What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what medium would you use based on quality only

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
that's how I first did hempy, but the dust from perlite is really bad and I've read that it breaks down fairly quick when recycling it
that's why you float it in a tub, the fines fall to the bottom and the good stuff is on top

alpo

that's how I first did hempy, but the dust from perlite is really bad and I've read that it breaks down fairly quick when recycling it

that is one of the reseasons I picked perlite, it said in the ad ' Non-Toxic ' ' wont shrink or decay overtime. '

mexweed

Veteran
the dust from getting it out of the bag into a tub etc, is bad to breathe

with hydroton I take a scoop with a colander and run water over it until there's no longer reddish color runoff, knocking hydroton balls off of root mass is easier too, this is where a lot of perlite gets crushed/lost

I have also read that there are sometimes algae issues with recycling perlite, I would still be having to buy new bags fairly routinely, if I'm going to do that I might as well just be getting bags of soil

Last edited:

FletchF.Fletch

420club
I like Rockwool and I like Soil. Funny how different they are. Runoff is the key for Rockwool, but a healthy organic Soil can go the distance with no runoff needed.

@alpo the Perlite set-up looks Cool.

Shoutout to @dank.frank for Permatil !!!