What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Plants Hide MJ Best?

de145

Camoflage is one thing but if you train them properly they won't need nearly as much of it:

Top them several times in their vegging up stage so that they turn into a giant ball instead of a tree and even people who are familiar with cannabis and have grown their own can look right at them from any kind of distance and won't even realize they are pot plants, it's just not an expected way for them to look and that's half the battle.

WTFisLoud

Corn, Sea Grass, the trick I think would be to space plants out in tiny plots (1-3), as there is nothing that can disguise a large plot once it's in line of sight.

in the bush blackberries or any brambles work. or giant ragweed, or the list goes on depending an where you are at. pick something that stays green late into the season and is about the same height as the plants you plan to grow. if you are growing trees then the will look like trees and camo wont help.

in the landscape there are too many to even try and list.

SemperAltus

Great thread, I remember reading.

Do you guys have a list of of decent plants for the backyard to mask the SMELL? more worried about neighbors passers by smelling my plants rather than seeing them...

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Depends where you are but I've used many herbs (rosemary, mint and basil) for cover smells, you just have to rough the plants up every day to spread the essence. Ornamental "corn" plants are incredibly fragrant when blooming, winter jasmine is a smelly vining plant.

You'll probably have to use a combination of plants to cover the flowering season. I flower from September to April so I have a number of different plants that help, but when the bitches get really stinky ya just gotta hope nobody puts two and two together.

I've never found a plant the would cover the smell of a stinky girl completely, I've always hoped that the combination of different smells would desensitize anybody that was nearby on a regular basis.

SemperAltus

Thanks DP, Im not concerned with complete scent remover just to obscure and mix it hehe so in passing it isnt noticed directly:biggrin:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
would putting one of those Halloween cinnamon scented brooms http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/photofiles/list/5468/7170cinnamon_broom.jpg in the garden help mask the smell or would people think its weird to smell cinnamon sent out in the open air.
also there is the 100ds of basil plants bordering the outside of the fence. but _ keep thinking ppl can still smell it on a windy day. :(

don't know what to do, and gettin nervous bout it so close to the end.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Sawgrass....no one's going in there to find anything.
For smell, Jasmine is really powerful. Can smell it a block away.

hey dignan,i just googled castor beans for sale,it said that people buy these and make that ricin crap out of them,really bad poison,freakin terrorist junk,keep kids away from them,in the southern us where i'm from people plant them in there yards and gardens to keep bugs away,be careful man

Lester Moore

Veteran
after planting the decoy plants, fake (tie on) flowers work well. not to many. not to bright just subtle flowers. no one will take a second look....

NeDank

In a guerrilla situation any plant roughly the same color in fall will hide mj quite nicely. For example I've harvested 10-20' from a walk way (low odor strain Guerrilla Gold 3) several years in a row.

For home gardeners plant cleome, the leaf shape is identical except without serrations and it produces beautiful flowers.

This is a white/common cleome note 5 bladed the leaf
url

NeDank

picture.php

These plants can grow quite large, 4-5' is the norm in my garden. And, best of all it will self seed the area and regrow next year.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
I tried 'em

I tried 'em

These plants can grow quite large, 4-5' is the norm in my garden. And, best of all it will self seed the area and regrow next year.

Came across them in an online search for cover plants. Called in a favor from a buddy up north and he procured and sent me a shit load of seed. They sprouted and grew grudgingly, but did not like the heat down here. There were also aphid magnets where I am so they only lasted about six months and I ripped them all out.

In the right place I'm sure they make an awesome cover plant, I sure wish they thrived here.

Uhmm well it depends on what people want to mask, smell or sight are propably the biggest things.

People suggested a ton of things already and most likely suggested these already as well.

What works best against sight is the "Large wooden shed with inside" plant lol, but all seriousness together.

Smell:
Mint
Lavender
Roses
Sage
General herb garden

Soaking your plants in soap, garlic and onion tea (works against mold and stuff as well, not sure how healthy it is but if you don't do it near the end and flush the plant and spray in and whatever it won't do much harm methinks). From what I've seen people don't really taste onion on garlic on their weed either but your garden will most likely attract drunk people in search of shoarma lol.

Go to a gardening center, take what you think you need, then walk back and get the exact same amount again :p. You're pretty sure to MASK (not totally take away, it just blends in) most of the major smell.

Sight:
Tomato's
Sunflowers
Giant cornfields :p
and IMO, some morphs/subspecies/whatever of the Buddleja davidii, some actually look like frosty weed plants (I thought my mom was growing weed when I walked by one last year :p) but with big @ss flowers, they can take up a lot of space though so you need to trim them to whatever size you like.

And ofcourse, anything listed by others (which I'm going to read as well when I have the time so I know what else I can plant :) ).

Easy7

Veteran
I like autumn olive for cover. These are shrubs to small tree's. Growing upwards of 30 ft. I have tunneled into these cause they have a huge spread. You could walk right up to autumn olive and not see what's inside. They take over any meadow that isn't mowed. Always growing very well in southern exposure. Plus they have a few sharp needles. Very thick plants, excellent cover! Also the berry is edible, more lycopene than tomato's. So you have an excuse to be around them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts