What's new

What Nutrient/Additive is being used that's giving me Stomach Cramps and Backaches??

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I suggested to the OP a sample analysis which would have long and easily solved this mystery and would tell you everything that is in the sample and also the concentration values. From that list it would be very easy to find the offending source.

You got an addy I can send samples to so you can pay to have them tested for me? I'm barely able to afford meds, let alone postage.

I can easily get samples from each source, should only take a week or so.
:thank you:

Firehound is right on with the systemics... I've used way too much azamax in hydro before and can tell you (from the experience of someone VERY sensitive) that it's completely gone in 60 days.

I think one of the biggest problems seems to be all the products that say "Safe to use up to the day of harvest".... when they're obviously meant for food products that get washed at some point before being eaten.

:wave:

Granger2

Veteran
HydroSoil,

Could be a pesticide or a bloom enhancer. I'm appalled at what some growers use, and many are med suppliers. Imidachloprid and Floramite come to mind. Both long lasting systemics. Imid claims control for 1 year. Floramite is for ornamentals only, 28 day control of mites. Good luck. -granger

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Scraped a tiny bit of kief off of the tray in my kief box. Had kief from that tainted bud on it I guess, one hit and it tightened up my stomach and gave me a 'bad' body feeling.

Definitely from those growers. Wow. Been a while since I used any of that crap, super glad it's 'over'.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

TLoft13

I assure you SM-90 is a systemic product. We test main stream products and have been since 2005. SM-90 was in the top 5 most misued products from our collected data. You are not the only one who does not "think" SM-90 is systemic. This is a VERY common assumption. Most do not even know or understand what a systemic product even is or what is does and how it functions as related to plant biology.

People also do not "think" an additive for blooming called "Pure Flowers" is systemic either. They also do not realise the detrimental side affects from using such a product on a crop that will be consumed by humans. This product was another one we tested which produced some alarming test results to say the least........just a FYI

I would like to know more about these tests, if possible?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
AND THE ANSWER IS..........

AZAMAX or AZATROL.... sprayed on the plant within 30 days (at least) or used systemically within 40 days of harvest.

In this particular scenario it was azamax that was accidentally oversprayed (just a light, almost non-existant mist) onto a plant about 35 days from harvest.

After a few days, the buildup in my system started causing the same stomach and back pains as soon as I medicated. Meds from plants that recieved systemic application 35 days from harvest ALSO presented the same issue.... but took quite a bit longer and more bud before building up in my system and causing the same issues.

Use Azamax or Azatrol in VEG. Spray and systemically to break the life cycle.

Flowering plants only get systemic application the FIRST day of flower. 3 month strains I would hit again at 30 days.

Mite infestations need to be cleaned from your rooms, your house and your surrounding property. Or you'll end up telling everyone your mites are "Resistant" when they're not.
Keep up your maintenence schedules and you won't have anything but minor outbreaks.

Thanks for all the replies. :D

Galactic

glad you figured it out

was up to my wits and just going to suggest some Midol

works great for my wife

use accordingly during FIRST initial days of deflowering

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
glad you figured it out

was up to my wits and just going to suggest some Midol

works great for my wife

use accordingly during FIRST initial days of deflowering

Appreciate it, but I don't even eat the asprin that's hanging around here somewhere. Cute advice. LOL

FWIW... If anyone DOES have these symptoms... baking soda seems to help the stomach. Keeping food on your stomach will lessen the stomach cramping/pain as well. Haven't found anything that will deal with the back cramps except good/clean cannabis.

MIway

Veteran
I'm on a shitty phone, so forgive my not lookin up myself... But thought I read that peeps use neem oil for their cudicles and even foods... But that peeps use neem directly. Would be curious if you sourced some of the human neem products and had the same reactions...?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I'm on a shitty phone, so forgive my not lookin up myself... But thought I read that peeps use neem oil for their cudicles and even foods... But that peeps use neem directly. Would be curious if you sourced some of the human neem products and had the same reactions...?

That's a good question.

I think the answer is going to lie in that Azamax/trol are both concentrates of neem... and that the end product is being smoked instead of eaten. edit: When meds that cause me pain have been processed into simpson oil, I haven't had the same issues. (edit: This seems to have been true with only ONE batch... have not been able to make clean oil since. Still trying to figure that one out.)

Interesting to note that at the height of my back pain from a car wreck, I was in the L.A. area... Now that I look back, my issues were intensified a couple of times by meds just like those I've run across now.

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
edit: When meds that cause me pain have been processed into simpson oil, I haven't had the same issues.

Retraction...

I've only processed one batch that didn't 'hurt' me like that. All batches since then have caused the same issues, just slower.

It's a bio-accumulation thing. A couple of days off and I can medicate for half a day or so with simpson oil... after that I begin getting the same symptoms again.

Feels like an ulcer... but doesn't react to food like one.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
you should go see a doc there might be something serious going on..

I haven't had much luck with docs being 'helpful' in my case, but thanks for the suggestion.

Don't need a doc though...

I have an issue that's only caused by ingesting/smoking cannabis contaminated by organic neem oil products. When I stop, it goes away. When I stop for a long time, it takes a long time to start up again after I start smoking/ingesting again.

It's a bio-accumulation thing. I don't need a doctor to tell me that I need to quit ingesting/smoking neem oil products.

What I DO need is for more people to be aware that... if it's messing ME up... then EVERYONE should be aware, 'cause you're generally not going to have any outward effects until it's too late. *shrug* That's the part people forget about my 'sensitivity' issues.

Not always, but more often than not... the stuff I'm complaining about is deadly when your exposure time goes to decades. And here I watch people walking out of the grocery stores with entire flats of energy drinks "for the week".

Stay Safe! :tiphat:

Granger2

Veteran
Hydrosoil,
How do you know its neem oil products? Are you smoking bud from 1 or 2 growers? Are they telling you that they don't use PGR's, floramite, etc, and that it "must have been a little Azamax spray drift" or something like that? Have you smoked weed produced by others lately?

Neem has been used for human consumption for centuries in Ayurvetic medicine. This isn't to say that you don't have an allergic reaction specific to you. I'm asking these questions as an investigation, not to doubt your word or judgement. I'm just wondering about the credibility of the info from these growers. Thanks. -granger

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hydrosoil,
How do you know its neem oil products?

Because I'm a consultant and in one garden I personally sprayed 2 plants at 2 weeks in flower. A "Tiny" almost minuscule amount of that Azamax spray (5ml/gal) drifted onto the lower half of another plant at about 35 days from harvest.

Both sets of plants were also treated systemically with 3ml/gal of Azamax.

The one with the mist at 35 days tasted the worst and triggered the effect the quickest.

The plants treated systemically only had a very slight, yet still present, hint of Azamax and presented the longest buildup time with use. Almost not there, but yes... still there.

The plants treated at week 2 with spray were obviously Azamax tasting (This is all MY taste.. others can't tell except the buds that were accidentally sprayed.). Light, but the taste was obviously there for me... faster pain than systemic only, but still there.

Yes, it's definitely the Azamax. I can taste the same taste on bud from other growers around town.

So... NO. Azamax is truly NOT "Safe to use up to day of harvest." at least in one case. Variations in that 'taste' make me believe that Azatrol or other neem oil products are also being used... they all have that heavy 'oil slick' on my tounge feeling as well.

There's one oil out there that doesn't have the Azamax type taste to it... but it's a heavy oil and disgusting in it's own right. Not sure if it makes me sick or not, can't stand the taste and it makes me slightly queasy after a few large tokes. I've yet to continue to use any of that stuff. Everyone around here says it's 'good' stuff though. *sigh*

So, yeah... it is the neem, or at least concentrates of it. LOTS of it, in these parts.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Heyas! :tiphat:

The last almost year has had me medicating with OPB (Other People's Bud) and I've recently run into 2 growers that have F'd up meds. Essentially they give me a belly and backache within a few minutes of medicating.

Edit: I've found the answer and it's Azamax or Azatrol, sprayed on the plant within 30 days of harvest. At least that was what happend to the plant that gave me the exact same symptoms I've been bitching about. (NEVER spray in flower.) Straight up, some people are sensitive to that and "Good to spray up to day of harvest" advice is NOT for cannabis. (as I've been trying to tell folks for years now)

All I know is that both growers are in soil and that the meds have an off-sweet flavor that I haven't run into in other bud before (that I can remember).

It's definitely from the meds as I've spent time narrowing it down.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :D

Thanks and....

Funny you bring this one up I had a slighly different experince mine was more of a heart attack type feeling and I thought this was just me. Then we were smoking with another person and they said" I feel like I'm having a heart attack".
We brought this info up to a random person who also said this was what happened to him when he smoked bud. (inCosta Rica)
imvho this would be pesticides.. They do not make pesticides thinking your going to smoke it. Ppl that spray these posions are very uniformed as to whats what. If they get bugs they will do what they have to to get rid of them overspraying would be one way.
This is why infomation is important, but more important is that ppl stop buying these posions altogether for cannabis. Why ppl don't get this is beyond me. stay real headband 707

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
That's interesting indeed.

While I've been around folks that have had "anxiety attacks"... there are a number of posts/threads online where people swear they're having a real heart attack and the symptoms they describe are very convincing.

Yet another example of "It's NOT the cannabis, folks." lol Glad that wasn't the first time you ever toked and that you have access to better. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts