What's new

What's something you know but most other people dont

It seems that the phrase "dire straits" makes no sense. What are "dire straits"? There is even a band named "Dire Straits".
If you think about it "dires traits" makes more sense since the phrase "dire straits" meant "a state of extreme distress" in other words if someone is in a bad position they would show "dires traits" / "dires traits" meaning traits of a person in extreme distress or traits of a dying person, mo. It seems like the "s" got misplaced.

duuude what are you smoking? Seriously, share! :)

Iraganji

It isn't so much what I know that others don't, but rather what I know that they don't want to know, out of fear of becoming less "normal".

I call the subject matter "ego damage" material. Most don't want to hear it and will argue with someone vastly more knowledgeable on the subject, get very upset and "cast stones" in an attempt to hurt your ego as theirs was hurt. It isn't about acquiring more or new knowledge to them at that point, it's about hurting the guy who suggested they don't know something.

So, for the most part anymore, I let them have their bliss. ;)

H

harryleggs

I don,t know but I've been told... Eskimo pussy is mighty COLD!

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
How to grow MJ
instead of beleiveing how great I am with shitty results. Oh or very little experience especially zero formal Horticulture Education like a Diploma or a single fu%^'n Class or not even an experienced mentor.
Basically I am using this thread to smash some egos that need it.
If you can't even get a measily 1.5 pounds per 1000watts with a 4 week veg then you should listen and not be heard, cuz 2 pounds per 1000watts is normal to a quality grower.
What I said it what, to many
geeks here on IC MAG more than before, as the last 10 year High School Grads get on the forum they provide less and less info and more and more insults that honestly make zero sense outside of childish minds

cannadelic

What's something you know but most other people don't?

What's something you know but most other people don't?

there are 15.43 grains to a gram, gunpowder scales (cheap online) have to be accurate to this degree for obvious reasons.

if you dabble in herbal remedies/medicines and desire to do very accurate small dosing a scale from RCBS or Hornady would allow very exacting measurements.

I own an older but same version of the 10-10 pictured below, capacity of 1010 grains (2+ oz.) its accuracy with the micrometer dial is down to 1/10th of a grain which converts to 1/154th of a gram, making this close to the accuracy of scales used in hi-tech labs for a fraction of the price. I know it shows 500 grain capacity on the beam but you can increase that (losing no accuracy) to 1010 grains by adding the included weight. it also breaks down to fit onto its base & that cover snaps tightly into place keeping it dust free.

rcbs1010-1.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif]RCBS 10-10 Balance Beam Powder Scale. Need up to 1010-grain capacity with 0.1-grain sensitivity? You get it with the RCBS 10-10. Its approach-to-weight system speeds reloading and helps you avoid overloads. Micrometer poise allows easy adjustment at any setting from 0.1 to 10 grains. Other features: magnetic dampening, non-stick/non-spill aluminum pan, self-aligning agate bearings, hardened steel pivot knives and a tough plastic cover.[/FONT]

you can find these rather cheaply on eBay, never buy for full retail, always check eBay or CraigsList first.

the love of a good woman

and

my father's beef stew recipe. he never wrote it down, i just had to figure it out. i knew i had it right when i tasted it and felt 9 years old again.

MamaBudz

It is can be quite chilly at the equator on the Pacific coast ibetween July and December ~ like autumn in Cape Cod ~ pack accordingly!

:tiphat:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Don't you push me baby, cause I'm holdin' low
And I know a little something you won't ever know
Don't you touch hard liquor, just a cup of cold coffee
Gotta get up in the morning and go

"Rained 40 days and 40 nights" might have been misinterpreted for "The earth reigned for the days and for the nights". "For'the" can be mistaken for "forty". The earth is still reigning for the days and for the nights;) jmo
that story was originally written in ancient hebrew, and that forty is translated from that hebrew, and couldn't possibly really be "for the"

"'arba`iym {ar-baw-eem'} multiple of 0702; TWOT - 2106b; n,adj pl AV - forty 132, fortieth 4; 136 1) forty"

It seems that the phrase "dire straits" makes no sense. What are "dire straits"? There is even a band named "Dire Straits".
If you think about it "dires traits" makes more sense since the phrase "dire straits" meant "a state of extreme distress" in other words if someone is in a bad position they would show "dires traits" / "dires traits" meaning traits of a person in extreme distress or traits of a dying person, mo. It seems like the "s" got misplaced.

strait |strāt|
noun
1 (also straits) a narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water : [in place names ] the Strait of Gibraltar.
2 ( straits) used in reference to a situation characterized by a specified degree of trouble or difficulty : the economy is in dire straits | a crippling disease could leave anyone in serious financial straits.
adjective archaic
(of a place) of limited spatial capacity; narrow or cramped : the road was so strait that a handful of men might have defended it.
• close, strict, or rigorous : my captivity was strait as ever.
DERIVATIVES
straitly adverb
straitness noun
ORIGIN Middle English : shortening of Old French estreit ‘tight, narrow,’ from Latin strictus ‘drawn tight’ (see strict ).

"Dire Straits" was probably originally a sailor's term.

I do think your proclivity for 'word sound' play would be an excellent basis for poetry or even a stand-up routine. When you post it, it always comes across well, regardless of the potential accuracy.

O

OrganicOzarks

My dick is so long that I can bruise a womens uterus. For real though I have done it quite a few times. :)

litebuzz

hey organicozarks...can ya post a picture for us...of your dick not a womans uterus.

and for me....common sense rules.

MJBadger

Veteran
What's something you know but most other people dont

I had a very beautifull sexual affair with a married woman some years ago & nobody knows about it . & if she`s reading this THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE EXPERIENCE .

Latest posts

Latest posts