What's new

What Nutes/Additives/Supplements Do You Use and How?

What Nutes/Additives/Supplements Do You Use and How?

• Fox Farms

Votes: 80 25.4%
  • Earth Juice

Votes: 20 6.3%
  • Humboldt Nutrients

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • TechnaFlora

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • B'cuzz

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • General Hydroponics

Votes: 79 25.1%
  • Dyna-Gro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emerald Triangle

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Miracle-Gro

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • Advanced Nutrients

Votes: 44 14.0%
  • Botanicare

Votes: 67 21.3%
  • Composts n Guanos Only

Votes: 26 8.3%
  • Lucas Formula

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • None

Votes: 30 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a simple poll trying to figure out what ferts other growers out there like to use, and in what strengths and whatnot. I myself have always just been all over the place. I've used ej, ff, straight guanos, compost n castings, and even bare medium with no ferts. Trying to see what you guys think?

T

THC_Decapitator

we love polls and the pretty colored lines :)

hey, Urine is not on the list .

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
I am currently using a mixture of Botanicare(PB Original Grow and Bloom) and FF(Big Bloom) but I will be moving to the full line of Earth Juice and go totally organic. :)

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
*** As Requested... re-post from previous poll ***

I had one aborted soil grow years ago. After that i spent 6 months on CW and OG reading everything on hydro.

Lucas had the methods that were successful for newbs about 80% of the time and there were enough growers with experience that my questions would be answered. Never had any questions.... ran a beautiful grow the first time out, minimal efforts. I've been growing hydro ever since.

I started with mixing the GH Flora series using the 0-8-16 ratios that Lucas recommends. I've since switched to GH FloraNova Bloom and use it for veg and bloom, hydro and soil. I'm about to switch from that to GH MaxiBloom and just go with the cheapest nute that gives my plants everything they need to do well. I figure I'll play with Floralicious+ after a few runs with just the Maxibloom.

Whatever you do.... look for the simplest way you can find that gets good results, has a lot of people doing it and can be found easily. Once you have a few grows under your belt, you'll be able to focus on the nutes more as you'll know the plant pretty well by then. Keep it simple... you have a lot of information to absorb.

Stay Safe! :tree:

T

THC_Decapitator

Botanicare in the lead . I use there LQ and some power plant for grow . I used to use all pb pro for veg and bloom and loved it . You cant go wrong with GH Ive used the 3 part and I like there kool-bloom powder . This time im using a combination of 3 companies , Botanicare , technaflora and atami .

ninsega

Typically I use Fox Farm only, but this outdoor season I added Shultz Bloom to the mix.

I like using Grow Big for veg time(like normal). I then like Tiger Bloom for the outdoor transition between veg and fruit since it takes longer outside- Tiger Bloom has plenty of N and of course blooming agents. Every other watering during the entire fruiting cycle and perhaps once or twice at the end of veg I use Fox Farm Big Bloom, it's loaded with micronutrients and bacteria. I use the Shultz Bloom in lower than suggested dosings every watering outdoors until the final 15 days, which belong to molasses-water.

Every year I turn Mexican bagseed into top of the line bud. I'm not saying it is tremendously hard, but I think it is a fun grow.

Synthettek

I use FoxFarm Ocen Forest soil, along with,
Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom
also use SuperThrive and Molassess and that's about it and they love it.

Goldenseed

Im completely organic

My Basic soil mix:

Peat/Perlite - 70%
W.Castings - 15%
Garden Compost - 10%
Dolomite Lime - 5%

For the veg stage i add a Seabird Guano product wich has some additional Magensium and a little high P guano.
For flowering i just add high P guano and a little little bit of that Seabird Guano product.

This mix is nearly complete,means i dont have to add much liquid fertilizer...a castings/compost tea in early flowering and a guano tea in late flowering here and there...thats it.

Of course i use a Mychorizza product and molasses every second to third watering.

simpleHouse

General Hydroponics

General Hydroponics

I use the GH basic set of 3. I use this for both recirculating and drain to waste programs.

Soil:
Gordon's Gold Label or FoxFarm Ocean Forest
~25% perlite
plain water for 2 weeks and then start 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutrients, work up to full strength

I have had good luck so far. pH has been within range on both soil and hydro. I am wondering if I should go ahead and get the full GH set. Does anyone have a comparison between basic and full sets?

Also folks, please share your feeding regiments and little tricks you might employ in feeding your plants. This could be very informative for those just getting into growing, or for those who might have been wanting to change or tweak their current methods...

Latest posts

Latest posts