What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wheels of time

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Heya folks, besides growing flowers I enjoy playing with my collection of rides…I’ve been wrenching for most of my life and enjoy building rides…here’s a few of my toys, please feel free to post up what makes you smile…this is Elvis, a 1960 Impala with a big block, bench seats, and a 4 speed on the floor…
IMG_0556.jpeg

Dime

Heya folks, besides growing flowers I enjoy playing with my collection of rides…I’ve been wrenching for most of my life and enjoy building rides…here’s a few of my toys, please feel free to post up what makes you smile…this is Elvis, a 1960 Impala with a big block, bench seats, and a 4 speed on the floor… View attachment 18920644
That's a nice ride,is it a 348?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
That's a nice ride,is it a 348?
yessir, that's the only big block offered that year...numbers are all correct...
This is my 08 and my wifes 2011
your wife is a lucky woman...I had an offer to trade Goliath for a GT500 with 400 miles...she couldn't handle the power in the truck...900 hp on the street in a '55 chevy is a bit over the edge...
my gf sure likes her CTS-V caddy……that car loves to go fast

View attachment 18920735
those are such sweet rides...

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Yeah I think 61 impala offered the 409,my buddy has one in a a chev truck. Thise are awesome vehicles you have,good to see others on here into it. Thx for posting
It’s my pleasure to share some of my rides. I’ve been building them for decades and I was showing them in the early 1990s. I brought a lot of trophies home but I couldn’t keep my wife there. She threw me out of the house in 2000….

mike-or-ozzy

It was in its previous life. Now it’s sports a full tube chassis with a for link rear end and tubular front suspension. It’s far from a Chevrolet design but the body right… I welded over 200 holes in the body were the stainless trim molding attached in order to have shaved sides and a clean cab…

Awesome, nice rig, I bought a '65 Apache with a 428 with 4-11 3 speedtrans but the wiring harness was doinked from the hack job whoever built it, think I paid $100 in '78 for it. I used it as a staging/scaffolding truck.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Yeah I think 61 impala offered the 409,my buddy has one in a a chev truck. Thise are awesome vehicles you have,good to see others on here into it. Thx for posting
I think there might’ve been a few 409’s in the 61 impala’s, but they were available in trucks in that year as well. 62 was the break out here for that motor and they continued all the way through 65.

mike-or-ozzy

I bought a 69 gto in '75 for $1500 and it was setup for the track/quarter mile, was my daily driver, looked like it was going 100 mph sitting still. Pass anything but a cop or a gas station. Dumass me wrapped it around a 12 inch white pine tree driving on black ice.

The 428 has power, mine was out of a corvette.