What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What kind of instruments do Icer's play?

G

I am new to the site and just was wanting to get to know the crowd and see what some of you all do after smoking some great herb? Do you play an instrument? I myself am a fiddle player and love it. Getting stoned and sawing on a fiddle don't have to be country hell it can be anything always turns into something fun.Anyhow please feel free to share :wave:

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
I have an electric guitar...it's feeling lonely at the moment as I haven't picked her up for a month or 2...shit I can't even play a song on her yet :fsu:

Having no smoke doesn't help at all either...

Last edited:

canaboid

^^^ imo you play guitar better sober b/c when sober you can be more technical and intricate but stoned is good to, you come up with prety cool melodies and stuff. mid-slo tempo stuff

Fat Albert

Clarinet (Bb and bass), Saxophone (alto/tenor/bari), Piano, Guitar, Bass, Percussion (Samba/Pagode/Afoxe). A little bit of flute, bassoon, and oboe. Thinking of taking horn lessons....then I can be my own wind quintet :chin:

Cheers!
Fat A :wave:

P.S. I also sing in a concert choir/acappella group/barbershop quartet (bass in all three).

G

Hell yeah I have been playing since i can't remember bu tits all about the fun but I find myself hella more creative and open minded when I am ripped and it takes the edge away when I play venues. This is great though we can have a ICMag official band for all those special smoking occassions!
Keep em comin

Laxpunker

Fat Albert said:
Clarinet (Bb and bass), Saxophone (alto/tenor/bari), Piano, Guitar, Bass, Percussion (Samba/Pagode/Afoxe). A little bit of flute, bassoon, and oboe. Thinking of taking horn lessons....then I can be my own wind quintet :chin:

Cheers!
Fat A :wave:

P.S. I also sing in a concert choir/acappella group/barbershop quartet (bass in all three).

Oy. A fellow saxophonist. Personally I love the sound of the Tenor sax, it's so soothing. After learning the saxophone I picked up the clarinet and flute just due the similarity in the keyings. After that I tried miserably to learn the guitar, however that didn't pan out. Lately I've picked up the harmonica, it's a pretty easy instrument to learn however I can already tell it's going to take me a long time to master the bending aspect.

I'd love to learn the banjo, it has such a unique sound.

G

I can pick a lil bit of Banjo not like dueling banjos or notin lol

S

Space Ghost

^^funny you should mention that lax, I just bought a banjo about a week ago I already like it a lot.

But instuments that I can play well are piano and trombone

G

I still have a harmonica or two in most of my gear.

The electric bass that I played when I was 14 is still in my closet; gets thumped on every now and again, but not too seriously.

There's a decent accoustic guitar up there that I also pull out on rare occasions, but never got past 'chord lock.' (Same old chords, and not enough time)

As a young teen I also played drums and tenor sax. I studied piano as a tiny feller' many many years ago.

My daughter plays violin in two youth orchestras, and my oldest boy plays drums. I sneak into his room on occasion and tap out a rhythm or two.

My youngest son, a toddler, often sneaks into the older two kids' rooms, and seems to have a natural talent with both the drums and violin.

My wife plays some keyboards and guitar.

If we ever get more serious about it, maybe we'll take it further, and be an arctic counter-cultural version of the Partridge Family.. :confused:

moose eater

Laxpunker

...for my sake, please try to distance yourself from the Partridge Family...I still have nightmares about that show.

kurlyq2g

i can play a bong real well

does that count, being that we can all do that??

we should all get together and jam on our bongs

Laxpunker

I wish there was some way to seal my saxophone air tight and rig up a bowl on the end. In between notes I could sneak a couple of tokes.

G

1624twosteels.jpg

the one on the right is a Dean and the one on the left is a Liberty