What's new

What is the most affordable property values in Nor Cal that isn't getto

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
I'm looking at buying some property in the near future and looking to find a property that has a bit of acreage (10+) and maybe a house or not, depending on what the vibe of the property is like and if a home can be built there legally.

I don't really like getto places and I like small towns. No tweeker towns (IE lake county), no gang BS or a lot of theft. Hippies are AOK.

Give me some opinions on affordable places please.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
what do you consider affordable? just so people have an idea of what to recommend?

where i'm at there are parcels of raw land approx 40 acres for between 40 and 120k.

Mr Celsius

Veteran
Thats kind of what I'm trying to figure out. Where I am, 10 acres is pretty much a minimum of 600k, so I'm trying to gauge other places and what they are like.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where I live a 10 acre lot regularly goes for a cool million, yes $1,000,000.00 easily, now if you want the mountains with the meth heads and "other" growers, both good and bad...cut that in half.....good luck, like someone already said the FARTHER out you go, the cheaper your neighbors are and so is the land lmao...... Good luck brah!

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
im in the 530 shasta county.

listed prices are for places 30 miles outside of Redding or so.

dirt cheap beautiful wilderness but rugged land in the foothills.

cartel is our biggest problem. :no:

S

SeaMaiden

Actually, I'm going to recommend anywhere in the Sierra Nevada range, though I'm not familiar with prices on the eastern scarp (Bishop, Lone Pine, Big Pine, those areas). In my area prices are still dropping. Altitude (which equals growing and/or ranching out here, also access during winter) often dictates price, the higher in altitude you go (til you hit Kirkwood, I'm in Amador) the lower the price until you get to ski resort altitudes.

I personally would recommend looking specifically in Calaveras County, due to the cultivation laws in the counties both north and south of me, as well as what's just gone down in my county. Mountain Ranch area is GORGEOUS, and Mark Twain was probably there. In fact, we're going to the Frog Jump tomorrow! I've never been.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Frog jump s awesome...get good n baked....watch frogs race....laugh hilariously until you get so paranoid from others watching you , you leave.....not saying if I ever did that though.....lol

Mr Celsius

Veteran
lol mega

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I'll look around, most of it just looks... meh. I guess there's a reason property is expensive where I live... its much more awesome then cheap places...lol :sadface:

Endur

Veteran
Actually, I'm going to recommend anywhere in the Sierra Nevada range, though I'm not familiar with prices on the eastern scarp (Bishop, Lone Pine, Big Pine, those areas). In my area prices are still dropping. Altitude (which equals growing and/or ranching out here, also access during winter) often dictates price, the higher in altitude you go (til you hit Kirkwood, I'm in Amador) the lower the price until you get to ski resort altitudes.

I personally would recommend looking specifically in Calaveras County, due to the cultivation laws in the counties both north and south of me, as well as what's just gone down in my county. Mountain Ranch area is GORGEOUS, and Mark Twain was probably there. In fact, we're going to the Frog Jump tomorrow! I've never been.

Frog jump s awesome...get good n baked....watch frogs race....laugh hilariously until you get so paranoid from others watching you , you leave.....not saying if I ever did that though.....lol

I'll third Calaveras County.
I am re-locating there next week.
Spent a good two weeks, looking for an ideal location.
Found one just outside Murphys.
$800 month, 2 bedroom,2 bath, sits off the main road, with a nice gravel road to the property.
Elevation 2000 ft, and its in small pines,oak, and maybe snows 2 times a year.

The farther east you head out of Murphys it get less expensive, but MORE snow.

Yes the good ol Frog Jump, It is crazy how many people show up for that event.
Murphys was cracking, and so was Angels,

Good Luck on finding a place.
Peace
Endur

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Patterson,ca $425,000 9.7 acres with a 4 bd house 3800SF MLS/ID:12022767

Address: 1649 Olive Ave
Patterson , CA Price: $450,000
MLS ID #: 12024271 3 bedrooms , 1 baths, 1 half-bath
1771 Sq.Ft., 19.44 Acres Lot Resale, Residential, Other
Built in 1970

This area is flat land. not many neighbor's if any

Last edited:
so in doing a job search it seems there are reasonable opportunities for a 9-5 in the patterson area too..hmmmm...thanks op for this thread and thanks contributors.

Z

Z-ro

I dont know where some of you people are looking, but on average in the 707, a grow spot of 40 acres roughs about 2-300k depending on water, power, accessibility, sun exposure, demand(which is high), and plantability(soils ie sandy loam, red clay etc). If its cheap, chances are you will have tweaker neighbors, in fact thats a high possibility no matter where you look in norcal, in my area there are multi million dollar ranches right next to tweaker pads with 15 cars in the drive. if you go out super deep wilderness you can find land for 1000 per acre(200+ acre minimum) but you likely wont be able to build and might have accessibility issues. the property im on now was 750k for 640 acres.

edit: I should add though, most of the demand I see for land is usually coming from renters/lessees, I dont see a whole lot of parcels selling, lots of for sale from people trying to get out, seems political climate is changing rapidly.

Endur

Veteran
ya, Patterson is Farm/Dairy land.
A-lot of cotton/hay/alfalfa/& almonds are farmed there.
Also the valley is plagued with caterpillars during summer/fall months.

I grew up 45 miles from there. It's very flat, hot as hell in the valley, during the Summer, 105 frequently.
Modesto would possibly have better Employment opportunity.
Peace
Endur

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im in Tracy if you want land and 10+ you wont find it around here. You gotta go out Patterson,Los Banos,Turlock

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im in Tracy if you want land and 10+ you wont find it around here. You gotta go out Patterson,Los Banos,Turlock. Yes it

Latest posts

Latest posts