What's new

What if there is no temp change between night and day?

Water converted into THC oil in the plant?

This strikes me as being fundamentally incorrect... someone correct me if this somehow makes sense. Does Jesus work for AN?

SacredBreh

Hey Wolf that explains the price, eh?

Hey Wolf that explains the price, eh?

Must cost a lot to keep Jesus on the payroll.

Peace

G

growingcrazy

Well that's one hell of a response from everyone!! That was an interesting read, we are experienced growers, but never got a clear answer to that question. So now there is another one on the table..........

Is there a way to set a portable AC unit to change between night and day....

Change the setting manually?

I noticed an increase in growth rate by going from 75-85 to 74 to 76 throughout the entire veg cycle. No scientific data, I just assumed that plants would do there best between moderate temps. Flower chamber ranges from 76-81 if there are high ambient temps(attic grow).

I would like to raise temps about 5 degrees and supplement Co2 but I can't justify that. I gained .2 gpw just from the constant temps. Same strain and feeding schedules.

I am not saying constant temps are what is best. I just think that constant temps is a lot better for growth than temps that are too warm. Ideally I would like to run 75 day 60-65 night and do a few runs like that to compare. Due to my arrangement that can only happen in the winter, so I will be doing that then.

chilliswillis

Sorry for digging up a dead thread, but I have a related question. My night time temps actually go up a little bit. I have an AC blowing into my closet that keeps it around 71-74 degrees F during the day. Every night when the lights go out I close my closet door and remove the AC. When I open it in the morning the temps usually read 77-78 degrees. I'll be upgrading my setup to a sealed grow room next grow so I won't have these issues. Does anyone think warmer night temps are a significant source of stress?

STUPPA

What if the steady temp in the room is 80F? I know people say a 10 degree change is good but what if it stays the same temp? This is during flowering cycle.......

Thanks in advance :smokin:

The closer you keep your nightime temps to your daytime temps the better IMO ,at any time in the plants life aswell . The plants always take a certain amount of time before they are "functioning fully" if they have to warm up to their optimum temps ,why not keep them at the optimum temps 24/7 ?.

We know that plants love being around 27 c ( 80f ) when they are growing so surely it makes sense to keep them at that temp all the time.

I like to try and keep my temps consistant even in winter when it costs $$$ to do this , the increase in yield usually out weighs the cost of extra heating tho.

STUPPA

Sorry for digging up a dead thread, but I have a related question. My night time temps actually go up a little bit. I have an AC blowing into my closet that keeps it around 71-74 degrees F during the day. Every night when the lights go out I close my closet door and remove the AC. When I open it in the morning the temps usually read 77-78 degrees. I'll be upgrading my setup to a sealed grow room next grow so I won't have these issues. Does anyone think warmer night temps are a significant source of stress?

Not at all , you will probably find that your yield will be better now than when you don't have hotter night time temps.

The plants are loving it like this ,they don't have to warm up when the lights come on and can just start growing straight away.