What's new

What tools do you prefer to use to harvest?

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
What tools do you prefer to harvest the fruits of your labor? I've seen adds for bud trimmers, but are they worth it? Do they save you any time or damage to your hands..... i.e. carpal tunnel?

I prefer to use the office scissors from Office Depot. The ones with only one loop, so no bllisters, like regular scissors. So far they're the best thing I've found, but it still kills my hands. If anyone has a better suggestion, I'd love to hear it. :joint:

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
I've got tendon damage both arms. Fiskars spring loaded teflon coated sewing scissors. I've also used the electric version of them and while not having to constantly squeeze was nice, the vibration from them killed my arms pretty quickly. The 'titanium' edged ones are imho, not worth the extra $$.

Get them in the craft section as 'craft' scissors and they're about $15 CAN a pair. Get them in the sewing section as 'sewing' scissors and they're about $20 CAN a pair.

I

Iron_Lion

A pair of Klein Dikes to cut thick thems and a pair of Fiskars fine point pruning shears for the bud trimming.

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
I use only 1 type of scissor for all things ganja - Fiskars micro-tip. Cost about 15 bux here, but worth every penny. Was put on to 'em many years ago when I helped trim a commercial crop and showed up with ring scissors.

The commercial grower recommended I get these, and after the 1st day, I knew why, and definitely had em for the 2nd day...

No fatigue or blisters after that... :rasta:

Peace

Last edited:
B

buddymate

Long handled pruning shears to cut them down,saves constantly bending if you have a number to do.

Attachments

• Harvest uk. 008 (Medium).jpg
    Harvest uk. 008 (Medium).jpg
    132 KB · Views: 15

Toad

nthing the fiskars. Indispensable. I have three pair. No loops for blisters and they're spring loaded.

ZEROorDIE

i pretty much use my fingers and if i HAVE to ill use reg scissors

i only ever have up to six plants to harvest at a time so its not a big deal, its fun and i dont mind gettin my hands dirty cuz i can smoke that shit after/during

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
fiskars are the best

you might want a regular pair of scissors for thick woody stems, so you wont break/dull your fiskars

TryComb

Fiskers fine point are the best I agree, I also use my kitchen shears to cut the thicker stems. These sicssors are desgined to cut a whole chicken up.
TC

B

Bernstoff

Any good solid scissor will do. Dont be a cheapskate when it comes to scissors :)

L

lysol

I have the fiskers, I agree any scissor would do, fiskers is good for a budget but im sure theres much better, the key differentiators I would consider is whether it has a spring. That immediately cuts your work by 50%