What's new

what is your feeding recipe for coco?

flyer

i am working on my 1st coco grow and i see a lot of different growing method on here. i would like to know what kind of nute are you using for your coco.
i heard its best to use the canna line such as coco a+b, pk 13/14, rhizotonic, cannazym. but they are pricey
i also saw a REZ feeding schedule and he was using GH line.
i would like to see what most coco growers on here use.
please list from early cuts till flower

seeding-bio-roots
early cutting- half strength GH series flora mirco, veg, flower
vegging-GH series, flora mirco, veg, cal-mag+
flower- GH series, flora bloom, kool bloom

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
I would suggest using the Rezipe to start off with. It is simple...and will not break the bank. It is also incredibly effective.

Eventually you will want to experiment with other nutes...but I think everyone starts out cutting their teeth on the lucas formula...or modified lucas formula in Rez's case.

good luck!

C

Carl Carlson

Peters Hydro + Calcium Nitrate + Epsom Salts

Seedlings - 400w MH or HP - EC 1.2 from 5th node.

From there, only go up in strength only if need be.

Plain water for the last 3-7 days.

Cutty

I ahve ran a few nutrient programs (Botanicare, Future Harvest Development, and GH) Once I found the Rezicipe I haven't looked back.

My pH is more stable, the plants love it, and it's toilet flush simple.

Azzazal

i am working on my 1st coco grow and i see a lot of different growing method on here. i would like to know what kind of nute are you using for your coco.
i heard its best to use the canna line such as coco a+b, pk 13/14, rhizotonic, cannazym. but they are pricey
i also saw a REZ feeding schedule and he was using GH line.
i would like to see what most coco growers on here use.
please list from early cuts till flower

seeding-bio-roots
early cutting- half strength GH series flora mirco, veg, flower
vegging-GH series, flora mirco, veg, cal-mag+
flower- GH series, flora bloom, kool bloom

It can't get easier than the canna, buy the 5l a an b and litres of the rest except for boost, buy some topmax.
5l packs will last a good few grows. about 35/40 sterling.

This saves all the pissing about with epson, calmag and any other smart ideas folks have. Just PH water feed full str from day one as per the calculator on the wb.

Or you could simply use chempak2 for veg and 4 for flowering and nothing else. it is by far the cheapest method of all.

rashboy99

From rooted clone

45ml optimum supermax B1/20L H2o
40ml optimum B / 20L H2o
40ml optimum A / 20L H2o
90ml advanced nutes big bud /20L h2o

last feeding is flush around 10L H2o through coco for each plant

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
FloraNova Bloom (2.5-5ml per gal.) I start young plants/cuts off on 2.5ml per gal. and increase up to 5mil per gallon through peak veg & flower

Florablend (5ml per gal.) Great for rooting seedling/cutting/early veg.

MagiCal (2.5-5ml per gal.) I use this to prep the coco before planting, and use as needed throughout the grow for the odd deficiency/heavy feeders.

Koolbloom (5ml per gallon) Used during peak flower. I add it to my nutrient solution during weeks 3, 5, and 7.

PH 5.8-6 for coco
Easy & effective, and relatively cheap;)

I also give A+++ for Rez's gh flora regimen.

Last edited:
E

edgey

canna a&b from seedling with molasses , pk13/14 and headmasta added during flowering .

flush 7-25 days depending on the strain

edgey

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High! I wouldnt listen to anything that postguy says..:snap out of it: ...lol
But seriously...for pure simplicity/$$$ sake, i run straight flora 6ml micro/9ml bloom from start to finish. w/ koolbloom last three weeks.
I feed once a day with lots of run off(postman tip..lol):tiphat:

while some strains do better than others, ive sorta bread my strain to that recipe. So it does perfect. when others get hungry ill toss them a lil' tussin(calmag)...lol
Peace, bugout

dunkydunk

Canna isn't that expensive if you drop the extras and go with only the a+b and p/k. The Rhizo is helpful, cannazyme is only needed if you want to reuse the coco, and the jury is still out cost benefit of boost, which is crazy expensive.

JohnnyBud

I just finished my first grow today with canna a/b, rhizo, molasses, advanced sensizym. I chopped down a mini-monster autoflower, barely 13 inches tall that had 3 colas the size of my forearm. I dont check wet weight but it looks like it'll end up at least 2 dry ounces. I have never seen such lush growth on such a tiny plant in my life. (nirvana short rider) Overall I am very impressed with coco, it has been a real learning experience and I did make mistakes but now I have it dialed in! I will never go back to soil.

week 1: 5 ml cal/mag, 14 ml rhizotonic (handwatering)

week 2: 5 ml cal/mag, 14 ml rhizotonic, I start off A&B when she grows her first real leaves)

week 3: 2 ml/g A&B, 10 ml rhizotonic, 1/2tsp molasses (I add 1ml of pk13/14 when the first pistils show up.

week 4: 5 ml/g A&B, 7 ml rhizotonic, 1/2 tsp molasses, 1ml pk13/14, 6ml sensizym

week 5: 7 ml/g A&B, 5 ml rhizotonic, 1/2 tsp molasses, 2ml pk13/14, 7 ml senzizym

week 6: 8 ml/g A&B, 2 ml rhizotonic, 1/2 tsp molasses, 4ml pk13/14 8 ml sensizym

week 7: 8 ml/g A&B, 1/2 tsp molasses, 4 ml pk13/14, 8ml sensizym

week 8: 8 ml/b A&B, 1 tsp molasses, 2ml pk 13/14, 8ml sensizym

week 9: flush out, 1 tsp molasses only.

this is the schedule I followed. I know pk13/14 is supposed to be one week only but my resulting plant proved to me that a staggered pk13/14 feeding is just fine if not advantageous. These are the densest buds I have ever grown. Coco is awesome.

I thought id throw this out there since there are always folks looking for some type of guideline on their first try.

Last edited:
is there some kind of ec chart on how you should feed in coco?

i thought i saw not to go over 1.8 ec in coco, and to always feed untill your final flush.
also to always keep things stable, ie ec and ph....

would it be better to start at a certain ec and to maintain it throughout the grow? or is it better to slowly raise your ec from like 1 to 1.8 over several weeks?

this is if one was going from clone not seed.........thanks for your input yall.

flyer

Canna isn't that expensive if you drop the extras and go with only the a+b and p/k. The Rhizo is helpful, cannazyme is only needed if you want to reuse the coco, and the jury is still out cost benefit of boost, which is crazy expensive.
i know canna does not cost an arm and a leg but i would like to see what others/ more experience coco growers schedule is.

something like johnnybud is what i am looking for... rep+
I just finished my first grow today with canna a/b, rhizo, molasses, advanced sensizym. I chopped down a mini-monster autoflower, barely 13 inches tall that had 3 colas the size of my forearm. I dont check wet weight but it looks like it'll end up at least 2 dry ounces. I have never seen such lush growth on such a tiny plant in my life. (nirvana short rider) Overall I am very impressed with coco, it has been a real learning experience and I did make mistakes but now I have it dialed in! I will never go back to soil.

week 1: 5 ml cal/mag, 14 ml rhizotonic (handwatering)

week 2: 5 ml cal/mag, 14 ml rhizotonic, I start off A&B when she grows her first real leaves)

week 3: 2 ml/g A&B, 10 ml rhizotonic, 1/2tsp molasses (I add 1ml of pk13/14 when the first pistils show up.

week 4: 5 ml/g A&B, 7 ml rhizotonic, 1/2 tsp molasses, 1ml pk13/14, 6ml sensizym

week 5: 7 ml/g A&B, 5 ml rhizotonic, 1/2 tsp molasses, 2ml pk13/14, 7 ml senzizym

week 6: 8 ml/g A&B, 2 ml rhizotonic, 1/2 tsp molasses, 4ml pk13/14 8 ml sensizym

week 7: 8 ml/g A&B, 1/2 tsp molasses, 4 ml pk13/14, 8ml sensizym

week 8: 8 ml/b A&B, 1 tsp molasses, 2ml pk 13/14, 8ml sensizym

week 9: flush out, 1 tsp molasses only.

this is the schedule I followed. I know pk13/14 is supposed to be one week only but my resulting plant proved to me that a staggered pk13/14 feeding is just fine if not advantageous. These are the densest buds I have ever grown. Coco is awesome.

I thought id throw this out there since there are always folks looking for some type of guideline on their first try.

coco nutes

coco nutes

I run organic..but have had a side coco project going for the past 2 years to dial it in. I like to know how the different strains i have react, before i commit to a new method. I see many new growers blaming the nutrients, when the strains themselves are often the reason there were issues.

Strains tested so far are

Super Skunk - This cut was an amazing one chosen by a friend,
an amazing pheno with a butterscotch / lemon scent and a powerful high.

TGA Jack the Ripper - This one i grew from seed. This is pure lemon candy, like the TGA description, done in 8 weeks, and a real treat if you leave it 9 weeks. Smells like a haze on steroids..lovely

Dr. Atomic Shiva -
Slower growing mostly Indica, huge, but not very heavy buds
what promised as a "f@cked up narcotic" high, is a mediocre high that keeps you awake..too funny..

Blueberry - taken from a rogue seed, from a cut that has been moving around here for years.The plant was true to the original, so
i am thinking it was a hermie from the heat, as no hermie traits at all.

Nutes

I have tried : GH Floronova,and House and Garden line.
I have added aditives once i had a baseline for each strain.

My thoughts :

House and Garden Coco

a nice "clean" line of nutes..but
with even my heaviest feeder ( Super Skunk ) i could get nowhere near the suggested ratios .Finally I used 5ml of a and b per gallon of water for full growth...
This ratio, with added Calmag, worked well for the entire cycle.
Even without Calmag,There seemed too be too much nitrogen for mid to late flower.

I didn't use the rest of the expensive additives.....i also don't drive a Jaguar for the same reason :)

With no additives, except for Calmag - except for the Blueberry all of the plants did well with 5ml of a and 5 ml of b , plus 5ml of Calmag. I drop the Calmag the last 3 weeks and then drop all nutes for the last 10 days. I used Epsom salts for the Shiva when i drop the Calmag because the Shiva sucks up Calmag like a sponge and needs it up till flush.

I have also done this same ratio, then added Liquid Karma, and molasses, every second day, and 1/8 teaspoon Kool Bloom powder per gallon. In the end, there was a small increase in weight, but there was an eye appeal.
Be careful with adding KoolBloom powder to an already high EC solution in coco. It can burn the plants so go slow !

I am now trying only Kool Bloom powder, and Liquid Karma for weeks 5 and 6. We'l' see what that does. I really like keeping the green down the last few weeks

The Blueberry did the least well in Coco. It just can't handle high EC and is fussy even with low to mid EC. I prefer to grow that one in an organic mix..

FLoronova

I had a bottle lying around and thats how I got into Coco...i said why not !!

I used 5ml per gallon Floranova bloom and 2.5 ml gallon Calmag. The blueberry once again just couldn't hold up, so it got knocked back to half strength..thats a bargain for sure.
I always use full strength on smaller plants, as long as they still aren't having any trouble.

I also use Floranova grow, in veg..as it does a bit better than the bloom only. Sometimes i add fish ferts ( yes I know O God fish in Coco !)...but holy crap if you use it a few times in veg or early flower it helps give you the lush look.

I was blown away by the results from nutes i had lying around.
Great growth..sometimes backing off even that 5ml per gallon when i saw tip burn that bothered me. I most likely can get rid of the Calmag for the Super Skunk , but the others need it for sure.
A nice treat, and reminded me of the DWC in the old days

Again..some plants got a bit denser when I added Karma, KoolBloom or Hydroplex..but it seems like those higher P and K can be tricky to get right in Coco.

My final thoughts :

If you have experience, you can try any nutes, as long as you have the experience to identify and deal with issues as they arise.
I would say that if you are starting off, avoid almost all of the additives for a run or two. Without any extras, an amazing crop is always possible

I also use Floranova grow, in veg..as it does a bit better than the bloom only. Sometimes i add fish ferts ( yes I know O God fish in Coco !)...but holy crap if you use it a few times in veg or early flower it helps give you the lush look.

I boost my Flora Nova in veg with a bladder full of my own urine added to a five gallon tank. Yeah, I know it's a little gross, but it gives me that same "lush look" but for free.

I'm a cheap bastard.

I boost my Flora Nova in veg with a bladder full of my own urine added to a five gallon tank. Yeah, I know it's a little gross, but it gives me that same "lush look" but for free.

I'm a cheap bastard.

maybe i'll try that outdoors first !

I just thought I would try the fish ferts since i have some for teas and light foliar. I don't know if I would use it more than a few times. I
I wonder if regular, light use in coco could mess with the media ?

Attachments

• r1small.jpg
    r1small.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 5
  • r2small.jpg
    r2small.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 6
  • b2small.jpg
    b2small.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 10

JohnnyBud

i know canna does not cost an arm and a leg but i would like to see what others/ more experience coco growers schedule is.

something like johnnybud is what i am looking for... rep+

Hey thanks man. I hope it works out with huge buds!

herbless

Hey thanks man. I hope it works out with huge buds!

ROFLMAO
Urine?
my old Grandma did da same for all her lushy geranium.
Every night she went outside home's door and filled da bucket she empty in the morning... giving it all di night time to "oxygenate">
but me neva tried pon weed.

Mr Apricot

I use AN micro,bloom,grow & 3 tsp per gallon Epson salt. Works like a charm and i find that cal isn't really a issue just mag.

Latest posts

Latest posts