What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's with these nuggz?

aqualungs

This is what Asian gangs are growing in massive quantities in Australia. Has no smell at all and basically no thc! It's also has no taste whatsoever. I'm not sure what PGR specifically but it makes the buds totally useless!!
They also barely grow any leaves. No smell easy to conceal large amounts and almost no leaf so barely any trimming.

View attachment 18965969
This looks exactly like M39 that was grown by asian gangs in Canada 15-20yrs ago. This type of bud is the reason I started growing. I needed meds and that is literally the worst strain I have ever smoked. Taken at 35-39 days with little flush or dry/cure.

As for the original post, machine trimmed and vacuum sealed for sure. Good chance it could have been tumbled too. As for PGR’s there is no way to tell by looking at a pic without testing for sure. Probably a 50/50 chance of it being PGR weed too. Again, that type of commercial is rampant around these parts as well and the price is as low as 40-50 an oz. Which really makes me question why these growers continue to pollute a diminishing black market with low quality herbs that only broke people are willing to smoke. In the end sometimes you are better not smoking a lot of the junk that is out there, legal and black market. Growing your own is always the best option, imo, if that is an option for you.

Reactions: Cvh

SlangZaddy

There are 25 year olds out there who started smoking at 12-13 years old, so around 2011-12.

The whole polystyrene-steroid-burns-like-a-credit-card-&-tastes-little-better "weed" started years before that, so it's literally all some fully grown adult people have ever known as "top shelf" or whatever tf they're calling it these days lol.

royson

A friend smokes this stuff, and I'm trying to tell him it's not natural. He thinks this is how professional nugs look and that homegrown is just amateur hour.
WTF is the producer doing? Are they rolling mids in THCa, or taking grade A nugs and rolling them in kief that they collect?
He won't even try a regular looking nug.
View attachment 18964482
Almost looks like pgr turned into moon rocks

royson

Ya mate is an idiot! 🤣
Nah most buds that look like that have been all machine trimed and spend a long time rolling around with other buds and getting squashed or compressed. Almost all buds would end up like that if they were treated so poorly! All Aussie medical weed looks like that!
Australia is looking for old school growers to grow weed for export,the "scientific community" couldn't grow decent weed to save their own families and I think the aus government have actually realised that,it's a real shame because they have beaten down all the decent growers they busted for personal use

Porky82

Australia is looking for old school growers to grow weed for export,the "scientific community" couldn't grow decent weed to save their own families and I think the aus government have actually realised that,it's a real shame because they have beaten down all the decent growers they busted for personal use
Plenty of very good Aussie growers left mate they just arnt stupid enough to be busted! The Australian legal cannabis market is filled with over priced rubbish most of the time. A lot of it is from Canada too!

royson

Plenty of very good Aussie growers left mate they just arnt stupid enough to be busted! The Australian legal cannabis market is filled with over priced rubbish most of the time. A lot of it is from Canada too!
In the legal market?,I was talking about the government grown rubbish not the old school growers that are needed,as I said the aus government is supposedly looking for people to grow it for them,they apparently are willing to supply lights fans pots etc,so I've been told by a person in a gov job anyways,how true that is I am still waiting to see with my own eyes,I've seen a bit of the legal stuff and it's always been over dry and turned to dust once touched

Last edited:

exoticrobotic

When i was in between grows i was buying lots of streetweed from 3 different dealers.

Only one dealer had a decent smoke but it was £50 an eighth and still lasted me less than 2 days.

Despite having a regularly changing menu with sativa 8.8/10, indica 8.5/10, hybrid 8.4/10 they all tasted the same and smelt the same and had that bloated dense look.

Dat is why i grow it...

yeah

:dance013::rasta::dance013:

Brother Nature

Are you guys till very early in the game there? We had much the same south of the pond from you, the Canadian produced stuff was good, much better than your local gang produced tinnies, but the packaging and time it took to get here degraded it to the point of not being better than locally produced high quality grows. We've now had a few properly locally licensed outfits producing and the quality is pretty good, it's just the pricing they still haven't got right. I still prefer to do my own thing, why buy a steak at a restaurant when you can make an as good or better one at home, but for those who don't have that oppertunity, I get it. Hopefully you guys will get there soon, some of the best bud i have ever smoked came out of Ozzie, you guys have a great climate for the more exotic varieties too.

exoticrobotic

We've now had a few properly locally licensed outfits producing and the quality is pretty good, it's just the pricing they still haven't got right.

Must be difficult in a legal arena as a boutique grower competing with the legal dont give a shits.

Best of luck to these smaller outfits.

royson

Plenty of very good Aussie growers left mate they just arnt stupid enough to be busted! The Australian legal cannabis market is filled with over priced rubbish most of the time. A lot of cannada too

Only time I've been visited was due to a housemate and i wasn't even on the warrant not knowing how stupid they were while i was on opposite shift and then twice again after the wifes friend had a fight with my wife,and I only had 15 odd plants for my personal use but they came back again for a second visit and found nothing thankfully it was only a $400 aud fine both times ,it's a shame there's bugger all loyalty nowadays