What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What percentage of Californians are growers?

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Anyone have a clue as how to figure this out?

Just curious, considering the last elections saw a pro-marijuana measure defeated by less than 10%

R

rick shaw

In SF 7 out of 10 residents smoke marijuana,the other 3 grow.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
It's hard to say. I'm glad the Meth cooks have left my area and hopefully are being replaced by Pot growers, There more friendly.

northstate

ICMag Donor
A very high percentage. That was bad but I could not pass it up. Hard to know really until the fear of answering honestly is removed. NS

T

Tr33

Back in the 70's in HB
Growing up in HB we used to wall walk through the neighborhood backyards
every 3-4 houses had plants growing in the backyard.
I bet it's still the same.
In late summer you could see the tops of plants peeking over the fences from my backyard.
Everyone in my neighborhood seemed to party.
quite the common theme in HB, Ca back in the 60's n 70's
I really doubt it has changed much, except for lower growing profiles.

David762

Just so long as there is room in the USA marketplace ...

Just so long as there is room in the USA marketplace ...

:tiphat:
Anyone have a clue as how to figure this out?

Just curious, considering the last elections saw a pro-marijuana measure defeated by less than 10%

Just so long as there is room in the USA marketplace ... for 11 ton mexi brick-weed train loads, not nearly enough. AFAIK, Cali can supply the entire USA demand for pistachios and then some -- no reason (except for Uncle Sam) why Cali couldn't do the same with cannabis. Let the rest of the country grow hemp -- they might be able to supply the USA's pending demand for that aspect of cannabis sativa.
:dance013:
But enough with the odd-ball humor. I have no idea how to figure out that percentage -- perhaps when cannabis is actually legal, the next census will answer that question ... :tiphat:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
my guess is not more than 10% but more than 5%

Theres over 37,000,000 in california. That means every 1% = 370,000 growers. 5% would be 1.9 million people. I know hundreds of smokers, maybe thousands. But I only know a very few select out of those that are growers and most of them are either growers because ive taught/convinced them to do so, or ive met them through the grapevine. California grows alot of weed, but I seriously doubt we have anything more than 2-3% of the population growing. In fact id be suprised if it was more than 1%. You could have max capacity at every single baseball and football stadium in the state and that still would not even equal 1% of the population...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
It's hard to say. I'm glad the Meth cooks have left my area and hopefully are being replaced by Pot growers, There more friendly.

are you crazy...alot of people have been growing pot TO SUPPLY THEIR METH HABIT!

in certain areas like the triangle...i wouldnt be surprised if 50-60 percent of the populace is involved in growing or dealing.

but more realistically...probably only 1% of californians grow, if that. you forget how crowded it is here.... plenty of non smoking people everywhere...

something like only 10 percent of all californians smoke weed on a weekly basis. 30-40 percent have smoked this year. so thats still 60 percent of people who do not smoke weed. when i think about the people living on my street, it makes sense. im sure over half of them drink alcohol, but i have doubts any of them smoke.

Space Case

Veteran
in certain areas like the triangle...i wouldnt be surprised if 50-60 percent of the populace is involved in growing or dealing.

but more realistically...probably only 1% of californians grow, if that. you forget how crowded it is here.... plenty of non smoking people everywhere...

something like only 10 percent of all californians smoke weed on a weekly basis. 30-40 percent have smoked this year. so thats still 60 percent of people who do not smoke weed. when i think about the people living on my street, it makes sense. im sure over half of them drink alcohol, but i have doubts any of them smoke.

LOL, its funny to read some people that believe like 50% of the general populous in california are growing...LOL....highly not likely! We forget how small of a community our grower/stoner microcosm really is! Shit, sometimes I forget that there are real humans out there, other than just icmag members...lol....funny stoners...there is a whole NON-Stoner world out there that we forget about....but that world sucks anyway, so fuck it...smoke it up!

Sandnut

Probably like 0.1-0.5 % of the population I'd say.. what do people expect 20%? lol, theres like 37-38 mil people in cali, it doesn't sound reasonable that 4million people would be growing weed, haha now imagine that all of you cali growers who already whine about the over flooded market:D

TruthOrLie

Veteran
I think the only folks who have a good idea of the answer to this are hydro stores and seed companies.

how many hydro stores in CA i wonder

Latest posts

Latest posts