What's new

What would you grade this?

G

ganjygav

Ello people.
Things are baron around me and finding decent bud at the moment is tough.
I went to pick up some jack herrer yesterday but it was all mouldy. Dry but the buds were brown and when you cracked it open it was grey and fluffy. It also smelt like damp... as if you left some damp clothing in a washing machine and forgot about it for a week.
Today the woman went to pick some cheese up of her friend who grows. They don't smoke only grow.
Well I'm sending it back.
I think it looks and feels like very poorly done product and I don't even want to smoke it.
It smells like cheese sort of.
I've got a reputation as a fussy fucker but people who say this about me don't grow and as long as weed gives them a buzz they think it's great stuff.

So what do you guys think in you expert opinions?, am I too fussy? Does this weed look good?
picture.php

armedoldhippy

Veteran
looks are not everything, but...no, that does not inspire awe in one by looking at it. i go more by aroma. if i like the smell, i NORMALLY like the taste. the effect generally follows. i have bought weed before that looked scruffy because of poor trim, but still was wonderful...:)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope...you don't want to smoke moldy weed!!! Life is too short....you don't need the repercussions of mold in your lungs/blood stream. Some say Decarbing (lighting it) will rid the mold. I say different.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
What A.O. Hippie said...

What A.O. Hippie said...

Looks like my Buds trimmed for smoking joints. (Compared to close trim)

The Smell will tell you if you want to smoke it. :party:

G

ganjygav

It smells kinda OK but it's all little fluffy buds on lots of stalk. All nute burned leaves. some of the stalks are a grey or black colour.
I treat weed the same way I do food, if it don't look nice it don't pass my lips.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are some ugly buds... They weren't trimmed very well it all considering they still have brown leaves attached to the extra dark stem. They look like they were pushed heavily while flowering.
For a product that you paid for it's not up to snuff in my opinion.
If she only smells OK, she'll probably smoke only OK.

I can't believe anybody would let you bring product back after taking it home. Weird.

G

ganjygav

Those are some ugly buds... They weren't trimmed very well it all considering they still have brown leaves attached to the extra dark stem. They look like they were pushed heavily while flowering.
For a product that you paid for it's not up to snuff in my opinion.
If she only smells OK, she'll probably smoke only OK.

I can't believe anybody would let you bring product back after taking it home. Weird.

It's my girlfriends mate who grew it. although there's not many dealera who argue with me either . They know I will tell them their weed is shite.
I'VE lost dealers for it but screw them and they're shite weed anyway.

Genghis Kush

you can't tell without trying it.
Some of the best herb I've ever smoked looked like crap!
but those where outdoor landraces
that looks like low grade indoor

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Send it back, anyone not offering cash back terms has no pride in what they do.

G

ganjygav

We would have paid 165 on the Oz that's English pounds. I was talking to the woman who grew it. She's hydro and her ph pen messed up she said plus she let them get too tall and they were too close to the light.
She has no idea by her own admission what she's doing. She don't even smoke and like a lot of people nowadays she grows it to make money.
You can't talk to people like that about quality because they don't care. AS long as people buy it the shit growers have no need to improve the quality as long as they still make a bit of money.
Anyway without even knowing how much it was priced at I can tell a growers skill by the look of their produce.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Ganjygav that's what I thought..

Ganjygav that's what I thought..

It's not hard to grow good weed, but it's not easy :laughing:

It screams "What am I doing wrong" :party: With practice she might turn out some good weed.

It was good that you talked to her about it.

Peace

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Looks like Low Ryder ...that's got ugly buds just like that

Crap trim job, but if they did a good trim there'd be scraggly buds on sticks

Personally I'd never offer that for sale, straight in the trim bin

G

ganjygav

It's not hard to grow good weed, but it's not easy :laughing:

It screams "What am I doing wrong" :party: With practice she might turn out some good weed.

It was good that you talked to her about it.

Peace

I can honestly say I've never grown anything I wasn't proud of. sometimes my plants may have a looked a bit pants. like I get these spots on the fan leaves nearly everytime but I'm working towards finding what causes it with each grow. this crop I've cut out tap water to see if it's that. either way my buds are always to my mind really good.
That's why I'm always moaning about the weed I have to buy in between.
Yeah I did talk to her and she listened. She has smoked my buds before so she did want to take my advice.
I told her to move to soil and maybe try organic feeds. I also explained about lst to control plants height.
IF she takes any of it on board I won't know until next crop. I don't know nothing about hydro so couldn't offer advice on that subject.
I know she has kids and don't have much time for the plants and that's maybe why she does the hydro.
Thing is with hydro I've been told you have to act quickly if something goes wrong. Soil is a bit more forgiving imo... if it wasn't there would have been plenty of times I would have messed up as well lol.

I baby my plants. I'm up there at least 3 times a day checking soil and general well being of the plants. A bit excessive I know but you can't argue with good results

G

ganjygav

Looks like Low Ryder ...that's got ugly buds just like that

Crap trim job, but if they did a good trim there'd be scraggly buds on sticks

Personally I'd never offer that for sale, straight in the trim bin

I would have just used it for edibles I reckon.

St. Phatty

So what do you guys think in you expert opinions?, am I too fussy? Does this weed look good?
View Image

Always save your lungs for the good stuff. :woohoo:

You could take the worst/ most schlarfy part of it, and make cookies.

425 degrees F for 25 minutes, always did it for me. 26, 27, 28 minutes.

G

ganjygav

Always save your lungs for the good stuff. :woohoo:

You could take the worst/ most schlarfy part of it, and make cookies.

425 degrees F for 25 minutes, always did it for me. 26, 27, 28 minutes.

I've sent it back fella. I'M also a fan of the cookies. I started making butter and using it to make cookies this summer.
A couple of times they have made me ill though. I forgot what a whitey felt like until I started eating cookies lol.