What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Happened to Living Together?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It ain't hard to notice who's being humane. Posting anything some people don't agree with causes their hate to surface. Its not hard to disagree without injecting hate.

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
... start by looking in the mirror. Your vitriol is living proof of the latter!

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This would be a perfect example. The lack of maturity in these threads is astonishing. Id bet the adults can tell the difference where the lack of humanity comes from.

Veggia farmer

- Seems to be that humanity - is forgetting about being HUMANE - and needs to be reminded - constantly -

View Image

That`s funny as shit and sad as hell in the same time.

Seems like one of my dog can walk beside me without a leash and focus on that more than a lot of us can fokus without being distracted from being humane. And by what? Ego? Same with me, I`m no better then anyone. Just try to do my best.

"Did my ego get to big?"

Ego`s often clogs a effective communication, same as unsolved nutrients in a drip stake. A little is good, to much and everything stops.

But why do we ALWAYS forget and need to be reminded? Hmm. I got something to think about this morning I guess.

And in the end of the day, "harder they come, harder they fall"

Have a great day!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Problem is that with maybe 10% of the worlds population acting humane or at least aspiring to be so - the other 90% will gobble them up with rampant tribalism - and will look at the 10%'s humane attitude as a weakness - to be taken advantage of - used - and abused - this is a problem - with social/political mind-sets evolving to be so diverse throughout humanity -

That`s funny as shit and sad as hell in the same time.

Seems like one of my dog can walk beside me without a leash and focus on that more than a lot of us can fokus without being distracted from being humane. And by what? Ego? Same with me, I`m no better then anyone. Just try to do my best.

"Did my ego get to big?"

Ego`s often clogs a effective communication, same as unsolved nutrients in a drip stake. A little is good, to much and everything stops.

But why do we ALWAYS forget and need to be reminded? Hmm. I got something to think about this morning I guess.

And in the end of the day, "harder they come, harder they fall"

Have a great day!

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
It's sad that some of the answers here have been:

"Well, the other half..."

You have to live with those people -- unless you decide that it's worth going to war with them and killing/being killed.

Any other possibility requires living with those people.

Is it not possible to live with people well? To do so in such a way that benefits everyone, including you?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Humanity isn't the good guys. Know how many stories there are about a species meeting homo sapiens and both species being better off for it? Zero. Know how many stories there are about species meeting homo sapiens and being eaten to extinction? Too many to count.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Humanity isn't the good guys. Know how many stories there are about a species meeting homo sapiens and both species being better off for it? Zero. Know how many stories there are about species meeting homo sapiens and being eaten to extinction? Too many to count.

their fault for being so delicious!:biglaugh:

I'll tell you what really has my scratching my noggin are the hardcore partisans on DMT or shrooms forums. You would think if any demographic would be above political shit flinging, it'd be the DMT crowd, but...wow, you'd be wrong!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
you should work where i do. 19 out of 23 on my shift are Trumpites.

DuskrayTroubador wrote about this. <So we have people who rely on media for their picture of the world -- and to be very frank, I've noticed that people have relegated what they see in-person, with their own eyes in deference to what the media tells them; in other words, people seem to be implicitly of the belief that what one sees with one's own eyes is unimportant or simply "anecdotal" if it conflicts with a mainstream narrative.>

I post this because the media has whipped people into a frenzy about Trump winning another term. When he does via ballots, the media has already primed people to resist and question the mail voting - and here we go again for four more years.

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The main theme that runs through the book is that we in the commercial media now are financially incentivized to wind people up and make them angry with each other. Whereas in the old days of media, back in the days when we had three networks and just a couple of newspaper chains, we had exactly the opposite dynamic in media. The idea was to make the audiences less wound up and actually more placid because we were trying to reach the widest possible audience," Taibbi said. "Now what we do is we have a divided demographic where, you know, MSNBC goes after liberals, Fox goes after conservatives, and the easiest financial route to success is just making those groups angry with each other."

Summed up nicely by Matt Tiabbi

Amynamous

How about yeasts and molds that are used in the production of beer, wine:friends:, cheeses, etc.
And fungi.:gday:

h.h.

Veteran
DuskrayTroubador wrote about this. <So we have people who rely on media for their picture of the world -- and to be very frank, I've noticed that people have relegated what they see in-person, with their own eyes in deference to what the media tells them; in other words, people seem to be implicitly of the belief that what one sees with one's own eyes is unimportant or simply "anecdotal" if it conflicts with a mainstream narrative.>

I post this because the media has whipped people into a frenzy about Trump winning another term. When he does via ballots, the media has already primed people to resist and question the mail voting - and here we go again for four more years.
What do you see that others don’t? Just the same old stuff.