What's new

what nutes are you putting in your coco ?

Rob Deck

I'm hand watering my botanicare coco with GH FloraNova Bloom, KISS/lucas based, giving as much ppm as the plants want, tap water.

Works great, a variety of strains are delighted with feeding, grow incredibly fast and root growth is phenomenal. Most importantly it is very clean.

Im using the complete dyna-gro line (grow, bloom, pro-tekt, mag-pro) + calmag with RO.

Im still learning as I go, but my current grow will be my best yet.

Easygrowing

Veteran
Cannas vegge and bloom for soil-yes for soil-and no prob at all..i handwatering and mostly with rainwater for lower PH and i newer check PH-looking on the leafs instead.

eyes

Veteran
i used gh flora nova bloom- worked pretty well. now i use there gh organic bio thrive grow, and there cal mag. use about 2ml s if watering everytime with nutes, which i do. you will get burn with these nutes if you go to high on the mls on every watering. they seem to work well. Im happy so far and dont have to shake bottles and its all organic.

When i was using synthetics in coco, i was getting lock up with phosphorus problems as well as the cal mag problems.

Last edited:

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
per gallon:

15-20 ml cns17 bloom for coco (no veg formula) One nute to rule them all!
GH subculture-b
silica

That's it.

forty

I've used all kinds of different nutes in coco. Gh flora micro & bloom works well. I use that in veg and Hesi coco nutes in flower. Pretty well anything will work fine.

man.. how times have changed in such a short time. i used to get neg rep in '06 for saying you didn't need coco specific nutes...

homebrew420

floranova with a dash of silica as we have very clean water with very little buffer in the water. Nutrients drop the pH below optimal levels. Will be switching the Jacks Pro w/ cal-nit. Cheap and very effective from what I see.
Just ordered some auto watering "Hydrospikes" 3 pack for about $10. Hopefully make this a much easier chore.

Peace

Mister_D

Veteran
I'm currently using GH Biothrive grow and bloom, no additives. Mixed with 0.4 ec tap water and 5ml each grow and bloom per gal. to mimic h3ad's 6/9 ratio. Fed at everywatering veg to flush.

picture.php

Mr. D hows the taste with those organic nutes? I like the simplicity and your plants look happy to say the least. I looked at the feeding chart, it says there is no need to PH your nutrients? Is that true? Also I see you say no additives, any reason why you haven't used the others? Not necessary in your mind or do you want to try them at some point just trying to dial in the basics to start (thats how I'd do it)

Thanks man

Mister_D

Veteran
Mich - I havn't completed a full cycle in coco yet using this recipe (just over 3 weeks into flower at this point, check the link in my sig for more info). I did however basicly follow the GH feed chart last grow in happy frog. Despite being over all displeased with the feed chart, the taste of the finished product was excellent. I expect nothing less this round and probably an improvment as the plants are much happier. As for the PH deal, it depends on your water. If you have reasonably low alkalinity water and are growing in soil you will probably land in an acceptable ph range (6-6.5) with just the nutes. However if you water has some alkalinity or you are growing in coco requiring a low ph, adjustment is definitely necessary. As for the additives, i'm old school and don't really subscribe to the additives are necessary for increased yield theory. Search here or on google for "heath robinson" if you have any doubts about that statement. I recommend checking out his grows anyway, they are legendary. That being said I will likely add the bio-weed or it's equal in future grows. I find seaweed boosts plant health, taste, smell, and increases resistance to heat, bugs, etc. It's not necessary though. Only other thing I recommend is silica for increased cell strength, but like the seaweed it's nothing a person should concern themselves with until a nute line is completely dialed in. Want to add something to increase yield invest in better enviromental control and/or genetics.

Just wanted add that though at this time I have not completed a grow with these nutes in the h3ad ratio I know it will work work just as well if not better than using the same nute ratio with the flora series. Its the ratio that matters not the source of the nutes.

Edit: I am now ~ 3weeks from harvest and begining my flush cycle. The biothrive at 5ml per gal. grow and bloom performed very well. However coming to the end of the cycle I recommend following h3ad or rez's recipe pertaining to the pk boosts. I used the equivalant of h3ad's 6/12 ratio (2.5ml grow + 10ml bloom per US gal.) for the last week because buds weren't swelling like they should have. This seems to have gained me a good amount more density, but I feel probably would have been more effective if I had boosted at the perscribed times. End conclusion 6/9 ratio works all by itself, but is better suited to be used with PK boosts. I will work on refining the ratio so I have a flower formula that doesn't need PK boosts.

mg75

imo coco does best with salt based "chem" nutrients which you feed at every watering until 20% runoff. you can use some organic amendments via the coco or bottled nutrients. a one part like flora nova bloom with something like bloombastic at the end can give really great results. foliar applications of kelp and other organic stimulants can also benefit your grow.

Str8Dank

this thread could not have come at a better time. i ran lucas with coco on a test plant a few runs ago and impulse bought enough canna coco the other day to do both of my rooms next run. cuts are in the cloner and the only decision to be made still is on nutrients.

thinking H&G coco base and maybe bloombastic, some kelp, maybe their multi zen also. also looked at doing the head mod of lucas since it's cheap and easy, $275 for a 6 gal container of bloom and a 6 gal container of micro can't beat that.

i'm stuck on deciding the issue is i dont want to sacrifice any yield or quality to save a few hundred dollars on nutrients but i can't justify the $900 canna's line would cost me.

wisco61

I use H3ad's 6/9 formula plus silica with tapwater. Also, I use the hardwater micro. Unrooted clones get 1/2 strength, but everything else gets the same 6/9.

Latest posts

Latest posts