What's new

When a detective calls...

K

KnightRueben

Horrible advice.

Anyone saying you should stonewall a cop who's pulled you over for a simple speeding ticket is not thinking clearly, and for the poster who said his lawyer recommended it, make sure he knows that you're a pot grower and not a mafia don (in which case zero disclosure could be the best avenue when dealing with the cops).

Why anyone would bring unnecessary suspicion on themselves by acting like you're being interrogated for murder when a cop asks "so what's your rush" is not too smart, IMO.

Take your ticket, tell the cop you're coming from a friend's house (if he presses and says "who and where", then that's clearly a different story, and your right to cease answering questions could be invoked, if you so choose), and get the fuck outta there without raising suspicion.

You think the cop is just gonna forget that some dude was acting like a complete nut when he was asking him simple questions, or do you think maybe he'll drive by your house a little more often than not?

And if you think ignoring the phone call (assuming it's actually a cop) and BLOCKING THE NUMBER (holy shit probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard) is going to get rid of your problem, you need to put the bong down, chief.

He's gonna come knocking on your door with a quickness, and he'll amazingly smell some weed when you do open the door...........I'm really astounded at how piss poor that advice was.

seems like you didn't read what I wrote at all really

if you think invoking your right to silence is dumb and somehow self incriminating...I truly feel sorry for you...I feel even more sorry that you think being silent before any charges have been presented or even fucking mentioned is "stonewalling." It's not your duty as a citizen to assist the police with a preliminary investigation...about YOU...if you choose to do so then by all means be a lamb and assist with your slaughter.

The right to silence is sacrosanct in this country. Period. A cop IS NOT GOING TO COME TO YOUR DOOR BECAUSE YOU IGNORED HIS CALLS. HE will come to your door because he either has a warrant, is close to it, or wants to FISH AROUND to see if you'll incriminate yourself. Calling him to get him to GO AWAY? HAHAHA.

I'm really astounded at how piss poor YOUR advice is and how weak minded and cowardly it is. First of all, THIS IS NOTHING LIKE BEING PULLED OVER. OP has NOT COMMITTED AN OFFENSE NOR BEEN CAUGHT OR ANYTHING. HE is a normal citizen as far as johnny dick law is concerned at this time. The fuck? You think every normal citizen out there with nothing to hide rushes to the assistance of dick leo in a case like this? THEY DON'T. Neither should you, especially IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE. By encouraging the OP to talk to the police, especially considering he is probably a criminal by US law standards, is assuming that the OP has nerves of steel and skilled with speech. HE COULD SO EASILY PIQUE THE DETECTIVES INTEREST JUST BY THE TONE IN HIS VOICE when he has the option to remain silent at no charge [in a situation like this, NOT when you're already pulled over on the side of the road]

Only someone with something to hide would think that silence in a case of complete non participation with something that doesn't involve you (as said thus far) incriminates him. Please don't help continue to erode at the right to silence by parading this "cooperate with big brother and he will let you be" because frankly it makes me sick.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
attitude_check.bmp

OP that is! LOL

Last edited:

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Not for nothing but if you read these boards after a while you will get a thread like this every so often or another good one is - a dea helicopter flew over my apartment 11 times today thread. lol

If a dick called my casa I would first ask him if he had a hot wife I could bang :D

ddrew

Veteran
Was it a Nigerian detective representing a prince with millions of dollars he needs your help to transfer?

You better answer, you don't want to blow your chance at millions

Duckmang

I've been practicing my right to silence for years. Truly something I suggest.

If you invoke it properly, it's so empowering and the other party cannot imply that you're "hiding something." You get to imply that he's a witch hunting terrorist hellbent on invalidating constitutional rights, with an eager smile!

I disagree with this advice. They want you to remain silent. Under the UCC, silence is agreement. They don't want you to know that. Why do you think it's the first option they give you? If you are on trial for murdering Joe and they ask you "Did you kill Joe?" and you stand there silent, you will be presumed guilty.

I am not saying that there are no circumstances where silence is the best option. However if you are going to remain silent, you need to understand the trap that sets for you.

When you are told "you have the right to remain silent", that translates into "you have the right to be presumed guilty without any further interdiction on your part". "You have the right to an attorney" translates into "you have the right to admit your own incompetence to the court"

While I'm on Rant... YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. Since the late 1800s no "citizen" has had any constitutional rights. When the US incorporated, those "rights" became "privileges". Lincoln wasn't killed over slaves. Booth's words "Sic Semper Tyrannus" "Thus Unto Tyrants" were not the deranged words of a madman, but a patriot trying to protect the rights of his countrymen. History paints a much different picture though.

Rant off.

ddrew

Veteran
+1 on the UCC and silence. The cops will presume your guilt if you do not speak. It's a catch-22.
When you're feeling an un-resistible urge to speak to the cops, remember your Miranda rights, and what they say.

Anything you say, CAN, and WILL, be used against you.
They are telling you plain as day that if you talk, anything you say will be used AGAINST you.

So, with that in mind, why would you want to speak to them?

Presuming guilt is one thing, proving it is another, shut your mouth, and let them presume all they want.

Duckmang

How about flatly denying the charges against you and not elaborating? That would suffice. Thinking that they will have to prove your guilt in your silence is not a good strategy. Under the UCC, silence is agreement, no further proof needed.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tweexican sounds like Tweak I can .... so perhaps he just a tweaker tweakin hence the lack of follow up post :)

ddrew

Veteran
. Under the UCC, silence is agreement, no further proof needed.
What are you talking about? UCC?

Only the Miranda rights, where they tell you, anything you say, can, and will be used against you.

Look it up.

Innocent till proved guilty in a court of law.
Not I asked him a question and he didn't answer, so that makes him guilty, case closed, not.
Wanted to add that I'm talking about before you get to court in regards to not speaking to the police, once you're in court you can let your attorney advise you as to what to say, and when to say it.

Last edited:

Duckmang

The UCC, Universal Commercial Code, is the framework of law that they work under. Under which your silence can be used to prove your guilt.

Quit thinking you have rights.....

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He stopped posting here because he thinks the detectives are watching this thread.

LOL on that, like they got time to babysit a bunch of stoner's.

Besides that's my job :).

Have A Great Day
Mr.Wags

Latest posts

Latest posts