What's new

What Makes A Master Grower ?

Clive

Hi all was just reading an article online and came across the phrase master grower. Was just wondering what members on here thought about the phrase and what would make a master grower.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
An over sized ego? Since there is no proper test or diploma to say for certain, it is someone that thinks they are in the top 1% or so of growers.

I have the opinion there are quite a few 'master growers' here at icmag, but they do not say that of themselves.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I tend to think of it is a grower who has students. Apprentices, journeymen,that kind of thing.

Working on a fishing boat it would b the master Baiter :)

idiit

Veteran
"master grower" is a rank, a status, credentials of caliber. i don't aspire to this rank even though it would be nice. i want to be able to augment existing soil in radically different environments so that i can produce quality and quantity of product in varied outdoor environments. that rank is sufficient for my needs. function, task oriented.
\
master growers are who we turn to in order to solve our specific problems.

T

TribalSeeds

A master grower has all 99 bottles of AN and uses them at full strength per AN's feed charts.

Drift13

I have really enjoyed this thread and have noticed myself doing a few of the things listed.
My take on a Master Grower is something most of us try to become but very few will succeed at.
For what it's worth...I have gone to classes put on by Master Gardeners and for the most part are nice folks that enjoy passing along their knowledge. To them I give thanks.

nvthis

A master grower has all 99 bottles of AN and uses them at full strength per AN's feed charts.

lol, that's funny shit right there ;)

The only time I have ever heard reference to the phrase master grower was in relation to some co-ops when referring to their head gardener, or main dude with a shovel and the most moms. Certainly merely a positional descriptor, like master brewer, head chef, or lead staff or whatever..

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i prefer the term "plant whisperer" thank you very much...

and being able to grow HARD MODE strains with no foilage

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
the only thing that makes U a MASTER grower is when U'r peer's See and Say U as one...

Latest posts

Latest posts