What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What kind of instruments do Icer's play?

Laxpunker

Alex-F said:
I wonder if mixing counts as playing an instrument? :chin:

Depends, instrument is a broad term. Either way mixing is still something to be proud of, regardless of what category it falls into.

G

wow i'm surprised how many people are multi-talented...in that they play more than one instrument.
I actively play guitar and keyboard, and sing... pretty much everyday.
Starting a band with a guy, and possibly joining another band as a lead singer.
Tonight I played guitar/sang with a keyboardist. We were playing around this one song for 30 or 45 minutes. Its amazing how the time goes when you get into it.
When I got back from that session, to my place, everything seemed so peaceful.. Its like if I don't get that musical time, the noises around me annoy me more. When I play alot, I have an internal soundtrack going on so traffic doesn't bother me as much, thats my thoery.

G

Laxpunker wrote:
>>>...for my sake, please try to distance yourself from the Partridge Family...I still have nightmares about that show.<<<

I'd suppose we'd be a bit 'different.' ;^>)

For starters, I'd hope that we'd all avoid Danny's arrest record altogether.

Then there's that whole music thing....

moose eater

J

Jam Master Jaco

Laxpunker said:
I wish there was some way to seal my saxophone air tight and rig up a bowl on the end. In between notes I could sneak a couple of tokes.

You mean like this?

collegehumor.14142.451xAUTO.jpg

I used to play oboe, trumpet, acoustic guitar, and bass guitar but I don't have time for an instrument at the moment.

By the way, that picture is from collegehumor.com

Last edited:

Fat Albert

Jam Master Jaco said:
I used to play oboe, trumpet, acoustic guitar, and bass guitar but I don't have time for an instrument at the moment.

Is that because you've been busy making reeds for your oboe, thus unable to do *anything* else? :pointlaug

Fat A :wave:

G

I play guitar. Sing. Acoustic and electric.

Who else is in love with the boss DD-6?

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
I play cowbell - that's me in the middle...

Ha Ha! Actually, I've played bass for years..... I dabble with guitar, too.

I have a Ibanez SR-405 in midnight blue, an SR- 485 in oiled wood (since converted to fretless) and my current fave - a mid nineties MexiJazz 5 string with upgraded electronics and a Badass V bridge (which made ALL the difference for tone and sustain). This Jazz bass was a gift from an excellent friend and I will remember and cherish it always...

Hey how many people out there will give you a bass?

I also have a GK 400RB/210 combo which I love for small gigs and practice.

G

This is great all of the talented people here! I am lovin all the pics of some nice instruments. oh yeah and the saxophone bong that shits great, pass it this away lol. Anyhow like i said before The official ICMag band with everyone from a bong to a air guitar stop on by.
Keep on chokin and a tokin!!!!!!

Blazed_Out

I used to play the piano. Had lessons for 5 years. I'm still not that good but can read notes (I've kinda lost it a little).
I like the guitar very much but I can't play it.
Now I'm just making hip-hop/rnb music on the PC.

treehuggers

i used to play acustic guitar but now two turntables and mixer thingy between. I also play forums on computer :)

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
i play the software synth and sequencer rather well.....software drum machines....with virtual effects and compressors n all that jazz...ahh its good to be an electronic musician!!!

G

I dont play any, but I have ALWAYS wanted to play the bagpipes. Especially the big ones w/ the deep deep drones.

I wouldent wanna get fancy...just sit in a quiet meadow in the woods and play.

when I looked into learning once I was dis-couraged by peeps saying "that it will take a year to be able to play BADLY"...and that they are real difficult....I'm not scared of difficulty...I just dont have tons of time to devote to an insturment.

any advice on the bagpipes guys?....I'm surprised they werent mentioned yet.
-yukon

BTW I'm not very musically inclined to begin with...how much does that increase the difficulty level?

Last edited:

Laxpunker

The bagpipes are really hard, however if you have 30 minutes a day to play an instrument you can really make giant strides. I say give it a go, worst case you'll at least have a funny story to tell.

Bonzo

Veteran
Ive been foolin' with the geeetar for 20 years, still cant play the dang thing!!!

actually i'm ok on it. Man, you hit it Lax, 30 minutes a day is the deal, im lucky if i do 30 minutes a week, but have been thinkin' bout doin the 30 a day, maybe do some open mike nites at some blues clubs, man that would be fun!

Go for it Yukon!!!!! :woohoo:

peace

bonz

Last edited: