What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What music are you listening to?

CharlesU Farley

A cut and paste from my website concerning a Hungarian girl I knew in high school:

When I got to Atherton HS, I was pretty good in the sciences and was assigned by a biology teacher to help a girl who was flunking out. She was Hungarian and fucking beautiful, way out of my league, her name was Georgy. After class we got to talking and she asked if I got high. OM fucking G, this is just too good to be true! She pulls out a joint and we smoke what at that time was the best shit I'd ever smoked. I was _so_ high, I asked her if she spoke "Hungarish”

:eek: o_O😂

Combination of a young, ignorant American who hadn't heard any foreign language other than Spanish and being high as hell on "meshmacon". This is from the year I graduated high school, 1973, and I always think of it when I remember the term Hungerish. ;)

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
@CharlesU Farley mahala rai banda sings in gypsy language not hungarishian :D

Georgy = Györgyi

The meaning and origin of the name Györgyi
The name 'Györgyi' originated from the Greek name 'Georgios', meaning 'farmer' or 'cultivated person'. The origin of 'Georgios' can be traced back to the ancient Greek word 'georgos', which means 'farmer' or 'ploughman'.
Throughout history, the name underwent several changes. It was a common name in ancient Greece, as agriculture played a significant role in Greek society. The name also appeared frequently in a Christian context, as Saint George was one of the most famous and revered saints.

The name Györgyi spread in Hungary during the Middle Ages. In the Hungarian language, a feminine variation was created from the name 'Georgios', which was later shortened to Györgyi. The -i suffix was added, a common occurrence in Hungarian female names.

The name Györgyi is still widely used in Hungary and other Hungarian-speaking countries. People generally do not consider the origin or meaning of the name when choosing a name; they often base their decision on the sound of the name or possible family traditions.

CharlesU Farley

@CharlesU Farley mahala rai banda sings in gypsy language not hungarishian :D

Georgy = Györgyi

The meaning and origin of the name Györgyi
The name 'Györgyi' originated from the Greek name 'Georgios', meaning 'farmer' or 'cultivated person'. The origin of 'Georgios' can be traced back to the ancient Greek word 'georgos', which means 'farmer' or 'ploughman'.
Throughout history, the name underwent several changes. It was a common name in ancient Greece, as agriculture played a significant role in Greek society. The name also appeared frequently in a Christian context, as Saint George was one of the most famous and revered saints.

The name Györgyi spread in Hungary during the Middle Ages. In the Hungarian language, a feminine variation was created from the name 'Georgios', which was later shortened to Györgyi. The -i suffix was added, a common occurrence in Hungarian female names.

The name Györgyi is still widely used in Hungary and other Hungarian-speaking countries. People generally do not consider the origin or meaning of the name when choosing a name; they often base their decision on the sound of the name or possible family traditions.
She was teased a lot because of the song Hey There Georgy girl from The Seekers:

I know she's dead now, so there's going to be no problem with using her last name, and I'm not sure if she was pure Hungarian or only partial, but her last name was Garamy.

Does that sound like an Americanized Hungarian name?

Latest posts

Latest posts