Veteran
Reminds me of the mashing stick once used in chicken
production.

The culled chicks were funneled to this station where a
poor soul's job was to mash the chicks in a bowl with a
heavy mesh bottom.

The resulting product was collected and reincorporated
into the diet of the chickens.

The mashing process is automated these days.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Still don't know what it is..

If i find out what it is, you all will be the next to know.
:good:

Cuddles

is it heavy? it´s sort of shaped like a dumbbell / barbell so perhaps it´s something to do with sports?

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Reminds me of the mashing stick once used in chicken
production.

The culled chicks were funneled to this station where a
poor soul's job was to mash the chicks in a bowl with a
heavy mesh bottom.

The resulting product was collected and reincorporated
into the diet of the chickens.

The mashing process is automated these days.
That's horrible man. Poor things. Someone's got to fix all this stuff to make it better for the animals

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
is it heavy? it´s sort of shaped like a dumbbell / barbell so perhaps it´s something to do with sports?
I is heavy wood.. I feel like the dumbbell but I dont think it is one.
I'm "guessing" that it is a spool for a large old commercial wooden loom but I really have no idea. I been asking folks for over 20 years and no for sure conclusions.

Cuddles

Snook, have you tried antiques shops or someone who knows about design, crafts etc?
I bet there is someone who knows what that thing was intendet for :)

And when you find out, please tell us. I´m curious too ;)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
there may not be anyone left living that really knows what that is. just like the old sailing ships, there is no one alive today that really "knows" how to sail one correctly, in which circumstances etc you raise/lower certain sets of sails. damn shame we have let so much knowledge slip through our fingers simply because we found a "better way" of doing things...progress, bah.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Snook, have you tried antiques shops or someone who knows about design, crafts etc?
I bet there is someone who knows what that thing was intendet for :)

And when you find out, please tell us. I´m curious too ;)
Thanks for the interest but I've sent out information requests to woodworking operations, historical sites and others.. I'm not saying there isn't a 'really' good operation to request information from but I'm about getting played out searching... but I agree, someone knows what it is.. someday..

Cuddles

I just had another look at the first pic. And the the handle is thicker in the middle just like a dumbbell :)

hey Snook, whilst you´re trying to figure out just what the hell this thing is really about.... how about trying to do some workouts with it ? Have you tried this yet? :) Meryy christmas btw

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I just had another look at the first pic. And the the handle is thicker in the middle just like a dumbbell :)

hey Snook, whilst you´re trying to figure out just what the hell this thing is really about.... how about trying to do some workouts with it ? Have you tried this yet? :) Meryy christmas btw
Yes, I've done curls with it but it only weighs 5-7lbs, so light workout. Dont thik its a dumbbell though.

and yes, Merry Christmas... and waiting for good riddance to 2020 and a much brighter 2021... HNY!

Latest posts

Latest posts