What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What music are you listening to?

CharlesU Farley

Radiation went well. Felt nothing. Jokingly accused the crew of running a placebo procedure... I think they knew I was joking..

Told them I forgot the pan of Jiffy Pop popcorn.. Maybe next time..

Saw them do this in 1974. Quite appropriate given your current situation:

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you

Believe it or not, most experienced health care workers have heard almost every joke, comment or question before but your placebo procedure quip was well above average. (y)

Take it day at a time, or an hour time, or a minute at a time... whatever it takes to get you through it.

I'll post a video here in a second that I posted in the Old Farts thread to Gypsy, who's having open heart surgery today. It's appropriate for you as well, as you're going through these procedures.

CharlesU Farley

When life is too much, roll with it, baby
Don't stop and lose your touch, oh no, baby
Hard times knocking on your door, I'll tell them you ain't there no more...

....now there'll be a day you'll get there, baby,
You'll hear the music play, you'll dance, baby
You'll leave bad times way behind, nothing but good times on your mind
You can do it, roll with it, baby
Then you'll see life will be so nice, it's just a step up to paradise

moose eater

In hotels when doing medical shit, I wake up twice as often as I do at home. I don't sleep at home much either, but it's twice as frequent that I get up through the night when in hotels, no matter how nice they are.

Got the billing somewhat straightened out last night for the room, though the 'maths still ain't mathing', as Cannavore would say. World seems overrun with folks whose gray cells aren't firing correctly, even when they're nice, caring folks. All too often.

Woke up with dreams or memories of 2 previous surgeries, the successful spine and the botched prostatectomy, scrubbing with that God-awful pre-surgical soap they give you in a little bottle, of which I still have a bottle or 2 at home as bad reminders. Couldn't tell which surgery the visions were from; just the moments in the shower with that -stuff-.

And Pink Floyd... as a balancing feature to the weirdness.

Being away from home and my wife and puppies, in some quasi-sterile hotel room is akin to doing time in a posh setting in a Federal facility. You know it could be worse, but it still isn't cool.

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
In hotels when doing medical shit, I wake up twice as often as I do at home. I don't sleep at home much either, but it's twice as frequent that I get up through the night when in hotels, no matter how nice they are.

Got the billing somewhat straightened out last night for the room, though the 'maths still ain't mathing', as Cannavore would say. World seems overrun with folks whose gray cells aren't firing correctly, even when they're nice, caring folks. All too often.

Woke up with dreams or memories of 2 previous surgeries, the successful spine and the botched prostatectomy, scrubbing with that God-awful pre-surgical soap they give you in a little bottle, of which I still have a bottle or 2 at home as bad reminders. Couldn't tell which surgery the visions were from; just the moments in the shower with that -stuff-.

And Pink Floyd... as a balancing feature to the weirdness.

Being away from home and my wife and puppies, in some quasi-sterile hotel room is akin to doing time in a posh setting in a Federal facility. You know it could be worse, but it still isn't cool.

Hang in there buddy! 👍❤️☕💨🎼

Latest posts

Latest posts