What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When should I flower?

I

im me

Go for it man!!! Theres only one way to learn how to grow.. By growing...you seem to be doing just fine so far. Keep up the good work.

macumba

oot, i'm loving your thread, i'm in a similar boat, keep asking questions, I promise you're helping more than just yourself

keep on truckin'

Ooterz

Thanks Mac just growing. Only so many questions you can google b4 you have to ask a veteran. I will post a pic later tonight of my girls before lights out,btw just top soiled with kelp mix and watered. Looking for results my ninjas.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Looking for results my ninjas.

May the force be with you :dance013:

I just went and checked on mine... lots of nice new growth since we've flipped. Internodes still very tight; I'm using the HPS for heat in the room, so it's only a few inches from the tops of the plants and the temp is only in the high 70s.

Can hardly wait to find out if they're girls, and see their buds. And of course smoke them

<3 Tesla

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Check out my journal, lots of pics.
https://www.icmag.com/modules/Journal/viewjournal.php?journaluserid=401819
:peacock:

The pics are not updated. I'll probably do some more pics tomorrow, maybe. All but two of my clones died. I probably need to get a heat pad for under the tank. I'm using a 10-gallon fish tank with an air bubbler. I got a little fishtank heater, thinking that would keep the water warm. Total POS, wish I would've saved the receipt.

I think next time I clone I'm going to use the "just put them in a glass of water" method laid out in the big link-o-rama cloning thread.

<3 Tesla

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
They're in coir in 3-gallon pots, using FF nutes. I vegged under a T5, then a 400 MH. I got a switchable MH/HPS 400 with the reflector, bulbs, and the T5 for $150 on Craig's list!

<3 Tesla

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Kinda sorta.

What I did was hang the light from the ceiling on these handy dandy little adjustable straps designed for that purpose. $15, I have to say totally worth the investment. Very simple to adjust.

Then I stapled panda plastic around the area. However, it's really not light proof, which I hear is a big no-no. There is a small amount of light coming in at different spots.

So today I cut a 2x4 to size, hopefully tomorrow I'll have a chance to take down the plastic, mount the 2x4s to the ceiling, re-attach the plastic to the 2x4s nicely so there's no gaps at all. This will also involve making a curtain out of panda plastic so I can get in and out.

This is made more difficult by the ceiling fan; however, it would be really nice to be able to run the fan when the lights are on in the summer.

What I did was cut boards for two sides, using the natural corner of the room. Then I put eye lags at the bottoms of the 2x4s to attach a small chain to. I'm taking a piece of PVC, slipping the chain through that, and attaching the chain to the eye lags, making a sort of curtain rod. Then I can take a sheet of plastic and tape it to itself around the PVC, so it can slide.

The plastic curtain extends further than the ends of the boards, hopefully this will provide enough overlap to be truly light-proof. I'll have to hang a short flap on the outside to cover the area where the curtain attaches, but that should be no big deal.

Talk about pain in the ass! This will be my third attempt. I got a bunch of PVC and spent days cutting and figuring out how to make a cage to attach the lights and plastic to. Got it into the room, and duh fucking hey, there's a ceiling fan smack in the middle.

At least I can use some of the PVC pieces to make a shorter frame to SCROG with, but I'm looking forward to having the whole thing set up nicely and not needing to keep messing with it.

<3 Tesla

I

im me

tesla the best way to make sure your light proof is to turn the lights off and close yourself in the room let your eyes adjust to the darkness and look for light coming in. and yes light leaks lead to hermies so... lightproof it son. anyplace you see light coming in plug up.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I have 7 right now:

2 Nepali sativa hybrids
2 G13 Haze
3 Warhead

:dance013:

I really can't wait to smoke them!

I don't know if you're into sativas, but someone whose opinion I respect told me you won't get the most out of a sativa until it's about 6 months old. The only two of my clones that survived seem to be doing great, both Nepali sativas. He said that by the third go-round of clones they'll be at their peak performance. I'm going to turn the two uber clones into bonsai mothers. Have you checked out that thread?

Oh, and I'm definitely going to smoke the originals, too LOL I spent all my bag money on getting the garden set up, how dry I am.

<3 Tesla

Ooterz

You guys think if I did a scrog I could all the tops get even light with out shading each other?
Also is it to keep the tops even?

dakine1

aptus is an additive/growth accelerator

it does make for some pretty generous buds and it does 'work' but as i mentioned it is not approved for food crops ~only ornamentals

so; pretty pictures of shitty tasting toxic buds

actually you couldn't be more wrong about aptus, its technologies were originally developed for organic food production and contains zero harmful pgr's etc...

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah idk and dont need to find out

i guess i m referencing 'facilitor' specifically when there is a line of aptus nuts and a buy line goes on about natural and all that but anyway

who cares