What's new

When a detective calls...

Tweexican

So I get a call from a detective saying my phone number is involved in an investigation they're doing...

its been 2 days and he's called twice. What do I do?

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we talking Barney Miller detective, or Jim Rockford detective?

if it's the cops, i've got to say....if you're up for a bust, them giving you a warning call was nice of them. which is why i don't think that's the case ;)

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
with pro mycologist in your name id think about quietly shutting down and cleaning up shit for a while

i know they say if they had a warrant they would be there already but fact is your on their radar

is it a scare tactic to elicit a response? idk thats why quietly is a operative term above

Curiosity would get the better of me...i wouldn't be able to sleep or anything untill I knew what was going on.....Go sit in a lawyers parking lot and call the dicks....Find out what the fuck he wants, if he starts asking questions, tell him to ask your lawyer, then go inside and get straight....

Doesn't sound like its something you have done.....Maybe someone stole a phone and used it to call you, and they want to know who it was...something like that.......Maybe they heard you have the best caps in town and want to trip nuts this weekend....i doubt that, but cops are pieces of shit....You never know with those animals.

Sounds fishy. But get caller ID and don't answere the phone.

Detectives don't usually call people. They will just go to your house and knock on your door to talk to ya(contact). Maybe one of your friends is pranking you?

terry the trich

Yeah sounds like someone trying to shit you up to me. Police wouldn't let you know that they are investigating you. Next time he phones tell him the jokes wearing a bit thin now.

Peace, Tel...:wave:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
idk if that many people know what you do that you cant recognize who's fucking with you

time to rethink how you do things

lose lips ....

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Call his ass up. You can't stick your head in the sand and hope the problem goes away. The cop is phishing, they have nothing, they are dangling a worm hoping for a bite.
So, put on your poker face and get to the bottom of this.

one last thought, it's a good idea to always have monies stashed away to retain an attorney in this hobby. You never know if and when you'll need one.

Panama Red

Doubtful it's a cop, they don't do things over the phone.

More than likely, you're being set up for a scam.

If so, he'll start asking for your help in the investigation in the next few calls.

Like Starwatcher said, get caller ID.

You'd be amazed what you can find out for free with just a phone number.

But be warned.

If the calls are originating from a Dunkin Donuts, you ARE in leo's crosshairs!!!

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
a detective wouldnt call you if they were on to you.... id say your safe but better safe then sorry... but i promise if they had anything on you you wouldnt be called... thats alittle too nice... your door would be kicked in place tore up wife raped dogs shot shit like that....

ddrew

Veteran
Answer your phone every time it rings, fuck dodging calls.
If it's the detective, tell him you're not comfortable answering any questions without your attorney present, and unless he has a warrant, do not contact you again.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
what if the cop was actually telling the truth?
they aren't on to the OP, and his phone DID come up in an investigation. that's a leak, someones mouth is running, still time to shut down.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
cancel..............
the phoneservice..............
get another............phone and number........hell A whole differnet account and or service...................prepaid

jd4083

Veteran
Sounds fishy. But get caller ID and don't answere the phone.

Detectives don't usually call people. They will just go to your house and knock on your door to talk to ya(contact). Maybe one of your friends is pranking you?

that's not true at all...maybe not in the city, but out here in the cut, small town DT's and even deputies will absolutely make a "friendly" phone call and ask you to come speak with them. Just ask my ex-girlfriend. :moon:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
sounds trippy...either a prank or a real detective. you should change your number, clean house, and sit tight for a hot one and let shit blow over...that would scare the shit out of me.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
invite him over for coffee and cinnamon rolls and see if the prankster shows up. If they don't come in at least an unmarked cop car, feel free to bash their brains in or whatever you feel comfy doing. My vote is it's a scammer trying to get you to give them something.

What kinds of questions did they ask on the phone?

supermanlives

Veteran
i have heard stories of people doing this . then they wait for you to clean up and comeout with your goodies. then they rob your ass

Latest posts

Latest posts