What's new

what if i catch my girlfriends 13 yr old daughter smoking weed.

NOKUY

Veteran
ok so my gf's daughter came home smellin like weed.

shes on summer break.

shes almost 14

shes in band, goes to mall, and into lookin 4 trouble.

she doesnt drink...

how do we get to her?

K

K-pax

Man I feel you on this one my kids are rather young still but I have pondered this myself, I started when I was 11 and How can you be mad at them but I guess the thing to do is make sure that they are being safe and not stupid..

Tell her it will cause one of her nipples to become inverted and nobody like a chicken that has 3 feet. Be sure to remind her elephants can't do the chicken dance while chasing mice on bicycles during a marathon.
All while reminding her drugs are for crazy people like you and I.

The rambling might scare her away from the weed 'til she's in the collage days..

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
our daughter smoked at that age also....not much you can do yukon, but like K said,try to make sure they are safe and not doing too much dumb stuff[they all do at that age] and keep the communication open...keep talking to her, don't lecture, she wont listen,shes going to do what shes going to do, just be there for her and keep the lines of communication open. Our daughter is 25 now and in school and is going great, and a puffer just like mom :D

feltonmuggs

be an honest parent and express your opinions, not only on drugs (mj and others), but on making adult decisions in general.

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
That's a tough one YUK....Dare I say I find myself turning into my father :yoinks:

Some good advice from the folks here, I think it's a crap shoot when you're trying to teach kids about responsibility and moderation.....unfortunately, experience ends up doing most of the teaching....If my stoner brain remembers correctly.

GL Bro

K

kiree

Say : " you can smoke, noone will bother you...but dont get caught by the cops, cause if they discover my grow room...i will break your fu*kin ass ! " That should make her at least think about the consequences :D.

And you can also come back in her room after 2 minutes and say "oh, i forgot this...dont get too stoned because you will get your pu**y pumped by some weired guy on the street! " Now that should really make her think twice before smoking :D !

now lets be serious....you cant do much, explain the effects and try to find out if she smokes regularly or just tried it. and say that if she really wants to smoke, you will give her the stuff, ao at least she wont be wasting money...

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does she know you grow ?

Does she consider you her father ?

A friend of mine got busted because his step-daughter was pissed because the parents wouldn't let her see a boyfriend. So she tipped off the police to coke dealing when there wasn't any just the grow they found when they raided the house.

S_a_H

whiterabbit9

Veteran
kids nowaddays know that if you lay a hand on them

(Especially if your growing drugs, because some kids even blackmail their parents)

they know they just report you and you have some big problems

Asil

I remember when I found out my son was smoking. He was like 13. I have always been honest with my kids about what I have done. I just talk to him and explained some basic ground rules to him. I told him that if he was going to do it I would prefer that he did it at home and never carry anything with him. So far, 3.5 years later all is well except he is a total pothead now. But he holds a full time job and pays his bills not more I can ask of him.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Under the circumstances pot might not be so bad. I came home one night and the house smelled like some kind of fumes. Can't imagine what the kids were huffing, then I saw a can of Dream Whip in the fridge I didn't buy.

Talking to my then 13 year old step daughter didn't work. She denied experimenting and there was no way I could take the "be safe as possible" approach when we're talking about huffing fumes. I wish you two the best and I'm glad you're communicating. Mrs. Babba has some good advice about that.

It probably depends on how close you and the mother are. You aren't the daddy, so you shouldn't do anything directly at this point - share your observations with the mother, and let her take the lead.

If, on the other hand, you guys are living together, basically as husband and wife (minus the paperwork) - that's another, more complicated issue, and you should have more a direct say on what goes on in your shared household.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
bor i wish i could tell ya but in my case i got an alien for a kid ,he was not your normal everday kid that does dumb shit ,i used to ask him WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY REAL KID HE DIDNT GIVE ME NOT 1 PROBLEM for the last 14 yrs i had custody of him and he was so easy to raise im so proud of my son .sorry to hijack with my ramblin

Capn

Show her erowid. Show her some crazy videos of people on meth wacked out in the streets. Show her videos of people on heroin blacked out and dead. Show her the consiquences and let her make the decisions. From my experiences growing up and watching friends grow up that's how it turns out. They shrug off parents bitching and moaning and keep on keeping on. The only kids that turned out alright were the ones that stayed involved and kept things positive. Once its a power struggle the kids become vindictive and self righteous to a delirious extent.

Parents don't raise the children any more. Society is the real mold of the clay we call children IMHO. Once they're adults and develop fully mentally, it seems they kind of either shake off blinders or absorb the BS society teaches wholly and eagerly.

Parents arn't powerless like I make it seem tho. Depending on the kind of relations they have with the child, the suggestions made to the child can have much weight. Give them as much information as they're willing to take. The key is to make them interested. It shouldn't be hard since if they're already experimenting. Share personal experiences you've had with all drugs good or bad.

If I was your girl (lol) I would be making some consequences for any drug related action she takes untill shes 18. My parents loved to make me clean/do yard work.

Molson

Tough one. Just gotta remember you guys are the parents, not her friends.

14 is pretty young. Makes me cringe to think how naive and stupid I was I was at that age. The upside is getting caught by the police with paraphernalia and/or bud is just a slap on the wrist, gets expunged, and yer good to go.

To be honest, I'd be more concerned finding birth control pills in her purse and/or condom wrappers etc. However you decide to handle the situation make sure it's clear that weed/paraphernalia goes nowhere near school. I always bought weed at school because it was so damn convenient, then one day I took it in the butt from the 'X factor' where I got in trouble for X. X led to Y which led to Z which then lead to my locker, and that day, of all the fucking days in the school year I happened to have a baggie of weed in my locker. My academics were decent but the colleges that I was capable of getting into and my 'reach' schools were like "O hai, nice drug suspension on yer permanent record, rejected, k bye".

Never the less, I'm happy where I'm at. It's not as 'prestigious' or 'well known' as some other schools but I like it. The point is, it was a stupid mistake having drugs with me at school. My buddy works at a school and says that random locker search day always turns up a few fun prizes. They have local LE come in with K9s. No reason to chance it.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
You said it was your girlfriends daughter. The real question is what would your girlfriend want you to do. Maybe the GF would like to be kept in the loop. As for me I didn't touch anything until college, but drinking is a way huger problem IMO.

Peace :joint: