What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's poppin'?!

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Que estan pasando amigos?

Que estan pasando amigos?

happy yamaka and shit! Tis the seasoned nuts :friends:

after the lull in the action caused by those fuckin mites!

It is my greatest pleasure to tell you all that we are loaded for buds.
Big sticky stinky ones!

again, 3 Anesia durban poison fems (topped), 3 Skunkman"s haze/skunk x hawaiian indica (all but one topped)
3 BOG sour grape, 2 sour blu tooth (one topped), 1 sour bubble (topped), 3 Big Head Seeds freeze berry auto, 3 Fast Buds LSD 25.
As soon as some hopeful males are cleared I will up pot the autos.
The rest are in 3 gal bags ready to go!
One auto so far is well...

a lot bigger in girth. freeze berry 1 & 2. 1 is already in a 3gal bag! Up potted right after this pic.

they are under 4 100w u max, 1 viparspectra 100w daylight leds and 1 150w all red Carambola above.

they are all in biologic gold blend soil w/ 30% coco
fed only TPS silca gold and orca
1 Michigan mushroom co. hanging CO2 bag

Day 1 tomorrow :watchplant: flowering times: 55 to ?? days
it will go by like that! :Bolt:

If this tent's a rockin. Don't bother knockin... come on in!

G

...It is my greatest pleasure to tell you all that we are loaded for buds.
Big sticky stinky ones!...

Ooooooh!! My favorite kind! :tree:

BTW, one of the freebies I received recently is Auto Dosi, thinking of running it in a few months here...inspired by your autos!

Peace
DM

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
It's a love hate relationship I am having with the autos dopey dude
Some are cool. Some are not. This round maybe not.

3 freeze berry autos and 3 lsd 25 autos up front. I have been so busy working that I can't remember how many daze they are but they are flowering and very small.
The rest, 3 Durban poison fems, 2 sour grape, 1 haze/skunk#1 x Hawaiian Indica, 1 sour blu tooth are 3 days since showing sex.

Durban Poison

sour blu tooth

haze/skunk#1 x Hawaiian Indica
Sam is saying he does not know these seeds. Who knows?

I got 5 males including the sour bubble male that I wished for.

If I may ask, what should I do with the pollen when I collect it until I am ready to pollinate the female? Any help would be cool, I'm a virgin chucker.

I hope you were all naughty this year,

one love...

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a love hate relationship I am having with the autos dopey dude
Some are cool. Some are not. This round maybe not.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84208&pictureid=2103512]View Image[/url]
3 freeze berry autos and 3 lsd 25 autos up front. I have been so busy working that I can't remember how many daze they are but they are flowering and very small.
The rest, 3 Durban poison fems, 2 sour grape, 1 haze/skunk#1 x Hawaiian Indica, 1 sour blu tooth are 3 days since showing sex.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84208&pictureid=2103515]View Image[/url]
Durban Poison
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84208&pictureid=2103516]View Image[/url]
sour blu tooth
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84208&pictureid=2103514]View Image[/url]
haze/skunk#1 x Hawaiian Indica
Sam is saying he does not know these seeds. Who knows?

I got 5 males including the sour bubble male that I wished for.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84208&pictureid=2103517]View Image[/url]

If I may ask, what should I do with the pollen when I collect it until I am ready to pollinate the female? Any help would be cool, I'm a virgin chucker.

I hope you were all naughty this year,

one love...

I take the males and toward their full ripening stage ill take tin foil and make a slit to the middle. Take that foil and slide it onto the base of the plant. As the plant ripens and drops pollen the foil collects it. Once you have a bunch, carefully remove the tin foil. If you tighten the correct spots you can essentially make a funnel out of the foil. Just agitate it gently into a paper envelope. Store in the fridge, not the freezer. Use within 6 months for best results although ive heard of people saving it way longer.

Pollination, i like to pollinate around the third week of flower. Take a paper bag and cut it into a large rectangle, fold it into a pocket that you could stick a branch into and staple in a way that it leaves one end open(for the branch to enter). Once youve made this envelope like receptacle for the branch terminal, choose a lower branch and take the pollen and fill it with pollen. Gently bend the branch downward so you can insert the terminal into the pollen loaded paper envelope thing. Afterward i use scotch tape to delicately seal off the rest of the envelope. After that, take a light plastic bag and tie it around the branch over the envelope, this is to protect it from water you will spray next. Take the branch and shake it around so it coats everything inside with pollen well. Soak your entire room with water so any unintended pollinations are avoided. Wait a few days with the bag on. Take the bag off, soak the room down again after you remove it. You should have one solid pollinated branch that can yield a ton of beans. Enjoy your first chuck, it wont be your last!
:tiphat:

Last edited:

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
I take the males and toward their full ripening stage ill take tin foil and make a slit to the middle. Take that foil and slide it onto the base of the plant. As the plant ripens and drops pollen the foil collects it. Once you have a bunch, carefully remove the tin foil. If you tighten the correct spots you can essentially make a funnel out of the foil. Just agitate it gently into a paper envelope. Store in the fridge, not the freezer. Use within 6 months for best results although ive heard of people saving it way longer.

Pollination, i like to pollinate around the third week of flower. Take a paper bag and cut it into a large rectangle, fold it into a pocket that you could stick a branch into and staple in a way that it leaves one end open(for the branch to enter). Once youve made this envelope like receptacle for the branch terminal, choose a lower branch and take the pollen and fill it with pollen. Gently bend the branch downward so you can insert the terminal into the pollen loaded paper envelope thing. Afterward i use scotch tape to delicately seal off the rest of the envelope. After that, take a light plastic bag and tie it around the branch over the envelope, this is to protect it from water you will spray next. Take the branch and shake it around so it coats everything inside with pollen well. Soak your entire room with water so any unintended pollinations are avoided. Wait a few days with the bag on. Take the bag off, soak the room down again after you remove it. You should have one solid pollinated branch that can yield a ton of beans. Enjoy your first chuck, it wont be your last!

Hey thanks a lot man! That's good stuff! The fridge it is.

If the female takes 10 weeks, should I still pollenate at week 3?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey thanks a lot man! That's good stuff! The fridge it is.

If the female takes 10 weeks, should I still pollenate at week 3?

I think thats a good time. Look for the pistils to change color, that typically means the pollen worked! You could pollinate at week 4 if you go the full 10 weeks.

Fitzera

I think thats a good time. Look for the pistils to change color, that typically means the pollen worked! You could pollinate at week 4 if you go the full 10 weeks.

Some plants take longer to create mature seeds, some quicker. I pollinate the same branches a couple times to ensure its successful. First time is when the flowers are small but lots of pistils, then again a week later and a week after that. But I dont do the bag method which I would think is successful just once.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
live and kickin!

live and kickin!

greetings friends and lovely ones!

I bring you hope for a happy life... grown your own!

12 days flowering for the photos.
I forget how old the autos are but its like de ja vu all over again.

lsd 25 1 and 2

everything is growing well. I am still waiting for the sour bubble male to release the goods. any day I hope.

until next time. Happy New Year!
dont jinx your 2021 by saying it cant get any worse... unfortunately, yes it can.

one love...

bibi40

Nice one Big !!!

so you grow the auto's like the photos this time ? ( 12/12 ? )

really interresting about your results .

Cheers mate ;)

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Love that you're rocking sour bubble male. Interested in seeing more of the sour Bluetooth in flower. RIP BOG <3.
I don't think BOG has passed, has he? in the last couple months?
He emailed me a couple months ago. I hope not.

NEway yes the sour blu tooth is promising and it is one of only two cuts that rooted for me so :D thanks for your post!

Nice one Big !!!

so you grow the auto's like the photos this time ? ( 12/12 ? )

really interresting about your results .

Cheers mate ;)

Thanks bibi! Yes the autos are on 12/12. cohabitation!
I think they are doing fine. This time I have the autos in 3 gal bags instead of 5 gal so there will be that difference.

it's going to get really crowded... I have it maxed!
As a correction the photos are 16 days since showing sex.

one love...

Green Thumb

I don't think BOG has passed, has he? in the last couple months?
He emailed me a couple months ago. I hope not.

NEway yes the sour blu tooth is promising and it is one of only two cuts that rooted for me so :D thanks for your post.

one love...

Unfortunately, yes BOG passed away recently. Another notch in 2020's belt.

Anyway, nice grow and glad to see you rocking BOGs work.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
with a heavy heart I post...

with a heavy heart I post...

Thank you GT. we are all headed that way.

I will do my part in keeping his name alive. I have success in pollenating 3 plants with sour bubble pollen...

week 3. I went ahead and put the male in with these 3.
They are by far the frostiest of the 13 that I have flowering.

Durban Poison. Looks like this may finish before 10 weeks
so I let her have it.

DP right before pollination.

LSD 25 auto

Freeze berry auto

I am excited to see what comes from this and I have one more cross that I want to make with sour bubble so I saved some pollen for later. Keeping it in the fridge!

Ill do another update on the flower tent tomorrow.

one love...

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Thank you guys!!!! I'm pleased.

I think a little pollen got into the the big tent. It's all good when I know the daddy.
This is day 27 of flower

All of the plants are doing ok but some are having issues like:

freeze berry auto

hz/sk1 X hawaiian indica
I don't know what this is. I am feeding all the plants the same.
Any help would be great.

sour grape 1 doing good.

sour grape 2 doing fine. Got a little pollen on it.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
cont...

cont...

sour blu tooth is nice. It's really short.

durban poison 1 and 3 doing ok. 2 got pollenated
I shouldn't have topped 2 and 3. They are short as is that hz/sk1 X hawaiian indica

lsd 25 auto 1. I think 6 weeks

lsd 25 auto 2