What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When should I flower?

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I don't know there, Oot. To me the top one looks like it has maybe one ball, but the ball looks like it has a hair coming out of it. The second one looks more like it has balls to me. But I'm new at this too, guess we'll both have to wait and see!

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ooterz, DoT i dont even see any pre-flowers yet

you get a little of that close looking stuff all tiny around the nodes but you cant really go by that

females will have a little raceme {little hershey kiss shape} w/ the 2 'hairs' males will hang down on a stalk and have a 'pod' look w/ the way they will split open

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• ooterz girl.jpg
    ooterz girl.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 7
  • ooterz ladyboy.jpg
    ooterz ladyboy.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 5

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that does look like 'hairs' {pistils} and i can see where those 'grapes' could be male pre-flowers

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Sweet, man. Look how healthy and pretty too. I agree it's a girl (for whatever that's worth). What strain is it again? Looks very nice and sativa.

Two of my three Warheads are definitely female. One definitely has grapes. He's getting composted tomorrow.

Both of my Nepalis definitely female.

The two G13 Hazes, can't tell on either one of them yet. They were both fem seeds, so a better chance.

Tomorrow I'm off work, hopefully I'll get in there and do some more LST, get the scrog set up.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Hey Oot,

I was looking at some info on the web about hermies, and one thing they said (I think it was maybe Ed Rosenthal?) is that sometimes you'll get a predominantly male plant that throws a few female flowers. I wonder if that's what one of yours is/was, the one where I put lines to the grapes and a circle around the pistils. Anyway that article said those plants are few and far between but very excellent for breeding. Did you cull it yet?

Ooterz

Well I got the seed From a friend and this is along the lines if I remember right 'oaxacan haze' -looking mexican sativa bagseed X some northern light or OG kush type stufz from bagseed
Haze kush lol I haven't a clue. But now you guys know

Ooterz

No that one turned out straight female hence e last bundle of 3 pictures. My other was definitely a male no pistols at all. Killed him dead was kinda sad.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Don't underestimate the Mex, man. That's a good looking plant. You might come out with some amazing smoke.

I'm going to kill my boy tomorrow, chop up his body and throw him in the compost pile. I know what you mean, I'm going to be kind of sad to do it too. I need to do some more LST and pictures. My plants aren't very tall, but they're hella thick in the stems. The wimpiest looking ones are the G13 Haze. I'm a bit surprised by that. I thought those were going to be the best ones.