What's new

What Nutes/Additives/Supplements Do You Use and How?

What Nutes/Additives/Supplements Do You Use and How?

• Fox Farms

Votes: 80 25.4%
  • Earth Juice

Votes: 20 6.3%
  • Humboldt Nutrients

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • TechnaFlora

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • B'cuzz

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • General Hydroponics

Votes: 79 25.1%
  • Dyna-Gro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emerald Triangle

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Miracle-Gro

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • Advanced Nutrients

Votes: 44 14.0%
  • Botanicare

Votes: 67 21.3%
  • Composts n Guanos Only

Votes: 26 8.3%
  • Lucas Formula

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • None

Votes: 30 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
additives:

compost tea
humic / fulvic
bio-boost
EM-1
azomite / rare earth
botanicare liquid mycos right now ( trying vs. powdered )
dried seaweed

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
simpleHouse
""
I use the GH basic set of 3. I use this for both recirculating and drain to waste programs.

Soil:
Gordon's Gold Label or FoxFarm Ocean Forest
~25% perlite
plain water for 2 weeks and then start 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutrients, work up to full strength

I have had good luck so far. pH has been within range on both soil and hydro. I am wondering if I should go ahead and get the full GH set. Does anyone have a comparison between basic and full sets? ""

GH: Depends somewhat on your hydro-medium and space available (heith and width). If you can move plants around (i.e. buckets or Hugo Blocks) and you have the extra money, then knock yourself out with the drain to waste and the full line. Unfortunately the only full line I have seen was dtw and flawed. He went from 321 to 123 on dtw and didn't leave any residual nutes (no transistion). Thus, nitrogen deficiency ensued and crop was fucked. However, before that they were the bigest healthiest vegs I had ever seen. You could snap a branch in half and then just lean it straight up and it would stay without any support (of course is oozed like maple syrup), and this was on rockwool.

For me;
Rockwool
flora series(m, g, b-added in that order), then later on liquid kool bloom, then dry kool bloom and carbo load (AN), during flush water and CL, then Kleen (to leach salts[or clearex, ect]) and water.

G M B
3 2 1 Seedling, veg
2 2 2 Transistion (end use wk 0-3 in flower cycle)
1 2 3 Bloom ( end use wk 3-6 in fc) add small amounts of lqd KB.
0 1 4 Ag. Bloom (end use wk 4-6 in fc) Larger amounts of lqd KB.
0 1 5 Vag. Bloom (end use wk 7-9 in fc) Swith to dry KB[be careful] add carbohydrates and sweeteners.
Flush (use salt leaching additive) for 1-2 weeks. Changing water at least every other day.

Soil: FoxFarm, Earth Juice, Age Old, Guano, Kelp, Botanicare, Humboldt Nutes. Everything ever tried in any combination. No help there except I learned the importance of proper drainage and soil compactability, and not over or under watering. Basic rule, start small and ease them into the larger doses.
And of course, patience.

Last edited:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
GOOD IDEA FOR A THREAD.....!

Veg - GH 3 part + additives from GH, botanicare, and canna.

Flower - Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur (last two runs) + additives... With Botanicare additives as well. I alternate Botanicare's SWEET and AN's CARBO LOAD>>.. Aquashield from Botanicare.

Also, Fox Farm "tri-pack" used most of the time, at light concentration. (Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, Cha Ching).

In the past have, tried most of the 'major-line' regimens, except Botanicare, Hum Nutes, and Canna.

S

spacecaser

GH Floranova Grow and Bloom. Plants Love these in soil-less media, havent tried in hydro. I also use GH's KoolBloom too.
Been looking for a better ripening stimulant tho. KoolBloom is a tad strong and its a powder.

R

Red Swan

GH 3 part, Calmag Plus , Budswel in flower plus Kool Bloom or Mother of All Blooms.

Foliar feed with Earth Juice or Kelp. DO NOT add those to GH even though label says fine for hydro systems. Will cause nute lock out and give you the nasties growing all over your roots. PH will rise.

Floralicious and Liquid Karma ended up just settling on the bottom of my res, hoses, and buckets. Caused more problems than they were worth with build up. Budswel does a better job for taste and smell without clogging anything. 5ml per gallon.

PBP, calmag and budswel also produce great results.

GH 3 part, Calmag Plus , Budswel in flower plus Kool Bloom or Mother of All Blooms.

Foliar feed with Earth Juice or Kelp. DO NOT add those to GH even though label says fine for hydro systems. Will cause nute lock out and give you the nasties growing all over your roots. PH will rise.

Floralicious and Liquid Karma ended up just settling on the bottom of my res, hoses, and buckets. Caused more problems than they were worth with build up. Budswel does a better job for taste and smell without clogging anything. 5ml per gallon.

PBP, calmag and budswel also produce great results.

Hey I used to use EJ... I foliar fed once, with grow, that stuff is horrendous! I presume you only foliar fed during veg, and with a super weak solution? I used catalyst for my foliar feed, it was much better, as in NO FUNK:D I don't use EJ anymore, but man that grow and bloom looks/smells like raw sewage:biglaugh: But it's one of the few pure organic brands out there, so I respect it.

slappyjack

CNS grow/bloom/ripe, drip and E&F coco. That's it.

Don't be fooled by the cheap price, the stuff works just as well as any other line.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
GH FloraMicro, Flora Bloom and pH Down are all I use. M&B @ 1:1 for veg 1:2 for bloom. Actual rates are determined by the plant.

grapeman

Veteran
Using this grow House & Garden's organic "Bio 1 Component Soil", with EWC & Guano Teas with fulvic.

Never seen healthier plants. Ever.

Haven't grown for a while , but wouldn't try to add all these new things, Compost or castings sounds fine and the Fox farm soil sold out in Pt . Reyes is good , never Miracle Grow , a few ruthless growers or somebody further down the line sometimes spray some unknown substance on the buds, (probably organic ) , it make the buds ultra- sticky and it sells cheaper , but ruins the smoke . All you really need for some tasty buds is the Sun, Rain
and Wind, have used fish emulsion for ferts , but I'm sure theres' lots of high tech stuff now,
but I'll stay away from that and go Old School next time I grow and use only things I can find in Nature.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
North American? What?

You forgot H&G and Canna, and Lucas Formula is not a Nute/Additive/Supplement.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I started with Shultz 10-15-10 Plant Food at 5ml a gal plus 4 drops Superthrive and 5ml Alaska 5-1-1 Fish Emulsion and had good results like DrBud was getting. I wanted to join the crowd and go to hydro shops and explore after a few grows and first real nute company I got was Fox Farm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom which I had great results with also but I didn't have a PH Kit at that time and got the Big Bloom and fucked my garden up!! Come to find out it was cuz my PH dropped from 6 to 4 after the Big Bloom!!!

Next I tried out Flora Nova Grow and Bloom and Veg got 5ml Grow 5ml Florablend Vegan Tea 1ml Floralicious Plus and Flowering got the same mix just change the Grow for Bloom and that was in soil and in coco and did great! 8ml burned my plants...

Then I got the Organicare Grow Bloom Boost Calplex Seaplex Humega and Huvega which is REALLY NICE!!! I'd say my favorite so far but I got tired of mixing so much shit I mean fuck me 7 bottles!
Veg got 10ml Grow 5ml Boost 5ml Calplex 5ml Huvega 10ml Humega 10ml Seaplex
Flowering got - 10ml Bloom 10ml Boost 5ml Calplex 5ml Huvega 10ml Humega
10ml Seaplex per gal every watering...

Then lately it's been PBP Grow Bloom and Kool Bloom and Floralicious Plus and Vega Tea
Veg - 10ml PBP Grow 5ml Florablend Vegan Tea 4 drops Superthrive 1ml Floralicious+
Flowering - 10ml PBP Bloom 10ml Florablend Vegan Tea 5ml Koolbloom 4 drops 1ml Floralicious+

I like that mix ^^^^^^^^^ my girls look nice and healthy but I want to go with Coco specific stuff so I had been looking at Heads modified Lucas formula but I don't have the GH 3part but I do have gal jugs of Cutting Edge Solutions 3part so right now all my new plants in coco are getting the Head mix but with CES and it's as follows

You only need the MICRO and BLOOM everything you need is in those two and we know this thanks to Lucas and his fine work. Well he used the ratios of 8ml MICRO and 16ml BLOOM and that's just too much for coco from what Head found out. So he played around with it and came up with 6ml MICRO 9ml BLOOM through veg and flower and so far so good with the CES at these ratios, but with CES I saw a side by side with Fox Farm and Advanced were CES was kicking ass through veg and the beginning of flower but in the end barely yielded less and the grower said he thought it was do to Advanced Nutrients using hormones in their nutrients and CES didn't. Well I figured I would use Superthrive with it and see if that take's care of the problem cuz Superthrive increased the yield when I was using Shultz by 15% or more so I think it should work...