What's new

When to flower?

D

Danny-boy777

I would top a few times get a little bushy then bang.... BUds.

But like Justin said,depends on the strain. (genetics play a big role in how many times you top)

Namaste :joint:

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
I would top a few times get a little bushy then bang.... BUds.

But like Justin said,depends on the strain. (genetics play a big role in how many times you top)

:yeahthats
Thank you.:tiphat:

Topped twice. Do you top more than twice? I think i might just let her grow.
:wave:
Yeah, the ladies I have going now were topped three-four times? :thinking: Can't remember..
:laughing:
If feel up to it...
throw up a pic or two of her...then we could better serve u with ur questions man. :tiphat:

bluethumb

ahhhcopy.jpg

I would NOT top again. Let it finish as is and find out what she does. If all the colas on the topps are huge and hard as rocks then nex time maybe do more topps. I would let her veg for a week or two more then flower her out and see what she does. I would also tie the plant more open to let more light get to the core. This will help your overall yeild @ the end.

bluethumb

she is 1 ft tall now. I think im going to veg for one more week. Are you saying tie down all the side branches? I dont really have a good container to tie down with, its just a grow bag.

D

Danny-boy777

Dude, That baby will blow your face off, use a staple gun and tie little knots round the branches you want to tie down and staple the string to your box, or not,but I would suggest some LST as you could double your yield,maybe top twice more and bend them over so all the light can get to all those under nodes and make more over buds. :) dude.

Then flower,like a week and a half so that you see the nodes and inter nodes become flower spots then boom.

Looks Good and Yummy.

its a double edge sword when it comes to all those tops Danny! Yes you have more tops but there not nearly as big. I dont top as much and just grow fatter colas. Ive tried both ways and i feel like i get better yeild with fatter colas.

Blue if you take some tape and some string you could open up your little lady there just a bit,you will be very happy with the end result. The lowers that would be marbles will be golf balls. Just tie some of the branches more open than they are, will prob take 5 min. This will let light get to the lower areas of the plant. End result more yeild!

D

Danny-boy777

@InNvBoarder, Hey man I am very aware that this is the case my advice is based on the Pic I can see here that plant if put into flowering will waste yield space if not Lst'd and maybe topped twice more, IMHO.

I agree with you 100% when you say the plant should be opened up, but if you think it through the lower you pull the branches down the more surface area for light (yes) and more space to grow,so i would pull some branches down then top those veg till they have turned up this way increasing the size of the plant as well as in creasing the area the lights can reach, MORE YIELD

Here have a :joint:

bluethumb

Before Training
sideviewq.jpg

After Training

toptrained.jpg

sidetrained.jpg

Now she looks like a real bush. And she's over 1 foot. I'm going to set her up with some pre-flower nutes so shes ready for next week!

D

Danny-boy777

Good stuff dude, see looking like she'll be bigger already,

Looking tops Dude tops (no pun intended.)

Sweet she's looking great! Cant wait to see those buds filling in. Just that little bit of tying is gonna make a big diffrence for ya.

bluethumb

I think she's about 15 days into flower. Nice look hair and good looking tops.

We had some PH issues but i fixed them and she's looking nice and green. I lost a few leaves, but this is my FIRST plant so i expected some mistakes.

I've been training her this whole time. I re-adjust my strings as she grows about every 6 inches or so.

2012w.jpg

She has some nice hairs and nice growth. I can already see atleast 4 huge colas and then those little side colas hiding under them all.

She does have some nute/ph burns. But right now shes back to healthy, nice and green. Ph has been fixed, nutes aren't burning her.