What's new

What light ballast to use for Verticle / stadium grow?

mrktwiz

this socket formerly resided in a hydrofarm hood...i rewired it to straighten it out...ugly aint it ??

picture.php

they shot up in no time !! heres the bulb "mid plant", proper vertical style !!!

picture.php

Whodair - Ugly well mine is pretty butt ugly ONCE I get my digi - cam back from the girlfriend you'll see. I might try and snap some droid pics tonight and see if I can post them (or do I need more post's to upload pics?).

I think I need to lower my lights about 4" - 6" inches going to wait till their off to try that. Do you guys were sunshades in the room with the lights lit? It's HELLA bright in their :smokey:

One more question - My temps are a bit high but it is winter, I am running a 450 cfm squireel cage sucking through a cana-scrubber and exhausting into a open space beneath my house, my temps are between 75 - 80 Degrees, it was exactly 79.9 when I just checked, this is a little high I think, I would prefer 70-75. Would a larger fan pulling more heat out? (my scrubber is near the ceiling to grab the smell AND heat? I have a ghetto C02 system; 1 gal milk canister with 1 cup sugar + 1 packet of yeast and it works great. I am plus 1500 ppm consistently, I heard high Co2 helps with heat a bit BUT I think I am tad bit too high.

I'll try and get some snaps up asap to see if I can get more feed back from peeps on my set up. Still having some problems with the screen set up, their pretty early in veg and don't know if I need to run the screen now or wait a week or two? Any thoughts, (when you see the pics it will probably be easier to answer this question.)

Peace and thanks for all the help and keep those suggestions coming.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
i would lower that light a bit...hang the bulb down under the canopy...those are small plants maybe youre trying to protect them from burn ??

Hey thanks for the info, yes, I was concerned about the light being too close because I just removed the cooltube and had to leave for 3 days without really knowing how much they could take at that fragile age. It gave me a little piece of mind with the light a little higher so I didn't come home to crispy critters, also turned the ballast down to 400w.

I am home now and cranked it back up to 600 and lowered the bulb, all seems fine after 8 hours this way.

Whodair I could use your opinion on another matter: I can estimate the penetration of a 600w as far as how big to make the circle around it but I don't know the vertical light saturation of the bulb as this is my first vert grow.

How much vertical height does the bulb cover in the center of the canopy? meaning ideal plant height for a single 600w. Looks like you got a good 3 feet of intense vertical light on the grow you helped that pretty lady with. BTW, I am using the exact bulb and ballast you lent her.

Mrktwiz, apologies for the temporary hijack of the thread but I think others may find this info useful.

mrktwiz

Mrktwiz, apologies for the temporary hijack of the thread but I think others may find this info useful.

No worries my friend this was useful to me....pics coming...

mrktwiz

Pics of my stadium grow (fingers crossed I can do this)

Pics of my stadium grow (fingers crossed I can do this)

Ok all there is my stadium grow, basically I have about 8' x 6' useful feet, running (2) 1K Solarmax HPS, I have a 35 pint Dehumidifier on a automated controller. I have a 450 CFM squirrel cage pulling through a can -scrubber and exhausting heat/smell into crawlspace beneath the house. BTW this room is off my garage beneath the main area of my house, think basement room.

Ok here goes I hope I can do this;

Overall shot of the room (lights off);

4 x 4 veg tent

450 cfm squirrel cage

reservoir and can-scrubber

Close up of drip lines (work in progress as we have a few leaks BAH)

AND for your viewing pleasure a shot of my old horizontal grow!

And a nice GDP cola..so sweet

Sorry for the quality but I snapped them with my Droid celly camera so it is what it is.....any suggestions are welcome.

BTW - we used irrigation quality 1/2" main line and then into EQUAL length 1/4 lines, where we plugged into the MAIN line we have leaks?? Was it because we did not buy the tool the irrigation supply house suggested and just POKED the connectors into the main feed line?:dunno: Should I have used 3/4" main line? any suggestions?

Peace!

Latest posts

Latest posts