What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whatever happened to Skunk #2 & Skunk#3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skunk 2 in that old 1981 is the roadkill...never heard of #3 personally.

Most roadkill was bred out of skunk, apparently either for security purposes or because the breeder liked the sweet skunk better....

Interesting list of possibilities, and I've heard the rumors of Gonzo having some RKS in it. Also add Gage Greens pepe le pew crosses to the possibilities. I think pepe is an old Res seeds G13 x skunk.

Apparently Res was close, but I haven't heard of any of the beta's going out, so I think that line of rks is gone. Also IIRC Billygoat had a line on old seeds that had RKS in it, but then grew sick and unable to work with it. Sam Skunkman supposedly has some old roadkill seeds stashed away but has no interest in working with it or passing on the genetics.

The update I just got after bugging Cannaventure sounds real exciting....Old school seeds

Hey simple green, CVS will be offering a RKS but it will not be based off the Trinity clone. Its from some old Skunk #1 (like '78 or '79) x (insert strain name, can't remember right off but think it may be Killer Queen). RENR is working the RKS line currently but says the RKS project will take some time but looks promising. The Trinity clone will be used in future hybrids and S1 projects. Hope that helps. Take care 1

Like KCS said we are not using the Trinity cut for the RKS. CV acquired some '70s Skunk seeds from Titan, Subcool's brother. They were pulled because too many people were finding the RKS pheno, and that seems to hold true since Red has reported finding many RKS female and male phenos. He is working on the project and it will need to be stabilized a bit before being released to the public.

Enlighten

7 of 9 was HOT!!!! Loved that tight outfit!

View Image

excellent taste

Getting+a+taste+for+this+new+channel.+LOOK+HOW+LOUD_0a8f9c_3746341.gif

Ivna

Hello all! I purchased a few months ago some Sensi's seeds of Skunk #2. Germinated 120 days ago and now measures 52cm. It's highly branched and has a very strong smell especially when CO2 is synthesizing .. and it's all I know! Would like to know the time needed to flourish, since all knew the lineage Skunk flourish more than other pre maturely. I also have a npk 10-10-10, it would be appropriate to put it?

Really would love some clarification on this, if anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Greetings from sunny Brazil

ozza

Veteran
So is Skunk #2 the Red haired skunk we have in Australia and Skunk #3 is the stinky one.

I read about the Skunk #2 supposedly being the stinky one. Sam apparently took both to Amsterdam.

ozza

Veteran
It is close but cheese just doesn't nail it. More that kinda stink. I have never tried a real Exo cut though.

Apomixis

...It was always my understanding Skunk #2 contained the namesake 'Skunk' terpenes, whereas the #1 was selected towards the sweeter end of the spectrum. Likely only 1 man here who has the definitive answer to that.

Skeeter D was a forum member at Overgrow that I recall having access to the #2 in clone form. Anyone know what happened to that dude?

-Kanza

so what did the RKS smell of? was it like cheese or different

Roadkill skunk didn't smell like Cheese or the sweet skunks at all.

It smells like when you go camping and a skunk sneaks into your tent and sprays, or when your dog messes with a skunk and gets sprayed by one. It's been a while, but I don't remember smelling any "kill" or scent of a dead skunk, just the smell that a skunk has sprayed. Lime green buds.

I miss it. Sam apparently still has seeds but doesn't want to work with them or give them to someone who will at the moment.

Every now and then someone pops up on the boards claiming to have a line on the RKS. Nothing I know of has come to fruition yet.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
ive been told to search these

kiwi seeds = kiwi skunk
pyramid seeds = tutankhamon
secret valley = top dollar
devils harvest = shoreline
jordan of the islands = northern bc skunk
soma = big kahuna
reeferman = ultimate outdoor , double skunk
barneys farm = kerala gold
john sinclair = skunk
nirvana = aurora
mr nice = shit, shark shock
paradise = acid

cannacopia = a rks x deep chunk cross
cannaventure = rks project underway
bodhi = rks project underway
rezivoir = basic d,..... rks project stalled?

rumors of strains called trinity... kgb( killer green bud)
rumors of a clone only called death star (not a rumor. ohio, oreagon, cali)( sour d x sensi star)
rumors of the roadkill smell being a tijikistan landrace strain.... (north of afganistan)

rumors

if you know something speak up!​

I have the deathstar, she is straight cherry varnish roadkill

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Thought i'd bump seeing as I spot Sam the Skunkman earlier. Really would like to know what you have planned for these Skunks if any? Take care 1

rod58

skunk #2

skunk #2

for many years i've had what i believe is skunk#2 x silver pearl and skunk#2 x "rock"? . so both crossed back to an indica strain yet they have both retained the skunk vigour and size .

ozza

Veteran
Yeah Rod58 I had a visit to WA last year and was impressed by the strains over there. Since you have to skunk crosses why not breed one by the other and do some selecting for skunky tones?

rod58

cheers ozza ,yeah i've crossed those two before ,..ok i guess but this year i've selected the best skunk x silver pearl male and have just put it over a white widow .so time will tell on that score ..

rod58

stonedwarrior , hi ..i've got no problem with sharing at all ...new at this internet so you'll have to bear with me . you east or west coast ?

calisun

I've been looking for skunk #2 RKS for a while with no luck. If anyone knows of a place in Ca please share. I miss that old school skunk smell and taste.

C

corygreen

RKS is a terrible smelling plant when i was growning up a buddy of mines use to get it.. If you do not like fowl smells leave it alone it starts me thinking could RKS have actually got it's smell from road kill actually

Status
Not open for further replies.