What's new

what medium would you use based on quality only

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
that's how I first did hempy, but the dust from perlite is really bad and I've read that it breaks down fairly quick when recycling it
that's why you float it in a tub, the fines fall to the bottom and the good stuff is on top

alpo

that's how I first did hempy, but the dust from perlite is really bad and I've read that it breaks down fairly quick when recycling it

that is one of the reseasons I picked perlite, it said in the ad ' Non-Toxic ' ' wont shrink or decay overtime. '

mexweed

Veteran
the dust from getting it out of the bag into a tub etc, is bad to breathe

with hydroton I take a scoop with a colander and run water over it until there's no longer reddish color runoff, knocking hydroton balls off of root mass is easier too, this is where a lot of perlite gets crushed/lost

I have also read that there are sometimes algae issues with recycling perlite, I would still be having to buy new bags fairly routinely, if I'm going to do that I might as well just be getting bags of soil

Last edited:

FletchF.Fletch

420club
I like Rockwool and I like Soil. Funny how different they are. Runoff is the key for Rockwool, but a healthy organic Soil can go the distance with no runoff needed.

@alpo the Perlite set-up looks Cool.

Shoutout to @dank.frank for Permatil !!!

Latest posts

Latest posts