What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What music are you listening to?

CharlesU Farley

Feeling the singer-songwriter vibe today. Here's one from when I was in high school, and I'll put a lyrics sample at the end because for a 17-year-old who had discovered Dylan, lyrics suddenly mattered:

Madly scrambling in the brambling
Up the mountain like a frightened trout
Killing relieves the hunting imperative
Maiming relieves the sadist's delight
They don't believe in what they are doing
I do believe that they are uptight
Safe and secure in maudlin commodities
Smug and pedantic into their lives
Stupidity can never make answers
Pathos is there in all of its might

moose eater

Feeling the singer-songwriter vibe today. Here's one from when I was in high school, and I'll put a lyrics sample at the end because for a 17-year-old who had discovered Dylan, lyrics suddenly mattered:

Madly scrambling in the brambling
Up the mountain like a frightened trout
Killing relieves the hunting imperative
Maiming relieves the sadist's delight
They don't believe in what they are doing
I do believe that they are uptight
Safe and secure in maudlin commodities
Smug and pedantic into their lives
Stupidity can never make answers
Pathos is there in all of its might

Somewhere around here, likely buried in ancient archives if I still even have it, is a larger black and white photo of Shawn Phillips in concert taken (I think) in Vancouver, B.C.(??... maybe Montreal?? Toronto??), by a former good friend from the Hippie School in the 70's in the Yukon Territory.

I want to say he's playing a 12-string in that photo, but my mind's eye might be lying to me. It happens more these days than ever before.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts