What's new

What is the best strain you have ever grown outdoors?

jagdog3

About this time every year i start driving myself crazy trying to decide what to grow.Maybe hearing some of ur favorites will help me decide.

Bulldog11

Veteran
No question Sour Diesel or 4sd (sour D x Chem Dog). Killer Queen Redux was great outdoors also.

Don't listen to anyone else. Get some hybrids from hell stuff. They will finish properly and will be dank. Don't take any chances.

Bulldog11

Veteran
not sure why angustotse would say not to listen to anybody else. However, I have grown outdoors for 10 seasons now and I have grown many different strains during that time. Sour D and 4sd came out the best out of all those strains. Also, what is hell stuff?

T

theJointedOne

yeah i like bulldog11's 4sd really nics pics in his gallery of some primo outdoor grown cannabis.

I have about twenty sdbx1.5 x wonder diesel i am gonna play with this year, i just hope they arent lanky plants and actually have some nice structure but i know they will be super dank!

i think jagdog you should get something that fits the needs of your location. imo

Bulldog11

Veteran
Very true theJointedOne. Most important thing about outdoor growing is matching your environment. Sour D might be great for me in California in the Bay Area. However, if you live up in Canada you will never see your harvest. Maybe you could give us more details.

Bulldog11

Veteran
Another thread to read up on is the thread in Tom Hill's forums. I forget the name but it has to do with growing monster plants. They talk a lot about different strains for outdoor growing and what yields the best and what produces the best product. Great info there. MONSTER PLANTS AND BUDS!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
DGS.............merlins magic......outstanding.......... MAXIMUM... yield
clones in 5 dayz..............and gives up lushes....lushes frosty BUDz....

I was luck enuff to run these as a tester for the Lady...DG.....
and have kept a clone from last summer......to VEG..........all year long untill next may.......then she goes outside to become the tree that she is destined to be........
and @ already.....3 ft tall and 3 ft wide.............she'Z gone be stellar.....on a whole another level.............
DGS....plans to release these early in 2011...for the spring fling.....

itz A Hybrid mix of Acapulco Gold x C99........and taken @ 12 wks outside she is amazing..........

on another note......for a truly......killer outside..... experience....

go w/ the Sam the Skunkman......the Old School Thai Haze X Skunk....
was a phenomenal....side project last summer and ended up being a CHARM to run and grow......left outside until...late NOV......and cured since then......just started smok'in this stuff.....for New-years Day.................and OMG.........the Thai just rings thru...in such a spicy....uplifting myndboggeling sortA....way......
VERY....much showcasing the real reason why SAM.....is a true MASTER........
https://www.seedboutique.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=58&products_id=927

Hybrid Whooa

Location and late season weather plays a huge role in outdoors for most of us, and also finishing times. When does the SD and 4SD finish outside and at what latitude, and how is its mold resistance?

Bulldog11

Veteran
4sd finished early October with no mold for me. California, bay area. Some caterpillar damage.

jagdog3

Thanks for the info so far,i'll check out the strains mentioned.By the way i'm at about 36n.I usually have to harvest by mid october.

northstate

ICMag Donor
I am at 42deg and took SD, GDP and Hindu Skunk until Oct.23rd but I have to say after seeing them all outside after a few inside runs, that SD is the winner. Great color, crazy red trichs and kept packin on weight until chop oh yeah did I mention the taste? Your evnvironment is the decider though. Many choices out there and DEFINATELY read the "growing large plants outdoors" thread in T.Hills seed forum, revolutionary for sure. NS

B

bcell

For NE US (cool and wet fall), Magnus Early Biddy (potency) and Sagamartha Early Riser (yield).

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Something with the Early's in them. Some skunk, Jack/SSH, NL-phenos will be great too! Some early outdoors don't have that pungent skunk funk like those can <<.
Purt, Deep Chunk and Erdbeer hybrids.
And Hindu Kush and Bubblegum, but preferebly crossed together
and a lot more.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hybrids From Hell are seeds from a poster on here named esbe? i think that's his name. His stuff is on seedbay, he gives out 13 seeds in a pack and they're pretty cheap price wise. I was going to order Purple Nepal, but i held off because a friend on here is going to donate me seeds.. thanks buddy can't wait until they get here! :thank you:

Depends on ur growing conditions i guess..but if u want a plant that will take sum abuse then Farah Kush is the way to go...SGS is the breeder...beans are on seedbay

My ave. yield was 10 oz..small holes, no real rain for 2 months.waterd every 2 weeks.90+ deg every day..If i was able to takecare of plants like u shud then these wud have been true monster's...Smoke is 7/10 also it is a very nice strain to make crosses with..FKx diesel or FK x haze is very nice:dance013:

This plant lost the top in a very bad wind storm 2 wks b4 harvest..Harvested oct 10

Attachments

• SANY0385.jpg
    SANY0385.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 8
  • SANY0387.jpg
    SANY0387.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 6

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Agree with bcell. I'm in the northeast and have to harvest at the end of Sept, to avoid mold. Both Early Riser and Biddy Early were great for me. I prefer BE.
Mixed reviews of Sag as of late, as well?!?! Not sure what to think.
I've also grown KC 36 and Leda Uno in my area, 6-7 years ago, with good results.
Mr. Nice Early Skunk preformed well for me, but the smoke was not the best, and tasted like hay. To be fair the seeds, were old, and from a seed bank I'm not used to dealing with.
Will be running BE, this year and would like to try Early Queen from Mr. Nice as well.