What's new

What's your race/ethnicity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KMK0420

To avoid having like 20 poll options, i figured it'd be cool to see what everyone's backgrounds are..

I'm part European/White/common ancestry, Irish, Polish, Czech and German; born in USA.

How bout yall?

stc9357

I'm African American have no idea about my true origins since my ancestors were stolen from my homeland and enslaved but I assume West African.

K

KMK0420

I'm African American have no idea about my true origins since my ancestors were stolen from my homeland and enslaved but I assume West African.

Actually, history may serve you to show that your own people sold your ancestors to the Americans. Your ancestors were not stolen; they were sold by African Warlords.

That's a whole nother debate though.

But that's cool, my buddy was born in Africa. Don't know exact part though.

N

NOYB

I'm 50% Polack/25% Sicilian/25% Czech born in the US. American is not my ethnicity but technically I'm an American. My grandfather and grandmother on my father's side came to the US on a boat from Poland. My Sicilian grandfather and Czech grandmother on my mother's side also came over on a boat. I'm a hybrid and not a landrace...LOL.

stc9357

Actually, history may serve you to show that your own people sold your ancestors to the Americans. Your ancestors were not stolen; they were sold by African Warlords.

That's a whole nother debate though.

But that's cool, my buddy was born in Africa. Don't know exact part though.

Considering I know history pretty well I'm pretty sure when the first reported ship came in 1497 by a Dutch Trading Company it wasn't Africans who sold Africans but I'll leave that to another debate don't get me started.

NOKUY

Veteran
Considering I know history pretty well I'm pretty sure when the first reported ship came in 1497 by a Dutch Trading Company it wasn't Africans who sold Africans but I'll leave that to another debate don't get me started.

happy belated juneteenth

K

KMK0420

Oh i won't get you started, because simply copying/pasting from well-documented sources (Encyclopedias, Wikipedia, etc.) will prove you wrong which will spark a rampant argument which will probably get the thread binned.

I don't like my polish side though, i had a big nose. Until i was almost killed and had to have facial reconstructive surgery, now my nose is fine. Funny, but sad at the same time

stc9357

I wasn't going to retort anyway I know plenty of facts have taken 3 African American history courses in college and several other history classes enough to have a minor in it and its not even my major (biological engineering). I have always liked history excelled in it in highschool (probably why my history teacher wrote the recommendation that got me a full scholarship anyway I'm not going to argue with you).

Also I never said that didn't happen I'm talking about intial contacts with Europeans.

Last edited:

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Oh i won't get you started, because simply copying/pasting from well-documented sources (Encyclopedias, Wikipedia, etc.) will prove you wrong which will spark a rampant argument which will probably get the thread binned.

I don't like my polish side though, i had a big nose. Until i was almost killed and had to have facial reconstructive surgery, now my nose is fine. Funny, but sad at the same time
I'm sure your both right on that subject. Whites stole Africans the first few times and eventually the 'Lords" (politicians) figured out a way to make extra cash on the side by selling their subjects into slavery.

Sound familiar?? :fsu:

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
That's like you grow and/or smoke cannabis instead of Thai, Afghani, Skunk #1, White Widow ad infinitum...but guess some people are like bagseed or some un or mis labeled cut...LOL.

Actually, I prefer not to be profiled.

Answering that question on this website is about as stupid as answering, "How old are you?", "What kind of car do you drive?", "What are your children's names?", "Do you have any tatoos or any other distinguishable marks on your body? If so, show us!"

I don't know. I'm just paranoid I guess.

But the name of the thread is "What's your race/ethnicity?"

I'm of the human race. 'nuff said.

K

KMK0420

Actually, I prefer not to be profiled.

Answering that question on this website is about as stupid as answering, "How old are you?", "What kind of car do you drive?", "What are your children's names?", "Do you have any tatoos or any other distinguishable marks on your body? If so, show us!"

I don't know. I'm just paranoid I guess.

But the name of the thread is "What's your race/ethnicity?"

I'm of the human race. 'nuff said.

Buddy...relax. SERIOUSLY. this isn't the inquisition... it was a random question. thats what message boards are for. if you don't want to contribute to the thread, why are you posting in it SAYING you aren't going to contribute?

That's like going into a thread titled "Post a picture of your car!" and replying "I TAKE THE BUS"

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
I'm relaxed. Completely. Sorry, some of the folks here that don't know me can't hear the sarcasm in my post.

I thought it was obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.