What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's with these nuggz?

Tomatoesonly

A friend smokes this stuff, and I'm trying to tell him it's not natural. He thinks this is how professional nugs look and that homegrown is just amateur hour.
WTF is the producer doing? Are they rolling mids in THCa, or taking grade A nugs and rolling them in kief that they collect?
He won't even try a regular looking nug.
IMG_20240224_105614954.jpg

phatkidgenetics

yeah some modern stuff does look like that but also looks pgr. but yeah could be vacuum packed but looks ugly to me. theres such a weird culture around modern commercial stuff and people think they know everything when they havent put in any work besides reading lab numbers and smoking commercial junk.

Cvh

Supermod
They definitely look vacuum pressed. This is what you get then, compacted nugs that are very hard and not loose fluffy like regular buds

I can't tell that they're grown using pgr's how they look now. Hard to say too that they got tumbled or not to steal some trichomes.

Can't say either that they got auto trimmed or hand trimmed because of the nugs compression. I do see leaf but that doesn't mean automatically that's it auto trimmed.

So, vacuum pressed yes definitely. All the rest I cannot say. But someone else might.

Last edited:

numberguy

Every time I have tried what I thought was PGR bud it has had unique floral note to the smoke. If you do not know what non PGR smoke smells tastes like you would not know it is different. And they were all different variety's.

acespicoli

A friend smokes this stuff, and I'm trying to tell him it's not natural. He thinks this is how professional nugs look and that homegrown is just amateur hour.
WTF is the producer doing? Are they rolling mids in THCa, or taking grade A nugs and rolling them in kief that they collect?
View attachment 18964482

Moon rocks ?

Porky82

View attachment 18964482
Ya mate is an idiot! 🤣
Nah most buds that look like that have been all machine trimed and spend a long time rolling around with other buds and getting squashed or compressed. Almost all buds would end up like that if they were treated so poorly! All Aussie medical weed looks like that!

Porky82

What pgr specifically?

Pgr is a term much like std it in itself means nothing.
Rooting hormones are pgr's.
This is what Asian gangs are growing in massive quantities in Australia. Has no smell at all and basically no thc! It's also has no taste whatsoever. I'm not sure what PGR specifically but it makes the buds totally useless!!
They also barely grow any leaves. No smell easy to conceal large amounts and almost no leaf so barely any trimming.

1709093617049.png

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
Plant growth regulators...and they arent evil, they are needed in plant micro-propigation when being a science guy.

Brother Nature

Some ar
Plant growth regulators...and they arent evil, they are needed in plant micro-propigation when being a science guy.
Some are yes, but some are not meant to be used in plants that are consumed as they can leave harmful residue in the plant tissue, which is then passed on to the end user. Tends to be much more common where cannabis is still illegal and commands a higher price per unit.

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
Using them in a manor as described is a cheap trick. In the lab plant growth regulators can be used in tissue culture. Or of course as stated before for "rooting" clones. A lot are very dangerous and should be used properly and sparingly.

numberguy

What pgr specifically?

Pgr is a term much like std it in itself means nothing.
Rooting hormones are pgr's.
Sorry I assumed bud that looks like that and taste that way, is from PGR's. So if I take my regular grown bud and mechanically trim it and vacum seal it, it will some how magically get more resin and become solid and change the flavor of the smoke? I have never had rooting hormone make buds that look like that, what do I do with it? The rooting hormone that is. It may just be LED grown bud that I have tried, do LED's change the texture and taste of the buds? What about cal-mag? I see everyone is feeding it too. I am mostly jesting, I have no inclination in changing my methods.