What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What music are you listening to?

buzzmobile

Veteran
Gregg Allman LIVE - "Whipping Post" | Back to Macon, GA

:joint:

RMS

:smoweed:

"WHIPPPPPPPIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG POOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSTTTTTTT!"

The Allman Brothers Band: “Whipping Post”, one of their most famous songs was written on an ironing board. Gregg Allman wrote it out on an ironing board cover, using the charcoal from burned matches. One of the band’s signature songs was never released as a single. While the original studio recording is under six minutes, the live version clocks in over 22 — a whole side of the At Fillmore East vinyl album. “Whipping Post” became a signature Allman Brothers song. People would yell out for the number at concerts — and not just ones by The Allman Brothers. In a 1990s interview, Gregg Allman told how the song came about.

”I wrote that song about five days after I got to Jacksonville. I wrote it on an ironing board cover ’cause I couldn’t find any paper. There was a baby asleep in the house, a real old house that my brother was staying with this girl in, so if I was to wake up the baby, it would have been my ass. And I found a box of kitchen matches. I’d strike one, and I’d strike another one and blow it out and wrote it with the charcoal. I caught mucho hell about her ironing board cover the next day. But it all came out in one stream and by sundown the next day we rehearsed it and it was finished.”

BAMstheWRST

Flume, Dom Dolla, Calvin Harris, Chevelle, A$AP Rocky, twocolors, J. Cole and The Romantics are currently top of my YT Music list hahahaha I listen to everything :biglaugh:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Pink Floyds "Atom Heart Mother" to go with breakfast. gone back to the beginning & heading to the future again...listened to "Pipers at the Gates of Dawn" the other evening for dessert... "Umma Gumma" at lunch yesterday.

St. Phatty

Conductor Fabio Luisi Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale della RAI di Torino. Italy.

with Russian pianist Alexander Malofeev.

Liszt Piano Concerto No.1

Liszt is supposed to be one of the hardest to play.

drosera420

Premium user
kaskade live sets on soundcloud, just repeat on headphones while sitting in front of computer working, in between Teams meetings.

Latest posts

Latest posts