What's new

What kind of white paint?

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I used latex ceiling paint in my room. It's not antifungal, nor does it clean as easy as a semi-gloss, but ceiling paint is formulated for maximum reflectivity of diffuse white light. Zinsser Bullseye 1-2-3 Acrylic Primer is a good bright fast drying undercoat.

Gloss paint or reflective foil doesn't diffuse the light. It appears to be more reflective because of the glare.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
don't use spray paint cans. it's thin, runny and doesn't cover very well & the mist goes everywhere...:)

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys. just wanted to give everyone a little update. my last grow was finished 2 weeks ago and i finally had the opportunity to paint my box again. i already had it painted flat white prior to opening this thread but thought i needed a refresh. i bought a pint of titanium white paint that someone suggested. since the paint has dried, i can tell a very noticeable difference in brightness. before, when i opened the door, the light wouldn't really bother me. now, i have to squint for the first 30 seconds until my eyes adjust. if anyone hasn't tried it, try titanium white paint. it's expensive but so far, it seems to be worth it. it was also very thick and lasted forever.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
somebody was looking for this?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 6
i used flat white elastomeric paint(roof paint) and have to wear sunglasses when i first open the door. i wouldnt go the emergency blanket route. i used it before i painted and it wasnt bright at all.even the primer was brighter.on top of that it was it was a pain in the ars to attach and keep it clean