive members of society. I know many old school hippies, they dont like the new generation either.

For example: "Mr.T" just retired from a high position in his company, took a sliver of his savings bought a old motorhome, fixed it up and lives for Burning Man, he's got plenty of cash in the bank, and still sits around bangin the drums, smoking huge bomber joints and playing with the hackey sack..shit his nickname is the doobie fairy (he dresses up like a fairy and gives out doobs at the shows he goes to).even his underwear is tiedye.

Thats hippy to me.

I always wondered what happened to Mr. T :thinking:

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
You can find a good few ones spread all over Portugal, Spain and North Africa.
Usually cool people with great food, drink and weed to share but they keep a private and secluded life...i think i know why after reading the tone of certain posts ;)
I´d rather have a bunch of loony hippies then just one gun handler redneck thinking the world of himself just because they made a couple of Ks on some business.
I don´t mind hippies and to be honest had some good times following the caravan of Love on the occasionally weekend :)
Please don´t shoot hippies they are on the brink of extinction :)

designer

Hippie is a state of mind, not a certain physical characteristic.

Some hippies have long hair and beards, the girls have long hair.
Others have a Harley or even an airplane. May have a crew cut.
Still others may be in a suit, playing the game but really undercover.

A hippie is a free thinker. They don't think just because something is illegal that is is always wrong. The government is just one of the sources of information they process. A hippie looks at things in appreciation, like art or love, children or dogs, trees and the ocean. They care about people, even those that abuse them. If there was a Jesus he would be a Hippie.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hippie is a state of mind, not a certain physical characteristic.

Some hippies have long hair and beards, the girls have long hair.
Others have a Harley or even an airplane. May have a crew cut.
Still others may be in a suit, playing the game but really undercover.

A hippie is a free thinker. They don't think just because something is illegal that is is always wrong. The government is just one of the sources of information they process. A hippie looks at things in appreciation, like art or love, children or dogs, trees and the ocean. They care about people, even those that abuse them. If there was a Jesus he would be a Hippie.

well said. to add to that. A Hippy is where ever Eric Cartman is not. lol

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I'm reminded of a song by Jimi Hendrix "If 6 Was 9"
Now, if 6 turned up to be 9,
I don't mind, I don't mind.
If all the hippies cut off their hair,
I don't care, I don't care.
Did, 'cos I got my own world to live through
And I ain't gonna copy you.
Meh.........

CC